Recruiting Florida Lands 4* ATH Kadrius Tony

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The difference is that McElwain didn't have a chance to fix the QB depth issue. He was dealt cards that Muschamp gave him and he did the most anybody could hope with that hand. He was given a team with an extreme lack of OL depth and whose best returning OL was not able to play anymore because of a medical issue. He had two QBs and he made the best one good enough to get us to 6-0 before the kid did something monumentally stupid.

The second QB just isn't that good and we all know that.

So I don't think it is fair to say "the same thing happened under Muschamp"... Muschamp was given more talent than McElwain was.

I don't know if McElwain is going to be a superstar, but I do think he has us headed in the right direction.

More excuses.... But sure, I agree we need to give McElwain time to develop a QB.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac could've won the whole thing last year with a bunch of newborn babies and you guys would still complain

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He's too small and too slow for CB. He will never play a down here.

You and I disagreed and probably still do on Trask. We are in full agreement on Toney. I don't get it. Toney ran track (100m). His best time is 11.44. That estimates to a 4.7 40 time which matches Scout's verified 4.69. Whatever scouting service that has him running a 4.3 or 4.4 is wrong. This guy is slow and shouldn't be playing corner, safety, or receiver. It just looks like a wasted scholly.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac could've won the whole thing last year with a bunch of newborn babies and you guys would still complain

Problem is, he didn't. He got shellacked at the end of the year. Then he followed that up with a so-so recruiting class. I could care less about winning the East. The SEC is the real prize. Win that and you have a seat at the playoffs. We have a very long ways to go. We need a top 5 class next year.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Problem is, he didn't. He got shellacked at the end of the year. Then he followed that up with a so-so recruiting class. I could care less about winning the East. The SEC is the real prize. Win that and you have a seat at the playoffs. We have a very long ways to go. We need a top 5 class next year.

So tell me what coaches would've done what Mac done with the team he had... I'll wait... Maybe saban. Maybe. And we had possibly one of the worst QB's ever in Treon Harris playing against FSU, Bama, and Michigan. And we only lost by 14 to Alabama, not exactly a shellacking. And it wasn't a so so recruiting class. He brought in several talented WR's, Two talented RB's, 3 more solid O lineman, a top QB in state, top kicker..... Defensive recruiting wasn't good but he did pull some players with some potential, we didn't need defensive recruits, we needed offensive and we got that. I'm not saying Mac is going to be the best coach in our history or be as good as Meyer/SOS, but I think he has potential to be a really, really good one and has already showed that. We saw a glimpse at the potential of his offense last year with Grier, and I think Del Rio is much, much better.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So tell me what coaches would've done what Mac done with the team he had... I'll wait... Maybe saban. Maybe. And we had possibly one of the worst QB's ever in Treon Harris playing against FSU, Bama, and Michigan. And we only lost by 14 to Alabama, not exactly a shellacking. And it wasn't a so so recruiting class. He brought in several talented WR's, Two talented RB's, 3 more solid O lineman, a top QB in state, top kicker..... Defensive recruiting wasn't good but he did pull some players with some potential, we didn't need defensive recruits, we needed offensive and we got that. I'm not saying Mac is going to be the best coach in our history or be as good as Meyer/SOS, but I think he has potential to be a really, really good one and has already showed that. We saw a glimpse at the potential of his offense last year with Grier, and I think Del Rio is much, much better.

That's your problem. For UF? That was a so-so recruiting class. Poll any of your pumper buddies. We can pull up the last 20 years of recruiting and in context it is probably at best middle of the road(bottom half).

We didn't need defensive recruits? You are so full of ****. Any pumper buddy agree with that garbage? Since when don't you need defensive recruits? DO you really believe that BS you are typing?

PS Saban pulled off the gas for his old coach. He could've beat us by 35 if he wanted to.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's your problem. For UF? That was a so-so recruiting class. Poll any of your pumper buddies. We can pull up the last 20 years of recruiting and in context it is probably at best middle of the road(bottom half).

