Florida's starting lineup

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41030 said:
Crazy move by him isn't it. About like going away from Taylor after he was producing against Missouri. Got to have slightly better blocking in there you know.

No, crazy nonsensical comments from you.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n41032 said:
So even if the weather and field position have nothing to do with the lineup on a non-play, when did you visit practice this year to be able to evaluate that Taylor would be the better back from Jones? Also, how do you know that Roper did not make the personal call?

:exactly:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n41032 said:
So even if the weather and field position have nothing to do with the lineup on a non-play, when did you visit practice this year to be able to evaluate that Taylor would be the better back from Jones? Also, how do you know that Roper did not make the personal call?

I have watched them where it matters - the games - and it isn't even close between them - Jones has shown no ability to run decent in tight traffic without a clear open path. Muschamp answered that question about that with no hesitation - he is the head coach after all.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41037 said:
I have watched them where it matters - the games - and it isn't even close between them - Jones has shown no ability to run decent in tight traffic without a clear open path. Muschamp answered that question about that with no hesitation - he is the head coach after all.

So you saw Taylor fully healthy and Jones not, that means you saw everything that matters? Also, you still didn't answer about how you know Muschamp called for that personnel and Roper didn't.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41037 said:

You ever think he could possibly be supporting the coaches under him, without hesitation? Couldn't be right?

Also, you just admitted that you know nothing about the players THIS YEAR. You look foolish man, you can't even understand the simple fact that different packages and plays call for different personnel. You just want to hate Muschamp....say it...say it out loud.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm with you fever,Champ decided to start Jones a week ago.Let's just hope he's a better player than a yeat ago.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guys it's a done deal. We should know by now that whoever starts the first game of the year will clearly get most of the playing time. Just look at Jacoby Brissett in 2012.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n41070 said:
Guys it's a done deal. We should know by now that whoever starts the first game of the year will clearly get most of the playing time. Just look at Jacoby Brissett in 2012.

:eek:hnoes2:

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Forget about the RBs and TEs, did you see how Driskel took the field for that none play?! He looks like he may win the Heisman!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;n41053 said:
I'm with you fever,Champ decided to start Jones a week ago.Let's just hope he's a better player than a yeat ago.

Jones is what he is - If he doesn't have a decent hole or a clear path to kick it outside he is very limited as a runner. Muschamp is probably in love with him and Burton because they block a little better than Taylor and McGee.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n41106 said:
Muschamp is probably in love with him and Burton because they block a little better than Taylor and McGee.
If that's the logic then we must have been about to (gasp) pass the ball.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n41108 said:
If that's the logic then we must have been about to (gasp) pass the ball.

Stop bringing optimism to the game. We can't have that around here. :headshake:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Where is all this hate for Matt Jones coming from?

Did you guys miss Matt Jones' game against FSU in 2012? 8 carries for 81 yards and a TD. Going into that game, FSU's D was very highly ranked (top 3 in the nation I think). He runs a little too straight up and down for me, but that didn't hurt Alabama's Eddie Lacey or Derrick Henry (that's why I didn't draft Lacey in my fantasy league last year, figured him for a bust because of that style, he's proved me wrong so far).

Look, I like Kelvin Taylor a lot and I get that he was the lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal 2013 but it's not like we started a relative stiff like Mack Brown. Matt Jones looked like a deer in the headlights early in 2012 but by the end of the season he showed that he can play.

Don't let your love for Kelvin Taylor or your hate for Will Muschamp metastasize into irrational disdain for a young student athlete busting his ass to help our team succeed. The kid deserves your respect. He has earned it. Some of you are talking about him like he's a Cane or a Dawg. He's a Gator dammit.

I remember a Gator backfield including Neal Anderson, Lorenzo Hampton, and John L. WIlliams. I'm sure if there was a GCMB back then somebody would be screaming that John L. Williams' first step was too slow and Hampton should have gotten all the carries and the coaches are idiots.

Can we please support Kelvin Taylor AND Matt Jones? Can we wait to see how they perform on the field behind THIS offensive line and in THIS offensive system before destroying them on their own team's message board? Look, if Jones plays like a stiff, then by all means you can vent your frustrations (like we did with Emmanuel Moody, like we did with John Brantley, like we did with Mack Brown). But for the love of all that is Orange & Blue, at least wait until he's had a chance to prove himself on the field.

