• Ignoring facilities

Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Hiring Jim McElwain

Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
How are teams like Duke and UK able to play in all of these summer games in Canada and the Bahamas? They get valuable practice games while other teams don't? Gives them extra time to gel while other schools only get limited time with their players? How does all that work?

College basketball: Travel guide for summer foreign trips

This site says you can take one every four years and that UK did not go on one in 2017. It seems like UK goes every year to me too, but I guess it is just the amount of noise they make. It seems like UF rarely goes and I don't know when the last time UF had such a trip?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It’s always been about being positive, motivating and inspiring. I don’t do negative. I have not experienced negative folks succeeding long term at anything. But I have witnessed positive folks achieve what otherwise seemed impossible.
I never thought of it in those terms. But I learned very long ago my kids would run through a wall when they knew I was interested in what they had to say and knew I cared about them. It sounds like you have been lucky in life along with the many youngsters that were fortunate to have you lead them.
College basketball: Travel guide for summer foreign trips

This site says you can take one every four years and that UK did not go on one in 2017. It seems like UK goes every year to me too, but I guess it is just the amount of noise they make. It seems like UF rarely goes and I don't know when the last time UF had such a trip?
I think Kruger took his boys the year before that final four run.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How are teams like Duke and UK able to play in all of these summer games in Canada and the Bahamas? They get valuable practice games while other teams don't? Gives them extra time to gel while other schools only get limited time with their players? How does all that work?
Each school can do it 1 time every 4 years I believe

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We took our team to Palatka.

It doesn't matter where you go. You get some early practices and play some games usually against weak opponents.

Palatka would be fine with me, though not as good a recruiting perk I guess. On the other hand China did not work out all that well for UCLA last year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I know with the Kentucky players it's some kind of International Academic Scholar-Athlete Exchange student thing.
Credits good for their Global Community Diversification Organizer Degree.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
So excited for this year's squad... I mean, damn, haven't been this excited since probably 06. So many scoring options and weapons... we got a good team. We're gonna win a lot of games. White era will be on full display this year ... wearing opponents down and scoring by the boat load... all the old style idiots can eat our dust.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
So excited for this year's squad... I mean, damn, haven't been this excited since probably 06. So many scoring options and weapons... we got a good team. We're gonna win a lot of games. White era will be on full display this year ... wearing opponents down and scoring by the boat load... all the old style idiots can eat our dust.

I like your style. Pump on.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... but the teams that make it to The Elite Eight will all have a smooth operator around the rim. We need that guy - the guy with the 65% FG % because he only takes shots less than 5 feet from the basket.?? It's an incomplete team with only sharpshooters who will have several "off" games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.