We didn't need defensive recruits? You are so full of ****. Any pumper buddy agree with that garbage? Since when don't you need defensive recruits? DO you really believe that BS you are typing?

PS Saban pulled off the gas for his old coach. He could've beat us by 35 if he wanted to.[/

No, we didn't NEED any defensive recruits. Actually, I stand corrected, we could've used a DT or two but whiffed in that position group. Also, what are you basing your "it was a so so class" off of? Star ratings? We saw how well those recruits we had during the Muschamp era panned out, star rating doesn't mean as much as you guys are making it out to be.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

We did have a decent class but not a great one. My expectations were high and it just didnt happen. We did need defensive players and I really expect to see the staff doing everything this year to turn it around and get some. They know full well what they need so now is time to get it. I am happy they focused on the offense though, we really needed it but we need both sides. I too think we will be alot better this year with improved oline play and an offense that can score some points to keep the pressure off of the defense....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
@ Big Claw - Coach Mac has TWO of the three WORST recruiting classes since 2003. That's as far back as Rivals will let me go.

14th and 23rd

Our average class rank since 2003?

His second class was nearly DOUBLE our average. How is that NOT so so?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ Big Claw - Coach Mac has TWO of the three WORST recruiting classes since 2003. That's as far back as Rivals will let me go.

14th and 23rd

Our average class rank since 2003?

His second class was nearly DOUBLE our average. How is that NOT so so?

I don't look at rankings, I look at how well we addressed our needs in that class. It was a good not great class, and the 23rd one, you can thank Mac for that because he brought that up from about a 100 at the time when Muschamp was fired to that..

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't look at rankings, I look at how well we addressed our needs in that class. It was a good not great class, and the 23rd one, you can thank Mac for that because he brought that up from about a 100 at the time when Muschamp was fired to that..

It was so so, agreed?

Comparatively speaking...so so is being very generous.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now that I have the insight of the smartest posters in the world. I know we will lose to Kentucky, UT and Vandy in early 2016. Then we will go on a real slide. Mac will be fired by mid 2017 and we will hire someone completely incompetent, because we have the worst AD in the SEC. Sanctions will probably follow. The good news is the ticket prices will get higher forcing out the riff raff. Me and my Pham might be the only people in the muck they call the Swamp. Woohoo!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Us "pumpers-not-dumpers" gotta hand it to you "wait-see-realists" = you so blandiose.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, his highlight tape blows treons out of the water. And if he is anything like Treon, you should be on cloud9. I was starting he was your child after seeing how much you were pumping him last year
Your so full of shyt. Find some posts of me pumping Treon. Saying Treon is 100 times better than Jeff Dip$hit isn't saying anything. So was Christian Provandcha.

I said all along I thought Greer was the guy and I said the year before that Greer should have play and he enrolled early to play.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those games we lost we were playing without a quarterback. Its hard to play 10 on 11 missing the most important position on offense
It's not the most important position, the center is. The next 4 most important positions are to his immediate left and right.

A mediocre Qb looks good behind a strong line, a good QB looks terrible behind a bad line. Ditto for the RBs. And receivers can look good when they get plenty of time to work on DBs, eventually even the bad one break free.

You guys act like Greer was a Heisman contender. He had one good quarter vs Tinerc and two good quarters vs. Ole Piss and looked like trash the rest of the time. Plenty of QBs look good for the first game or two until the DCs get film on them. Hell, Treon looked good the first couple of games, or maybe he just looked great compared to what we had. Now I agree that Greer was the only real QB on the roster and likely one of our most talented QBs ever. However, he still had plenty to prove.

The OL is the most important part of the team and if you added our five up last year you probably get 1.5 SEC linemen.

Mac did a great job getting any damn thing done behind that trash line. Yes, the end of the year sucked and I have serious concerns about our ongoing problems recruiting but what he did last year was amazing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.