Florida Gators, Jim McElwain building like Clemson, not Alabama

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, you can easily get blown out by Trailerbammer, Clown Town, Tinerc and Piglets. Ff your offense is pathetic, you can have a statistically good year on defense and get blown the fvkk out regularly.

This is why statistics are for losers. Any decent team that wanted to score on us could score basically at will. Bammer and Clowns could have scored 80-100 if they didn't get bored with it. Hell, the Piglets didn't really even bother scoring more in the second half.
Pad your stats against cupcakes and the lowly East and close your eyes when you face anyone that's worth a sh*t. That's been our formula for "top ranked" defenses. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just gives more of an excuse to meddle for a while before showing real results.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yes, you can easily get blown out by Trailerbammer, Clown Town, Tinerc and Piglets. Ff your offense is pathetic, you can have a statistically good year on defense and get blown the fvkk out regularly.

This is why statistics are for losers. Any decent team that wanted to score on us could score basically at will. Bammer and Clowns could have scored 80-100 if they didn't get bored with it. Hell, the Piglets didn't really even bother scoring more in the second half.

And because you watched the game so closely you are aware that the offensive ineptitude, blocked punt and repeated turnovers had everything to do with the defense getting worn down against Bama. I wasn't able to watch the Arkansas game but from what I read we couldn't do anything right on offense then, either.

You're almost entirely alone in not acknowledging the Gators had a great defense last year. For all the other issues, that wasn't one of them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And because you watched the game so closely you are aware that the offensive ineptitude, blocked punt and repeated turnovers had everything to do with the defense getting worn down against Bama. I wasn't able to watch the Arkansas game but from what I read we couldn't do anything right on offense then, either.

The offense isnt why the defense gives up 40-60 points.

Lack of depth and lack of size up the middle is why the defense gets blown out.

Those problems are both far worse this year (and next).

Last edited:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
The offense isnt why the dwfense gives up 40-60 points.

I think there is concern in that area, but some of that is exaggerated imo.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The offense isnt why the defense gives up 40-60 points.

I don't dispute the factors you raise.

But offense absolutely affects defense and points by the opponent. First quarter of the SECCG the offense and special teams served up enough points that despite negative yards given up by the defense, we were already losing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, was just about to pull out the popcorn, and then you guys started felating each other. :waiting:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator