Florida Gators Football: 2015 Season Preview and Prediction

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2ndAmend;n242191 said:
Florida's other five games are not listed, but it's a safe bet that Florida would be favored in at least its three home meetings with non-conference teams and its home game against Vanderbilt (Tennessee opened as a 17-point favorite over Vandy, and the line had ballooned to 20 points by Saturday), and fair to say that Kentucky might be a slight favorite over the Gators in Lexington if the Golden Nugget posted a line in that game. (If we want to try to scry with relative lines: Auburn is a nine-point favorite at Kentucky; LSU, a three-point favorite over Auburn at home, is a 14-point favorite over Florida at home. The implied 11-point difference between Florida and Auburn would make Florida a small underdog at Kentucky.)
Do you think these lines are accurate and fair? Or is Florida being underestimated?

Enjoy

That is just disrespectful - they may open our under/over wins at 6 1/2 games or so if they are looking at us like that.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Lack of quality depth at several positions is what will make a lot of the SEC games difficult. As I look at this schedule here is how I think the Wins/Losses break down:

New Mexico State: W (no more GSUs)
East Carolina: W (that qb who was slinging it for them is gone i think)
Kentucky: W (we keep the streak going. barely. they don't have the depth like the stronger teams in the conference. we'll squeak this one by them.)
Tennessee: L (hate to give this one to the Vols but they are a little ahead on their rebuild. enjoy it while you can UT.)
Ole Miss: L (too deep for this young gator squad this year)
Missouri: L (we're on their turf and we always manage to play our worst against them)
LSU: L (it'll be tough for the young gators, especially on offense, at Baton Rouge)
UGA: L (i think we'll play well, but UGA will be ready to stop the run and i think they have their next stud qb ready to go this year.)
Vandy: W (we get out of our funk vs another team lacking the depth of the big boys in the conference)
USC: L (a duel for sure, but one that i give to the cocks because they are at home for this one)
FAU: W (no more GSUs)
Florida State: W (Mac's young team grows up, takes their lumps during the season, and puts it to the holes who will stumble into Ben Hill without Winston at the helm. this win will save the season and put us in a bowl.)

so 6-6. i'm trying to temper expectations and hope mac and co can really surprise us. another win against a stronger SEC team or two is possible and 7 or 8 wins would be excellent for this squad at this moment. anything beyond that puts us in dreamland and grants mac instant god status.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LongTooth;n242508 said:
Lack of quality depth at several positions is what will make a lot of the SEC games difficult. As I look at this schedule here is how I think the Wins/Losses break down:

Kentucky: W (we keep the streak going. barely. they don't have the depth like the stronger teams in the conference. we'll squeak this one by them.)
Tennessee: L (hate to give this one to the Vols but they are a little ahead on their rebuild. enjoy it while you can UT.)
Missouri: L (we're on their turf and we always manage to play our worst against them)
LSU: L (it'll be tough for the young gators, especially on offense, at Baton Rouge)
UGA: L (i think we'll play well, but UGA will be ready to stop the run and i think they have their next stud qb ready to go this year.)
Vandy: W (we get out of our funk vs another team lacking the depth of the big boys in the conference)
USC: L (a duel for sure, but one that i give to the cocks because they are at home for this one)
Florida State: W (Mac's young team grows up, takes their lumps during the season, and puts it to the holes who will stumble into Ben Hill without Winston at the helm. this win will save the season and put us in a bowl.)

so 6-6. i'm trying to temper expectations and hope mac and co can really surprise us. another win against a stronger SEC team or two is possible and 7 or 8 wins would be excellent for this squad at this moment. anything beyond that puts us in dreamland and grants mac instant god status.

Things are bad but they're not that bad. Other teams will have struggles and injuries and we have a more favorable schedule this year than the last few. I'm think we end up 7-5 or 8-4.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n242540 said:
Things are bad but they're not that bad. Other teams will have struggles and injuries and we have a more favorable schedule this year than the last few. I'm think we end up 7-5 or 8-4.

we can definitely move some of those games into the win column. but, we are just a couple injuries away from shoving some of those wins over to the loss side so i split the difference. believe me, i want to see 7 or 8 at least, including taking a couple scalps from some rivals, but until i see the product mac and co can put out there this year, i'll go conservative. there's time for dreaming of the sec east title if/when we beat the vols.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n242508 said:

Tooth I see UT and Ole Piss that could be wins here too. This is UT's best shot to end the streak but it will not come easy and the Viles get way too much love than they deserve. Jones is still a rather unproven coach. He's done nothing to prove otherwise. I definitely get the tempered expectations. But see UF at 7-5, 8-4. Mac is going to turn some heads rather quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb