Florida Gators offense vs Charleston Southern

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Tried to focus on the O line some while watching that.

We left at least 3 big runs out there. On one if Davis just makes his cut a split second sooner he would have been off to the races. On another Scarlett I think it was just needed to take it out wider and he would have been in the open field trucking a DB.

On another Fred Johnson was pulling with a TE and all he needed to do was pick up his guy and the TE would have had the other guy and Davis would have turned the corner for a really big run but instead Johnson runs in the middle of the 2 defenders allowing one of them to make the play.

Fred Johnson let a guy slip right past him on a passing play I think and I saw Ivey letting a defender disengage from him very quickly allowing them to make a play.

Also it didn't appear that team was really stacking the box that much against us except when we were in heavy formations.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seven Gatorchatter members actually graded our overall performance a C. I wonder if they thought this was the 2008 team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seven Gatorchatter members actually graded our overall performance a C. I wonder if they thought this was the 2008 team.

I was one of them grading it a C. Not good when your starters go 40% on 3rd down % against a lowly FCS team.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The play I mentioned in my thread about Franks hitting the TE on a checkdown is at the 6:02 mark. They were going for the fake WR screen/home run to Jefferson (I think). CSU covered it well, but Franks stayed in the pocket and hit his TE for the first down. I immediately said something to SQ in the stadium about how great that play was, and as it turns out, the announcers did, as well. Those aren't plays that are ever going to show up on major highlight reels, but for me, it was the best play Franks made the entire night.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
The play I mentioned in my thread about Franks hitting the TE on a checkdown is at the 6:02 mark. They were going for the fake WR screen/home run to Jefferson (I think). CSU covered it well, but Franks stayed in the pocket and hit his TE for the first down. I immediately said something to SQ in the stadium about how great that play was, and as it turns out, the announcers did, as well. Those aren't plays that are ever going to show up on major highlight reels, but for me, it was the best play Franks made the entire night.

One of the best, yes, because of the Checkdown. However, my favorite was the corner route to Hammond. I’ve never seen that touch & accuracy from him before.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was one of them grading it a C. Not good when your starters go 40% on 3rd down % against a lowly FCS team.
All things relative, that's part and parcel the final result. This was an offensive explosion by any means comparable. I have to grade it a minimum B+.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
One of the best, yes, because of the Checkdown. However, my favorite was the corner route to Hammond. I’ve never seen that touch & accuracy from him before.

Its actually what made me begin to think he may be serviceable after all...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That play to Swain on film around 2:30 was one of the most impressive to me. Showed great pocket presence and kept his eyes down field. Threw a perfect strike with good touch. Haven’t seen that from him at all in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.