• Ignoring facilities

Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Hiring Jim McElwain

Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As mentioned previously Hudson is streaky, but at least he has the ability to take the ball to the basket and I hope he does more of that next season. He has kind of a funny sidespin on his shot, so that can be problematic at times. It is possible that Huson's style affects Allen but that is partly Mike's fault for being a horrible half court offensive coach and partly Allen's fault. A good portion of Allen's deficiencies have nothing to do with Hudson. Allen is a one dimensional player who needs help getting his own shot, and we do not have the athletic talent around him to aid him in that. Allen is a terrible ball handler, and an awful facilitator. He is not a great rebounder or defender, so if he is not scoring, often times you do not even know he is on the floor. If Allen can improve the non shooting or scoring part of his game, he can actually be a bigger contributor than he was last year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Other than him tipping in a shot for FSU by mistake I can't remember anything bad about it. Perhaps you could be more specific as I am interested.
He should have been cut from the team after that.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Great to have Hudson back for another year. Hope he plays with more intensity on defense. That could make the Gators better, plus improve his draft stock.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like our team a whole lot better now. Much rather have hudson than a grad transfer or the moore kid from texas tech.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Man, you really don’t detect humor very well, do ya?

I felt horrible for the kid when that happened. I don’t know how much he contributed to the team (minutes, leadership, etc), but I remember a few folks here looking forward to having a roster that didn’t require walk-ons.

Quite correct, and I would like a roster that did not require them, but historically in say football they have made contributions. I seem to remember a military person, and someone working at Publix making contributions in football.

An article in the NY Times is nothing to sneeze at.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/31/...r-to-walk-on-to-master-mimic-for-florida.html

And to be very truthful my humor detector is defective. What I wanted was some evidence of his negatives that you mentioned, I guess that was humor.

Thanks for the input.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
White has spoken about Allen's passiveness a ton. The kid hasn't changed yet. Hopefully the new pg will be a better floor leader than Chiozza which shouldn't be to hard. That might offset the lack of chemistry between the 2.

Clearly we have different opinions of Chiozza. The kid was a solid PG and good leader. I'm not saying he was the best we ever had, but he wasn't bad.

We win that Texas Tech game if he doesn't get in foul trouble (and those were highly questionable calls)...IMO

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Any of you guys following the story about the Stanford kid, 2-time All-P12 selection, averaged 19.5ppg, 8.7rpg, 6'8 245lbs possibly transferring to Kentucky? WTF!?!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Re: Reid = Love to have a big-guy who could average 18 ppg.... but UF's situation doesn't admit him, while Calipari will change UK's situ to welcome him.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Other than him tipping in a shot for FSU by mistake I can't remember anything bad about it. Perhaps you could be more specific as I am interested.
Well he couldn't jump, couldn't shoot and was slow. But he had a lot of heart and gave 100% effort always. He was also an excellent student. I was a fan, but you are kidding yourself if you think he had SEC talent to warrant playing the 15-20 minutes a game he did as a senior.

The fact that he played the minutes he did as a senior says a lot more about the lack of talent and depth on that team than his own talent.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Clearly we have different opinions of Chiozza. The kid was a solid PG and good leader. I'm not saying he was the best we ever had, but he wasn't bad.

We win that Texas Tech game if he doesn't get in foul trouble (and those were highly questionable calls)...IMO

I agree with you but instead of calling him "wasn't bad" I would say he was "good". Not the best but with a good team around him he was good.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well he couldn't jump, couldn't shoot and was slow. But he had a lot of heart and gave 100% effort always. He was also an excellent student. I was a fan, but you are kidding yourself if you think he had SEC talent to warrant playing the 15-20 minutes a game he did as a senior.

The fact that he played the minutes he did as a senior says a lot more about the lack of talent and depth on that team than his own talent.

What Kurtz playing particularly after December meant was that Donovan was so irritated and tiring of coaching UF so much that he would play Kurtz rather than make Chris Walker play himself into shape and play Devin Robinson and Chris Walker and let them learn from their mistakes. I am sympathetic to coaches not being able get kids to do what the want and turning to a walkon who can and will, but Kutz 18.5 minutes meant that Robinson and Walker also played less than 20 minutes each and did not develop as they might have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.