Recruiting Florida Lands 4* ATH Kadrius Tony

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've never said he's the next SOS or Urban, or Saban. But he did a hell of a lot with a team that wasn't very good. That's good enough for me to trust his decision making over our experts here at GatorChatter..

I trust the coaches! Post of the Year!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I trust the coaches! Post of the Year!

I do trust the coaches until they give me reason not too. Muschamp gave me reason not to almost immediately in his coaching tenure here due to his awful philosophy. This guy is rated a 4* so no idea why you guys are having fits..

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I do trust the coaches until they give me reason not too. Muschamp gave me reason not to almost immediately in his coaching tenure here due to his awful philosophy. This guy is rated a 4* so no idea why you guys are having fits..

Well, then...there you have it folks! No reason to have a message board anymore...nothing else to discuss! We all trust the coaches and everything is great in the world of Florida Football!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

How about that LSU fake FG that everyone in the universe knew was going to happen except for our head coach? That inspired trust? Or is there an excuse to follow?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is rated a 4* so no idea why you guys are having fits..
No his isn't. You guys pick and choose from these shytty recruiting services trying to either find some excuse to believe a POS recruit is "undervalued" or then use the lowest service to try to claim "see these 2 stars are excellent" once the rare kid actually plays well once in a decade or so.

Like others have said, I hope he doesn't stick but it's the shytty 2 stars or low 3 stars who have no hope of getting another offer that never leave.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No his isn't. You guys pick and choose from these shytty recruiting services trying to either find some excuse to believe a POS recruit is "undervalued" or then use the lowest service to try to claim "see these 2 stars are excellent" once the rare kid actually plays well once in a decade or so.

Like others have said, I hope he doesn't stick but it's the shytty 2 stars or low 3 stars who have no hope of getting another offer that never leave.
I know you're on a piss-and-moan roll here, but he was recruited by Bama and Auburn. They usually don't recruit crappy players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah, he got a noncommitable offer, like 2400 other kids. Show me a commitable offer, then I'll be impressed with Treon 0.5.

Actually I won't even then. He's too small and too slow for CB. He will never play a down here.

We need a great recruiting class, but it looks like, to the extent we can land anyone, it's going to be same old same old two stars and low 3 stars we stole from UCF or FIU. I just don't get it. Every recruit seems to love Mac. WTF.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah, he got a noncommitable offer, like 2400 other kids.

Show me a commitable offer, then I'll be impressed with Treon 0.5. Actually I won't even then. We need a great recruiting class, but it looks like, to the extent we can land anyone, it's going to be same old same old two stars and low 3 stars we stole from UCF or FIU.
You're my favorite poster. Although I don't have the slightest idea why.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're my favorite poster. Although I don't have the slightest idea why.
:lmao2:
Because I make you hits and pennies?

Though I seem to be losing my touch. Couldn't get anyone to take the Catholic bait in the Sandusky Paterno thread or the Creyer bait.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I trust that there is a "learning curve" at coaching in SEC competition. I will not see mistakes
by Mac at this "beginning" of his UF career as violating his trustworthiness. So far he's shown
that he delivers Gator-wins.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait to tell all my Gator friends who don't read this board that this kid and our coaches suck. I love being smarter than everyone in the room!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol there's not any reason to even argue with the doom and gloomer's, you people find fault with everything Mac does. It's pathetic

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea if this guy is really any good or not. I know we aren't going to get another top rated QB so I don't mind them taking a shot on a kid who could possibly (if he surprises us) give extra depth at QB. We have seen how important that is. With Jake coming in and already have Franks I don't see us getting another top flight guy in 2017 at the QB slot. So you give this kid an offer and you know that because of his athleticism he can most likely transition into another position on the field if needed.

Not the worst thing in the world.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lol there's not any reason to even argue with the doom and gloomer's, you people find fault with everything Mac does. It's pathetic

FWIW, I didn't bash McElwain. I simply said the jury is still out. I like the direction, he says the right things, and is much, much more likable than the last dipsh*t we hired. I hope he does well as I love Gator football. I stand by my statement that "I trust the coaches" is a lazy response on a message board...and a stupid response. I did not bash this kid either. I said something along the lines of "is he the next Kyle Trask?" (because in the first few posts it said he was a 2-star). I hope the kid comes in and is the next Joe Haden. But I don't post "I trust the coaches". As was pointed out in post # 53 by T Rex, "blind devotion" (read the post, it makes sense). There's a difference in "doom and gloom" and reality.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah, he got a noncommitable offer, like 2400 other kids. Show me a commitable offer, then I'll be impressed with Treon 0.5.

Actually I won't even then. He's too small and too slow for CB. He will never play a down here.

We need a great recruiting class, but it looks like, to the extent we can land anyone, it's going to be same old same old two stars and low 3 stars we stole from UCF or FIU. I just don't get it. Every recruit seems to love Mac. WTF.
Dude, his highlight tape blows treons out of the water. And if he is anything like Treon, you should be on cloud9. I was starting he was your child after seeing how much you were pumping him last year

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Not so fast. He won the worst SEC East in history. Great. He got destroyed by Bama, FSU and Michigan. Bad games vs Vandy and FAU. We stunk for about half a season. Not sure if that's lost on you or what but he also did not recruit very well. He is very far behind in recruiting again. SO you think it is crazy for some to take a wait and see attitude or ask for more before we anoint him as our next savior?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He did it with probably the worst line ever, a freshman QB that wanted to have big muscles for a few games and then a smurf QB that had perfected one play, "running out of bounds" and no back up. I am not completely sold yet either but I do believe that with the right talent in place we will win.

Patriot

Banned
BANNED
May 5, 2016
Not so fast. He won the worst SEC East in history. Great. He got destroyed by Bama, FSU and Michigan. Bad games vs Vandy and FAU. We stunk for about half a season. Not sure if that's lost on you or what but he also did not recruit very well. He is very far behind in recruiting again. SO you think it is crazy for some to take a wait and see attitude or ask for more before we anoint him as our next savior?

Those games we lost we were playing without a quarterback. Its hard to play 10 on 11 missing the most important position on offense

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Those games we lost we were playing without a quarterback. Its hard to play 10 on 11 missing the most important position on offense

Same thing happened under Muschamp. Why didn't we just keep him? These are all excuses...and they fall on the coaching staff. Why is it the 19 year old kids fault and not the $3.5 million coach? I know, I know....more excuses. As has been said, the jury is still out on him. Let's all hope he proves his worth this year. I think most of us really like the guy; great pedigree, great attitude, doing/saying all the right things, etc. Let's not get blown out 3 games in a row. Let's be more prepared to beat a 3-9 football team. Let's not sweat out a win vs. Vanderbilt. Let's have more than 1 QB ready to go if the starter goes down....etc. It's going to be a good season ahead and I'm betting Del Rio or Applebee will be pretty good in this offense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Same thing happened under Muschamp.

The difference is that McElwain didn't have a chance to fix the QB depth issue. He was dealt cards that Muschamp gave him and he did the most anybody could hope with that hand. He was given a team with an extreme lack of OL depth and whose best returning OL was not able to play anymore because of a medical issue. He had two QBs and he made the best one good enough to get us to 6-0 before the kid did something monumentally stupid.

The second QB just isn't that good and we all know that.

So I don't think it is fair to say "the same thing happened under Muschamp"... Muschamp was given more talent than McElwain was.

I don't know if McElwain is going to be a superstar, but I do think he has us headed in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator