17 Wins/27 games 63%

Meyer
41 wins/54 games 76%

Chump
19 wins/36 games 53%

Mac
13 wins/18 games 73%

Analysis anyone?

*Reason for using regular season SEC/F$U. It normalizes the comparisons to common(mostly) opponents. Every team plays the SEC schedule and F$U. It eliminates the cupcake and cancelled games from the equation. Yeah some years we've played Miami but I'm too lazy to include them and not every team plays Miami. Not every team goes to the SECCG either and when we do the opponent is more than an SEC team, they are usually NC caliber. And bowl games are hit and miss. There's no telling what caliber team you get and let's face it some times it's a consolation prize and the team/coaches aren't motivated.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thread title is misleading - are all of our SEC opponents considered 'rivals'?
I would only consider Bama, LSU, UGA and Tennessee (maybe Auburn) as SEC rivals in football. Add FSU and Miami for OOC.
In that scenario, Mac is 4-9 (44%). I'm not gonna go back and figure out the other guys vs. only those teams, but they all drop in winning % if you only look at those 7 'rival' teams. Cue the neGators in 1, 2, .................

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Thread title is misleading - are all of our SEC opponents considered 'rivals'?
I would only consider Bama, LSU, UGA and Tennessee (maybe Auburn) as SEC rivals in football. Add FSU and Miami for OOC.
In that scenario, Mac is 4-9 (44%). I'm not gonna go back and figure out the other guys vs. only those teams, but they all drop in winning % if you only look at those 7 'rival' teams. Cue the neGators in 1, 2, .................
Fixed it for you. Wouldn't want you to be mislead.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Regular season versus SEC/F$U
Steven Orr Spurrier
87 Wins/ 106 games 82%

Zooker
17 Wins/27 games 63%

Meyer
41 wins/54 games 76%

Chump
19 wins/36 games 53%

Mac
13 wins/18 games 73%

Analysis anyone?
I'd say that these stats support an argument that Mac deserves a little more time before he's compared to any of the previous 4 coaches. They also support an argument that he's not doing as bad a job as the negators here say he is.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The East is so freaking bad though. It's the easiest it's been for any of those guys. That said he has won it. It just doesn't mean very much.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The East is so freaking bad though. It's the easiest it's been for any of those guys. That said he has won it. It just doesn't mean very much.

It means that all the rest of the east had to watch us go to Atlanta. Twice. Now, if he can just win in Atlanta.....

Sep 29, 2015

But your qualifier for Mac can be tempered with the qualifier that the program he inherited from 4-8 was dead - certainly more so than the programs Zook, Meyer and Chump inherited.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
But your qualifier for Mac can be tempered with the qualifier that the program he inherited from 4-8 was dead - certainly more so than the programs Zook, Meyer and Chump inherited.

Didn't we just have 7-8 guys drafted? Yeah, he had zero talent to work with. Come on. Not buying this empty cupboard crap.

Sep 29, 2015
Didn't we just have 7-8 guys drafted? Yeah, he had zero talent to work with. Come on. Not buying this empty cupboard crap.

And the Vols had 6, so why I should I buy your East was so awful crap?

The truth is the East is awful, and 7-8 guys drafted does make a good program. It was terrible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It means that all the rest of the east had to watch us go to Atlanta. Twice. Now, if he can just win in Atlanta.....
Easy Hoss. Win in Atlanta? :lmao2:

You pumpers will be declaring victory if he can actually win a quarter versus Trailerbammer and perhaps score once in his career vs Clowntown.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where is the comparison of records versus ranked teams? Even Zooker went about 50-50.

You guys can spend all you want spinnig but the plain and painful f****** truth is that he's worse than Chump on offense. Frankly I thought it was impossible. Add to that resume bullet piss poor recruiting and a weak defense that folds like clockwork in the second half.

Fire up the injury, Nusschump and Shannon suck excuses. You should keep them warm and ready for October.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac started 6-0 and has gone 13-8 since. Right now, I'm in the "prove it" camp. I don't think that's unfair, is it?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
where is the comparison of Records versus ranked teams? Even Zooker went about 50-50

you guys can spend all you want but the plane and painful f****** truth is that he's worse than champ on offense. frankly I thought it was impossible.

and his defense sucks too.

fire up the injury, Nusschump and Shannon suck excuses. you should keep them warm and ready for October.
It's a free country. Work it up yourself.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I took out all the games that didn't fit my narrative and it says Mac is 10% better than Zook! :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We ain't winning in Atlanta until we are NC caliper because quite frankly our opposition in that game is.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Mac inherited a top 10 defense when he stepped foot on campus so he wasn't in terrible shape. Yes the other coaches had a more balanced teams but Mac was supposed to be a genius on offense who could "win with his dog at Qb" and he's shown to have a worse offense than the previous coach who offense was run,run,pass,punt. Without Muschamps recruiting Mac would probably be fired already. And before you disagree with that statement look back at the past 2 Vandy games. Without a top notch defense we lose to Vandy both years. We also lose to Tn both years as well, you can also take away the lsu win from last year and let's not forget the FAU game well. What coach at UF would survive all of that. Yes Mac inherited a very bad offense but without our defense the last 2 years he'd be gone so he should thank Muschamp for saving his butt.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The math may say ~70% but it feels like 40% watching and feeling it... really man, the last woody like event I can remember was that LSU goal line stand/win... otherwise it's been mostly a helluva yawn fest since prime M3 times

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.