Florida softball bows out quickly

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
The camera/producer performance by ESPN for this game SUCKS. They've missed all kind of live game action.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
The camera/producer performance by ESPN for this game SUCKS. They've missed all kind of live game action.
And that Beth Mowens is a real trip as the lead announcer. She believe it or not after a scoreless first inning said the score is 1 - 1. And she said many times calling left field right field and right field left field. smh. She's a very nice lady but an absolute mess to call games.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I've been looking for highlights of today's game against Georgia but can't find any. was there almost a fight? the only thing I saw was a clip on ESPN2 tonight where I think the gator shortstop was laying on top of the Georgia base runner.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Lots of hitting in the 2 games where conference foes played each other. Pitchers duels in games where the teams haven't met this year before today. Familiarity with pitchers leads to more hitting, Unfamiliarity gives pitchers the advantage. There was just a verbal exchange between our shortstop and their baserunner. She was trying to steal 2nd, Wheaton's throw drew our SS into the base path in front of the runner. The glove caught the baserunner in the face and our SS fell on top of her. The ump called obstruction and awarded her 2nd base under a new rule and the Georgia player said a couple of things, our coach complained about the call and it was over. The next batter hit a 2-run homer, but we followed up with 5 runs in the bottom of the inning. Go Gators!!!

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Lots of hitting in the 2 games where conference foes played each other. Pitchers duels in games where the teams haven't met this year before today. Familiarity with pitchers leads to more hitting, Unfamiliarity gives pitchers the advantage. There was just a verbal exchange between our shortstop and their baserunner. She was trying to steal 2nd, Wheaton's throw drew our SS into the base path in front of the runner. The glove caught the baserunner in the face and our SS fell on top of her. The ump called obstruction and awarded her 2nd base under a new rule and the Georgia player said a couple of things, our coach complained about the call and it was over. The next batter hit a 2-run homer, but we followed up with 5 runs in the bottom of the inning. Go Gators!!!
Lots of action. Thanks for the update.

I can't believe the amount of homeruns the Gators pitching staff gives up. I know most of this is playing teams from your conference but it is a concern going forward.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ocasio played vs the dawgs. Guess Walton didn't want any bvcthing from them about Barnhill illegal pitches. So now it sets up Barnhill to take on either the clowns or ucla

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
What a statement win to open up our quest for a championship at the wcws and having it happen against the dawgs is that much sweeter.
:chomp:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been looking for highlights of today's game against Georgia but can't find any. was there almost a fight? the only thing I saw was a clip on ESPN2 tonight where I think the gator shortstop was laying on top of the Georgia base runner.

Gator shortstop Reynoso slapped a hard tag on the Gerogia runner stealing 2nd, smacked her right in the face. It was a perfect throw by Wheaton but Reynoso got called for obstruction because of the stupid rule imposed this year.
I don't know what your supposed to do stand behind the base and wait for the runner to slide in safe or go get the ball and slap a tag on her.like you've been allowed to do in softball and baseball for the last 125 years.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
My thoughts on the Reynoso tag - she correctly prioritized on catching a bad throw that took her into the base path. It's not like she caught the ball and then aimed to tag the player in the face.

Here's the play as broadcast -

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator