Recruiting Florida's remaining freshmen to arrive on campus this week

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The rest of Florida's 2016 signing class is set to report to campus this week prior to the start of the Summer B session next Monday. The Gators will add 12 more prospects to campus this week, while junior college cornerback Joseph Putu is expected to arrive on Aug. 3 after he finishes up some coursework.

The Gators have a handful of players who could emerge as potential contributors from the remaining group, with running back Lamical Perine, wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland and defensive end Antonneous Clayton all among the favorites to avoid a redshirt among the remaining signees yet to arrive.

You can view the complete list of Florida signees expected to arrive this week below.

RB Lamical Perine
WR Tyrie Cleveland
WR Rick Wells
OL Brett Heggie
OL Jawaan Taylor
DE Antonneous Clayton
DL Jachai Polite
LB Jeremiah Moon
LB Vosean Joseph
CB Christopher McWilliams
S Jeawon Taylor
S Quincy Lenton

Which of the following players arriving this week do you think will have the biggest impact for Florida in 2016?

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Floridas-remaining-freshmen-to-arrive-on-campus-this-week-45892445

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Moon - I think we're going to need him (and possibly Joseph) sometime in the Fall as we're pretty thin (and very fragile) at LB.
Cleveland - Even if we get Calloway back, it will be nice to have some speed on the opposite side of the field.
Clayton - Though we've got some awesome DEs in Cece and Cox, Clayon living up to the hype could allow Cece to move inside at some point during the season if the need is there, similar to what Bullard did.
Polite - I've heard good things about him - again, if he's a gamer, this could free up Cece to move inside in some situations. He's built differently from Clayton - so Clayton looks like the 'buck' and Polite looks like a true DE, who could end up gaining more weight and moving inside in a year or two.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

I've heard nothing but good things about Heggie and Jawaan Taylor (along with Stone Forsythe). There aren't enough bodies on the OL in this class, but hopefully we got keepers with the few we managed to land.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

I've heard nothing but good things about Heggie and Jawaan Taylor (along with Stone Forsythe). There aren't enough bodies on the OL in this class, but hopefully we got keepers with the few we managed to land.

Read that Taylor's big weight loss involved major dedication to proper diet and weight training. I hope he can be a pleasant surprise at OG this year.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
As always, I am going to hope that the team is deep and experienced enough (and healthy and well-coached enough) that we don't need to have any of these freshmen make meaningful contributions on the field in 2016.

But I am darn happy to have them here, and look forward to watching them throughout their Gator careers.

The newcomer who should make the biggest impact is the kicker.

Ox, can you give us some bios and previews of the new 5-star posters you've recruited to join us in the fall ???

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FIRE OX!!!!!

clap clap clapclapclap

FIRE OX!!!!

clap clap clapclapclap

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Moon - I think we're going to need him (and possibly Joseph) sometime in the Fall as we're pretty thin (and very fragile) at LB.
Cleveland - Even if we get Calloway back, it will be nice to have some speed on the opposite side of the field.
Clayton - Though we've got some awesome DEs in Cece and Cox, Clayon living up to the hype could allow Cece to move inside at some point during the season if the need is there, similar to what Bullard did.
Polite - I've heard good things about him - again, if he's a gamer, this could free up Cece to move inside in some situations. He's built differently from Clayton - so Clayton looks like the 'buck' and Polite looks like a true DE, who could end up gaining more weight and moving inside in a year or two.

Quality post Bart. I would add Perine to your list as well. The three guys ahead of him all have potential to be good backs for us, but with a strong showing in fall camp
it's possible he can work his way into the rotation. Everything I've read about the kid shows a tremendous work ethic , and his tape is also impressive. We'll see how he handles learning the playbook and if he can pass protect. Usually something the young backs struggle with right out of high school.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Read that Taylor's big weight loss involved major dedication to proper diet and weight training. I hope he can be a pleasant surprise at OG this year.

With all due respect, MC. I hope this kid redshirts. If he plays OG this year....we're in trouble.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
This is what I am most excited about!!! When you have a kid that wants be a Gator like him, I think you will see some real work put in!
Lamical Perine.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Quality post Bart. I would add Perine to your list as well. The three guys ahead of him all have potential to be good backs for us, but with a strong showing in fall camp
it's possible he can work his way into the rotation. Everything I've read about the kid shows a tremendous work ethic , and his tape is also impressive. We'll see how he handles learning the playbook and if he can pass protect. Usually something the young backs struggle with right out of high school.
I hope LP's all that - but unless he really comes in and lights it up from Day 1, I think he's gonna have hard time cracking the top 3. I'd love to see him in the mix though.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
With all due respect, MC. I hope this kid redshirts. If he plays OG this year....we're in trouble.

I was thinking more for quality depth purposes. I'd like to see some guys ahead of him show significant development. We need a solid OL platoon.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I hope LP's all that - but unless he really comes in and lights it up from Day 1, I think he's gonna have hard time cracking the top 3. I'd love to see him in the mix though.
I think he gets a RS this year, and I am okay with that. I feel that he could be our next E. Rhett; someone that produces real well for us for multiple seasons. May not be E. Smith, but a quality NFL type back.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If he's ready play him imo. Most successful running teams use at least 3 backs these days and usually 1 or 2 guys are kinda hobbled with slight injuries during the course of the year, ankles, hammy's, pot suspensions and other minor stuff. If he can carry and knows the playbook get him in there....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, but will we be in more trouble than we were when multiple freshmen played last year?

Probably...because that will mean a true freshman has passed the 3 who started the bowl game plus Sharpe and the other upperclassman.....plus the other freshman who redshirted. It would mean a lot of injuries or terrible play. I hope he redshirts and gets a fair shot at learning the system and developing into a solid OL. Unlike those true freshman the last few years that have been thrown to the wolves.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it would be nice to stop the baptism by fire player development program at Florida... assembly line depth, where has though gone :eek3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.