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...ors-running-backs-want-make-history/14830133/

GAINESVILLE – They are brothers on a mission.
One has the battle scars of two surgeries, feeling the pain of shattered expectations.
The other walks along the sidewalk in front of the Florida Gators football stadium and sees his father's name on the concrete among the other former first-team All-Americans that have played on the grass inside and has his own pressures to excel.
Matt Jones and Kelvin Taylor have averaged just a little under five yards every time they've run with the football in their brief college careers. They are, along with senior Mack Brown, the heart and soul of the Florida running game. Jones and Taylor have been the focus of new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper's offense, which will be on display for the first time with the Gators at 7 p.m. against Idaho.
There's so much hope, so much expectation and dreams of greatness for his two star backs. In a normal situation, it could cause a lot of tension. Everybody wants to start.
Jones and Taylor want the ball. A lot. They are battling for it. But rather than consider themselves rivals they call each other a brother fighting for a common cause. And the two have set a goal for 2014. They want to get 1,000 yards rushing. Each.

Alex.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't hate Jones but go watch the film of the FSU game. He got most of those yards once the Jumbo Package had beat FSU into submission - same with another earlier game when he came in late. Mack Brown is probably better in a tight fit than Jones is.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator said:
Where is all this hate for Matt Jones coming from?

Did you guys miss Matt Jones' game against FSU in 2012? 8 carries for 81 yards and a TD. Going into that game, FSU's D was very highly ranked (top 3 in the nation I think). He runs a little too straight up and down for me, but that didn't hurt Alabama's Eddie Lacey or Derrick Henry (that's why I didn't draft Lacey in my fantasy league last year, figured him for a bust because of that style, he's proved me wrong so far).

Look, I like Kelvin Taylor a lot and I get that he was the lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal 2013 but it's not like we started a relative stiff like Mack Brown. Matt Jones looked like a deer in the headlights early in 2012 but by the end of the season he showed that he can play.

Don't let your love for Kelvin Taylor or your hate for Will Muschamp metastasize into irrational disdain for a young student athlete busting his ass to help our team succeed. The kid deserves your respect. He has earned it. Some of you are talking about him like he's a Cane or a Dawg. He's a Gator dammit.

I remember a Gator backfield including Neal Anderson, Lorenzo Hampton, and John L. WIlliams. I'm sure if there was a GCMB back then somebody would be screaming that John L. Williams' first step was too slow and Hampton should have gotten all the carries and the coaches are idiots.

Can we please support Kelvin Taylor AND Matt Jones? Can we wait to see how they perform on the field behind THIS offensive line and in THIS offensive system before destroying them on their own team's message board? Look, if Jones plays like a stiff, then by all means you can vent your frustrations (like we did with Emmanuel Moody, like we did with John Brantley, like we did with Mack Brown). But for the love of all that is Orange & Blue, at least wait until he's had a chance to prove himself on the field.

http://www.news-press.com/story/spo...ors-running-backs-want-make-history/14830133/

GAINESVILLE – They are brothers on a mission.
One has the battle scars of two surgeries, feeling the pain of shattered expectations.
The other walks along the sidewalk in front of the Florida Gators football stadium and sees his father's name on the concrete among the other former first-team All-Americans that have played on the grass inside and has his own pressures to excel.
Matt Jones and Kelvin Taylor have averaged just a little under five yards every time they've run with the football in their brief college careers. They are, along with senior Mack Brown, the heart and soul of the Florida running game. Jones and Taylor have been the focus of new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper's offense, which will be on display for the first time with the Gators at 7 p.m. against Idaho.
There's so much hope, so much expectation and dreams of greatness for his two star backs. In a normal situation, it could cause a lot of tension. Everybody wants to start.
Jones and Taylor want the ball. A lot. They are battling for it. But rather than consider themselves rivals they call each other a brother fighting for a common cause. And the two have set a goal for 2014. They want to get 1,000 yards rushing. Each.

Alex.
I'd dance a happy jig if they both ended up with 1000 yards by season's end.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Muschamp will evaluate talent week to week. See how players grade out each week. How well they practice, contribute, know the play book, personal hygiene etc. Then based on game day conditions, humidity, windage, tides he will play those players and put in those packages that give us the best chance to run between the tackles 3 times in a row.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator Fever;n41118 said:
I don't hate Jones but go watch the film of the FSU game. He got most of those yards once the Jumbo Package had beat FSU into submission - same with another earlier game when he came in late. Mack Brown is probably better in a tight fit than Jones is.
:tard:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.