• Ignoring facilities

Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Hiring Jim McElwain

Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I'll have to ask my brother. He's an nba junkie and sends me stuff all the time. That's where Hudson's bad reputation is coming from. Personally, I think his "I'll play D when I feel like it" attitude really harmed this team. It isn't just Hudson either. In some of the things my brother sent me, a few scouts said UF was the most selfish team they had ever scouted. You could see in White's comments he had given up trying to fix it. They weren't listening. That is possibly a huge red flag on White.

I also would like to hear more about this. I saw our problem mostly being the opposite. Allen, Hayes, Stone, Gak, Bassett all shied away from an aggressive offensive mentality. Cheese was one of the top assists guys around. Hudson, Egor and Ballard would launch the rock but none too aggressively in terms of shot attempts per game. Shot selection was the issue as a team due to perimeter passing and then taking a shot as the clock was winding down.

Hudson’s stock is falling (even though I doubt it was ever truly very high) because he simply not ready for the NBA. His ball handling and defense especially are not ready. He’s a streaky shooter but not consistent enough for the NBA.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hudson isn't consistent enough for the NBA yet. He needs to show he can do something other than get hot from outside for a couple games and then disappear. He has to be able to pick up some assists, rebounds, steals, etc. when he's not scoring. I'd love to have him back for the scoring threat, but I really hope he works on those things in the offseason if he does come back.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Looks like we're going to have to rely on freshman for scoring if Allen goes pro. Im not expecting a tourney bid next year. Are we even going to have any inside presence at all? Will stokes and Johnson be contributors?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we're going to have to rely on freshman for scoring if Allen goes pro. Im not expecting a tourney bid next year. Are we even going to have any inside presence at all? Will stokes and Johnson be contributors?

Of course you don’t expect a bid. Par for the course :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would rather have a big guy grad transfer, but if Johnson would play PG exclusively that may work out.
That's a no brainer. It would be retarded to shop the grad transfer market for a pg over a big.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is exactly the type of kid we need. Length and athleticism plus a double double guy from Kissimmee. White needs to land this kid.
I think he was visiting us when we beat kentucky at home last.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hudson isn't consistent enough for the NBA yet. He needs to show he can do something other than get hot from outside for a couple games and then disappear. He has to be able to pick up some assists, rebounds, steals, etc. when he's not scoring. I'd love to have him back for the scoring threat, but I really hope he works on those things in the offseason if he does come back.
I'd love to have hudson back but his draft stock can ho nowhere but down at the age of 22.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We have 1 legit scorer and no inside presence. Mike White hasn't shown the ability to outcoach most teams. From a roster standpoint and talent level ill be shocked if we finish in the top 5 of the SEC.

It’s called development. We have Stone and Allen back along with a more experienced Okauru which will likely be our leading scorers. Throw in 3 top 100 recruits and much better numbers on the inside, and I think we’ll be just fine.

SEC is losing a lot, just take a look at the tourney teams and who they’ll have back.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
...Im not expecting a tourney bid next year.

Wait....Trollmar has a negative prediction about some UF sport? I’m shocked...shocked, I say.

That baseball beat down for the last 13 games must really gnaw at your little clown heart, doesn’t it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well I am traveling a bit and boy this has become an interesting thread:

1. t-gator has it exactly right, Hudson's stock is probably as high as it will ever be now. He should go. You can make the selfish case against all SG. What they do is generally shoot. Hudson was a better rebounder for UF than I expected which is not selfish. A selfish 2 guard is out on the break every time counting on others to get the board.

2. Egbunu before the thumb injury >>>> than Egbunu after the thumb injury. I have no reason to think his game has not eroded further with an ACL injury where the rehab did not go smoothly. Before the thumb injury Egbunu was a scoring force inside. After the thumb injury he shot less and his shooting percentage drop 99 percentage points. Maybe 2.5 years after the thumb injury his shooting would be back, but we will never see at UF now.

3. As I have said on other threads, I have read on another site from a poster that the staff apparently views Okauru as a SG not a PG. I suspect this may be a recruiting Nembhard view. They likely told Nembhard, we don't have a PG and come to UF next year and share the position with a SR, Allen, who is not a natural PG and play lots of minutes and learn. Maybe they promised him the starting position but I don't know that. So I would not be surprised to see the PG slot in the hands of Allen and Nembhard next year and then Nembhard and Okauru going forward. We shall see. A lot of this depends on if White quits playing small ball.

4. As far as a graduate transfer goes, I would take a Frosh almost anytime. Still it is true that a grad transfer is proven at the college level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator