Florida schedules USF for three-game series in football

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida schedules USF for three-game series in football

https://247sports.com/college/flori...e-game-series-in-2022-2023-and-2025-118426270

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida fans have often griped about the lack of quality non-conference opponents on the schedule as a result of playing Florida State every year, but a new series has been scheduled that should please them.

The Gators announced Tuesday morning that they have scheduled a three-game series with USF, a program that has been on the rise in recent years and is now led by former Florida defensive coordinator Charlie Strong.

Florida will host USF in the 2022 and 2025 seasons in Gainesville, while traveling to Raymond James Stadium to take on the Bulls in 2023.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like when we play in state universities I think this is good for both parties.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I like when we play in state universities I think this is good for both parties.

Won't that 2023 game be our first non-conference road game since Syracuse 1992? Maybe we played at Miami once?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Won't that 2023 game be our first non-conference road game since Syracuse 1992? Maybe we played at Miami once?
Didn’t Driskel Driskel at Miami?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Played in Miami in 2013. We are still waiting on a true out of state non-conference road game since Syracuse.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sad we could never get a decent home and home series out of conference.

Michigan in Dallas count?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FSU every other year.
Why do idiots act like that doesnt count?

Media toolbags do it all they time. They get all hot and bothered by Bammer managing to play one or two game that matters OOC every decade yet act like Clowntown isnt OOC.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Media toolbafs do it all they time. They get all hot and bothered by Bammer managing to play one or two game that matters OOC every decade yet act like Clowntown isnt OOC.
Because men are still new on campus?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida AD Scott Stricklin issued the following comments on the series:

“This is a unique scheduling opportunity that allows us to get three games against a quality FBS opponent, with two at home and one in a great venue in Tampa. A lot of Gator fans will have the opportunity to attend that game and we are looking forward to being able to play a regular-season game in central Florida.”

Dan Mullen issued his own comments to the news:

“We are excited to have the opportunity to host South Florida twice in The Swamp and also play them in Raymond James Stadium. The Tampa/St. Petersburgh area is an important recruiting footprint for us and our players will love playing another game in an NFL stadium.”

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

Media toolbafs do it all they time. They get all hot and bothered by Bammer managing to play one or two game that matters OOC every decade yet act like Clowntown isnt OOC.

Just to slam UF?

It most certainly counts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is part of our buyout package for our next HC, Charley Strong.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'll be honest, I misread the OP as saying we scheduled UCF, and I figured we're in for three losses. May still drop one or two with Charlie in USF if we aren't headed in the right direction soon.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We gain absolutely nothing from this. We should be scheduling big neutral site pay days. Why is the eff would we wanna build usf up?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We gain absolutely nothing from this. We should be scheduling big neutral site pay days. Why is the eff would we wanna build usf up?

Correct.

USF and UCF are competitors whether we like it or not.

If we give them a home game, they make more than any other game on their schedule. Biggest paydays in scUM history are when we traveled down there to play them. To top it off, they gouged Gator fans on the tickets and gave us crappy seats. USF never ever sells out RayJay. It will sell out when we play there. It gives them legitimacy and lots of money.

If we're going to do a 2 for 1 with a midmajor directional school, how about one that isn't a competitor? Maybe an Eastern Carolina or someone like that?

Or better yet, stick to the neutral site games in Atlanta or New Orleans or Charlotte against a decent opponent.

I'm telling you guys, UCF is a sleeping giant. Maybe USF too. Let's not hasten their awakening.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator