Florida lands Clemson OT transfer

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome news! I hope he can be a major contributor to our NC run next year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not liking or disliking this. I'm simply asking, why is he transferring? Is this simply about being closer to home?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not liking or disliking this. I'm simply asking, why is he transferring? Is this simply about being closer to home?
No doubt he isn't feeling the love at Clemson, but if IIRC correctly he was one who grew up orange and blue yet was one of the many OL who Muschimp didn't even bother to contact. From what I saw of him, he held his own even against All ACC types at least until he hurt his arm.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt he isn't feeling the love at Clemson, but if IIRC correctly he was one who grew up orange and blue yet was one of the many OL who Muschimp didn't even bother to contact. From what I saw of him, he held his own even against All ACC types at least until he hurt his arm.

That's what I recall.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe leaving didn't hurt
The only connection to Sharpe leaving is that now Ivey moves out to LT, and Ivey may go pro after next season if he is successful there (which by all accounts he should be better than Sharpe), freeing up a tackle spot for Jake to move into in 2018.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
This is wonderful news. I know he is a year away from playing, but it still great to see talent coming back to our program.

I know quarterback is still a huge question and an extremely important need, but I feel that if we can have a functional running game, which truly falls on the shoulders of our line, I believe with the weapons we have outside we can finally have an offense worthy of wearing the orange and blue.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
From reading more on him, it looks like he had a serious personal issue last season. It was serious enough that his parents flew in and stayed a little while. According to the players, it wasn't drugs or anything like that. He is a high character guy. Whatever it was, hopefully he is better now. He is a RT. He could play LT in an emergency situation, but we don't want him there.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I of course like it, I did understand he has an injury issue that hopefully will be OK.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only connection to Sharpe leaving is that now Ivey moves out to LT, and Ivey may go pro after next season if he is successful there (which by all accounts he should be better than Sharpe), freeing up a tackle spot for Jawaan to move into in 2018.
FIFY.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is wonderful news. I know he is a year away from playing, but it still great to see talent coming back to our program.
He is basically a big ole 5 star JUCO who has actually played against power conference opponents. Perfect.

How often do you get a transfer with two years of eligibility left who has already played two years?

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Big pickup...we got to put about 30-40 pounds on him and some muscle but that shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully that shoulder heals up right and he can help us out in 18 #ChompChomp

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Ivey leaves early, we've got tackle with experience ready slide in there.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
52610608.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't Juwaan already starting at OT? Or are you saying he'll move to LT and mabye Jake (I'm not even gonna try his last name) goes to RT, which is where I believe he played at Clempson?

JT will be the starting LT once Ivey leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator