Florida HC winning % vs SEC/F$U

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
10-3 gets you in the top 10 most years if you're in the SEC...as long as you don't suffer 3 blowouts. As far as the "right coach", I honestly don't know who that was at the time. Mac sure ain't it IMO. I think he's a genuinely good guy with a decent personality but he won't ever be a championship caliber HC.
If you're a West team, meaning you don't have that late season loss in the SECCG. Only three SEC East teams have done it in the last ten years and they were all ranked in the top #5 going in (i.e. one loss going in). It's not impossible but it's not likely. Basically we need to be top #5 at the end of the regular season or win the SEC CG.
There's a lot of valid reasons to go after MAc. That prolly ain't one of them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean the 2nd year or after the 2nd year?
Pretty high expectations for 2nd year after the dumpster fire Chump left. I doubt even Spurrier or Meyer couldn't turn it around that fast.
Won more games? Maybe maybe not. Been blown out like Butters, of course not. Failed to score at all vs Clown Town or only score twice in two years vs Trailerbammer? Of course not.

Would they have created excitement and landed incredible recruiting classes, after the p9r transition year? Absolutely they and other top coaches would have. Before you blame it entirely on Fooley, two of the worst coaches are Butters first picks (Nord and Nusschump).

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
There was a lot more to the LSU game than is reflected in the numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.