Florida softball bows out quickly

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Barnhill doesn't have an offspeed pitch to keep hitters off balance. So once they get used to her speed and 3 level rise ball, the better hitters just time it up and blast it. Both Ocasio & Barnhill are All Americans, but sometimes you just run into teams that are better. We, also, had Delaney Gourley last year and Oklahoma beat up on all 3 of our pitchers. That first game of the championship series went 17 innings. The best softball game I've ever seen. The Gators kept clawing back over and over and finally just couldn't do it in the end. I will be surprised if it's not Oklahoma & UCLA for the title this year. As good as our pitching is, it's not as good as last year. And we don't hit the ball as well as we did last year either. Georgia is going to be a very tough matchup for us in Game 1. But at least we're there!!
UCLA is good again? OU is a monster.

I looked for game 3 of fsu lsu yesterday. Who won?

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
That might compete with "Doering's got a touchdown". One hell of a game! The last game at this stadium was a humdinger! Hard to top this!

I don't know who was doing the audio on a replay I've seen of this at bat but dude was just as hysterical as Mick. Reminded me of him for sure.

Amazing to think that the last swing of a bat in what will be the "old" Pressly stadium was a walk-off homer to send them to the WCWS.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Oklahoma is a great, experienced team, but the Big 12 has become a weak softball conference. Oklahoma cruised through their conference schedule going undefeated. The Pac 12 has better teams in the upper echelon thatn the SEC this year. Oregon, UCLA, Washington & Arizona St. were all Top 8 seeds. A freshman pitcher held the Sooners down, which shows an advantage pitchers have when they face teams who've not seen them before. That's why I hate UF & Barnhill facing Georgia in Game 1 tonight.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Interesting and unexpected coaching decision by Walton. Ocasio starting instead of Barnhill......

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I look forward to hearing Walton's reason. Maybe it was because of Barnhill's giving up so many HRs, 4 to UGA earlier in the year.

And, UGA hits a 2 run HR in the 1st off of Ocasio

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I look forward to hearing Walton's reason. Maybe it was because of Barnhill's giving up so many HRs, 4 to UGA earlier in the year.

And, UGA hits a 2 run HR in the 1st off of Ocasio
Brutal!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Some of these Ocasio pitches are seeing way to much of the plate. Work the corners....down and away.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bad start but I like the way it’s going now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.