Votes: 74 57.8%

• Total voters

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Another Nembard article, here is an excerpt:

Kevin Brockway Gainesville _Sun_ said:
Point of perseverance: Top UF signee knows how to handle adversity
Incoming Florida freshman point guard Andrew Nembhard has already overcome obstacles to become a passing prodigy

MONTVERDE — The year-old plaque remains inside the basketball offices at Montverde Academy.

It reads — Boys Varsity Basketball, Perseverance Award, Andrew Nembhard, 2016-17.

Florida fans know Nembhard as a flashy, 6-foot-4, Canadian point guard, the first five-star signee in Mike White’s three-year tenure as UF coach and the possible heir apparent to Chris Chiozza heading into the 2018-19 season.

On a March night in 2017, though, Nembhard’s burgeoning basketball dreams were put on hold. Following an afternoon workout, Nembhard bought a slice of pizza at the deli down the street from the school’s campus and couldn’t hold it down. At first, trainers thought he was dehydrated.

Hit this link for the rest:

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/04/point-of-perseverance/

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I am really excited about Nembhard. Love a tall classic PG with great court vision and can play some D.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
My guess is that UF can sign 3 or 4 next year. I think that Hudson likely stays in the draft this year but one way or another, even if UF takes a grad transfer, his slot is likely to be open for 2019. Of course Allen and Hayes' spots are very likely to be open. I suspect at least one more player will transfer as it would be shocking to me for UF to go 2 years in a row without a transfer out.

So what would people think of a 3 player early signing period class of:

PG: Tre Mann
SG/SF: Scottie Lewis
PF: Omar Payne

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is that UF can sign 3 or 4 next year. I think that Hudson likely stays in the draft this year but one way or another, even if UF takes a grad transfer, his slot is likely to be open for 2019. Of course Allen and Hayes' spots are very likely to be open. I suspect at least one more player will transfer as it would be shocking to me for UF to go 2 years in a row without a transfer out.

So what would people think of a 3 player early signing period class of:

PG: Tre Mann
SG/SF: Scottie Lewis
PF: Omar Payne
That would be one hell of a class! As good of 3 man class we've had .

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
White bringing in top talent every year with recruits and transfers. 3 straight 20 win season, an Elite 8, and 2 NCAA appearances. Go Gators!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That would be one hell of a class! As good of 3 man class we've had .

Yeah, I tossed in Lewis as a guess. What would you think of C.J. Walker as a SF instead? In some ways, I like the idea of a 6'7" SF better.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I tossed in Lewis as a guess. What would you think of C.J. Walker as a SF instead? In some ways, I like the idea of a 6'7" SF better.
Yeah he looks like a stud too. Looks like we're recruiting him hard. A poster on the other board said we probably won't be able to compete with the blue bloods for Lewis but it's early. But walker would be be just as good of a pick up atleast from the tape.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah he looks like a stud too. Looks like we're recruiting him hard. A poster on the other board said we probably won't be able to compete with the blue bloods for Lewis but it's early. But walker would be be just as good of a pick up atleast from the tape.

Better in some ways from my point of view. A 6'5" SF is except in the rare case of growing in college is always going to be undersized not matter how skilled. A 6'7" SF creates problems for other college programs.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Projected 4 man class

Mann
Lewis
Payne
The C on Lewis' AAU team

That would be a perfect scenario. We currently are leading for Lewis and have a great shot at him. KY, Duke, and Villanova are looking to get Antoine and Lewis so this will be a huge battle to the end. Lewis is a Top 5 talent and a must get. Total game changer imo

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Projected 4 man class

The C on Lewis' AAU team

AIDAN IGIEHON

and

Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10
Completing his official visit to Tennessee, top-50 junior Tre Mann will take an official visit to Florida on May 1, a source tells

Which is of course today. Some chatter he is close pulling the trigger. I wonder if the possible assistant coaching change would impact this visit or him pulling the trigger.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
AIDAN IGIEHON

and

Which is of course today. Some chatter he is close pulling the trigger. I wonder if the possible assistant coaching change would impact this visit or him pulling the trigger.
I don't think it will impact him. He is from Gainesville I believe so it's more about other things than the assistant coach (which has that even been confirmed by anyone for real)

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I think someone mentioned a while back that C.J. Walker of FSU is transferring. I just heard their 7ft center, Ike Obiago was given his request for a transfer. Only problem is we, more than likely, won't have any room for a defensive player such as Obiago.
As much as I like Gak, he just doesn't have the physical presence like Egbunu had underneath.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I happened across this interesting and balanced report on Nembhard at the Jordan Brands game:

Evan Tomes NBADraft.net said:
Andrew Nembhard 6’4 190 PG - Florida

Nembhard always looked to push the ball up the floor, making outlet passes to hit teammates in stride. He dished out six assists but also had four turnovers. He finished with nine points, and although he doesn’t have a hitch in his shot anymore, he didn’t make any of his threes and his misses are still hitting the front rim. He had a strong take for an and-one and smooth midrange pullup. Nembhard plays at a great pace, keeps it simple, and is among the top points in the class. He intercepted a few passes to record three steals and grabbed nine rebounds with four coming on the offensive end.

http://www.nbadraft.net/jordan-brand-classic-white-team-recap

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think someone mentioned a while back that C.J. Walker of FSU is transferring. I just heard their 7ft center, Ike Obiago was given his request for a transfer. Only problem is we, more than likely, won't have any room for a defensive player such as Obiago.
As much as I like Gak, he just doesn't have the physical presence like Egbunu had underneath.
Wouldn't we have room if Hudson left early?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well here is a good off season topic for everyone. How much does having a beat writer like Brockway who is completely indifferent to UF basketball hurt the enthusiasm for the program?

Twitter is full of a PG taking an official visit to UF and claims that UF's newly hired associate head coach in basketball is leaving after a couple of weeks, yet Brockway is writing about Calathes maybe catching on in the NBA again and Donovan at OKC. The two stories Brockway did not write about required some work on his part. The two stories he did write about required reading an article on ESPN and reading an article on BleacherReport.

So how much does this kind of effort affect interest in UF's men's basketball program or is Brockway correct and no one really cares if he puts in any work or not.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Brockway is horrible. Whatever he gets paid, it is too much.

But I don't think his work affects the enthusiasm around the program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.