• Ignoring facilities

Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Hiring Jim McElwain

Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I give kids that live in other parts of the country a pass on screwing up the name of UF at first. He is in the basketball business not the communication business.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I believe that would be FUG. Get your acronyms right.
There really was a state politician years ago (a dumbass nole obviously) who proposed they go to a system similar to California where it would be University of Florida at Tallahassee, University of Florida at Gainesville, University of Florida at Orlando, etc. Of course our deans politely responded in Latin "Obsconde illegitimi obesimo" which loosely translates to "get out of here you fat bastard".

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
There really was a state politician years ago (a dumbass nole obviously) who proposed they go to a system similar to California where it would be University of Florida at Tallahassee, University of Florida at Gainesville, University of Florida at Orlando, etc. Of course our deans politely responded in Latin "Obsconde illegitimi obesimo" which loosely translates to "get out of here you fat bastard".

I think with the California system it would maybe be:

1, UF-Gainesville
2. UF-Miami (nee FIU)
etc for the top tier

like UC-Berkley and UCLA.

And for the second tier it would be:

A. Florida State Penascola (nee UWF)
B. Florida State Tallahassee
etc for the lower tier

like Cal State Fullerton or Cal State San Diego (that sometimes goes by the name San Diego State)

We know UF would be in the top tier. It is not clear which other schools would be.

BTW, before getting its first official name there was speculation that the school now called UCF would be called UFO.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
How? I thought we didn’t have any scholarships. Hudson has us in a holding pattern.

The article is a bit full of it claiming Hudson is tearing it up in workouts. Still I do not expect Hudson back and we will know one way or the other in 10 days.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I looked through about 6 different sites and none of them even have Hudson getting drafted...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Even if Hudson isn't drafted, he will do just fine in Europe making six figures a year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I love Hudson’s game but at this point if we could get a high 4 star freshman in his place, I do it. Rather potential 2-4 years for a position in need than 1 more year out of Hudson. Just my 2 cents

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he will come back....

Or maybe he won't....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014