***Florida vs George Washington NIT BBALL Thread***

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Well....there'll be at least one more scholaraship available:

"UF forward DeVon Walker to transfer"
Now it's time for coach to make a good decision on who to bring in. My guess it will be a grad transfer guard

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't a surprise or a bad thing. I'll take a transfer guard or if there is a freshman he can find and bring I would take that also. Actually would prefer to get somebody with size.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How great would it be to get a 6'11" to 7' plus who had the moves to average 16 points/game ?
... to go with Egbunu's 10/game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now it's time for coach to make a good decision on who to bring in. My guess it will be a grad transfer guard

I don't think the decision lies with White. More accurately it should be "Let's see who White can convince to come play for him next year." I love your optimism but I don't think White is in a place to decide anything when it comes to recruiting.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I don't think the decision lies with White. More accurately it should be "Let's see who White can convince to come play for him next year." I love your optimism but I don't think White is in a place to decide anything when it comes to recruiting.
Probably not, but if it's a grad transfer he should have plenty of options I would think.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
People saying we should have gotten in over a final four team lol. Pumpers gonna pump...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
From alligatorarmy

Mike White's first season had some positives, room for improvement: Some of the bright spots this season included freshman KeVaughn Allen, whose 418 points trailed only Bradley Beal, Nick Calathes, and Kenny Boynton for most points scored by a Florida freshman in the past 20 years. John Egbunu and Kasey Hill's late season improvement could also be built upon next year. Of course the Gators will also have to replace Dorian Finney-Smith and need to work on their shooting issues. (Kevin Brockway, Gainesville Sun; Alex Maminakis, Independent Florida Alligator)

In the comments below, there are references that we'll see several others decide to transfer.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From alligatorarmy

In the comments below, there are references that we'll see several others decide to transfer.
I'd be interested to find out who and could make guesses at Chorizo and BFR. I don't see any other players going anywhere (but Rimmer can leave, I wouldn't care).

Chorizo
Despite all of his negatives, we're going to need the little guy next year, at the very least just to play a few minutes every game to spell Hill and Allen for ball handling duties. As a true freshman, Hester's likely not going to be asked to handle the ball a ton (not his forte). If we actually pick up a JUCO/grad point guard for next season, then we might see him look to transfer.

BFR
This guy was a 4* recruit, had some academic issues coming in so he had to redshirt, beat out Humpty in opening practice 3-pt shooting contest this year, is 6'5", athletic and can handle the ball fairly well. I'm really hoping he stays and gets it figured out; but if he leaves, I'd understand. But it seems like he really wants to be a Gator (was always engaged on the sideline when not playing, which was a lot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator