Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Hiring Jim McElwain

Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
How come? Brockway is the best Florida bball journalist we have at the moment

I think he did a terrible job covering UF basketball. Hopefully he will be replaced, anyone will be better. If he is not replaced, well the coverage will not be worse.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I think he did a terrible job covering UF basketball. Hopefully he will be replaced, anyone will be better. If he is not replaced, well the coverage will not be worse.
Completely disagree. He hasn't done as much as I would like but he is night/day better than Harry. Not in the same universe and he is allowed to express originality unlike the robotic stuff Harry puts out and even questions he asks.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Brockway is at least better than Dooley or Andreu.
Maybe Graham Hall will pick up the BBall beat....................
:doh:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
  • Allen will bounce back, Stone will play with more confidence, Hudson will be more consistent and Hayes will be steadier and will provide solid senior leadership. The youngsters will contribute. Looking forward to a nice season.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
#18 Florida Preview 2018-19

First real preview of the basketball season. I think they are under selling a bunch of players

I am not sure about under selling, but they do not really know UF roster. I expect the rotation in March to be Allen, Nembhart, Okauru, Hudson, Stone, Ballard, Hayes and Gak. Barring injury or someone making a surprising jump, those are the players I expect to get the important minutes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm 'specting Chase Johnson to contribute strongly - be much improved as healthy this year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
  • Allen will bounce back, Stone will play with more confidence, Hudson will be more consistent and Hayes will be steadier and will provide solid senior leadership. The youngsters will contribute. Looking forward to a nice season.
Marine1 always makes me think positive about gator football and basketball.......

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Marine pumping sunshine all over the place!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I can't wait to see what the big guys look like now that we have a coach who actually has coached bigs. I want to see Allen get the aggressiveness back. Should be another fun season.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Marine1 always makes me think positive about gator football and basketball.......

I had the benefit as a young man to serve under some of the most motivating and inspirational leaders possible....both as an athlete and a Marine. Their style shaped my life. Any and all success I have had is a direct result of the lessons they taught and the example they set. I went on to become a Commanding Officer and later a CEO of a large organization with over 1100 employees. I did everything I could to emulate those who shaped me. I’ve also coached basketball at the middle school, high school and AAU levels and built championship programs at all 3 levels. I have developed countless players who went on to play college ball and have 3 former players currently playing D-1 basketball. Every player I have ever coached would probably describe me as the toughest coach they ever played for.... but I also believe every one of them would state they knew I loved them and genuinely cared.

It’s always been about being positive, motivating and inspiring. I don’t do negative. I have not experienced negative folks succeeding long term at anything. But I have witnessed positive folks achieve what otherwise seemed impossible. It was always presented to me as a choice. I chose positive. I have never regretted it. It’s worked for me.

A pumper I am....and shall remain. Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How are teams like Duke and UK able to play in all of these summer games in Canada and the Bahamas? They get valuable practice games while other teams don't? Gives them extra time to gel while other schools only get limited time with their players? How does all that work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.