Flynn probed for alleged plot to kidnap Turkish cleric for $15M

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Taco Gratis, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Taco Gratis

Taco Gratis Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $2
    Ratings:
    +1,555 / -21
    Actually, that's precisely how it works. Just ask Ken Starr.

2. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Stop steaming up my tail!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,557
    Ratings:
    +24,504 / -504
    That alone should disqualify him. The force of radical Islam is Erdogan, and his minions throughout the Islamic world, including CAIR.

The Turkish military people who rebelled against Erdogan were anti-Islamist.

There should have never been a doubt that the Obama Regime would be working against them.

There is a strange and frankly scary mindset that has permeated the military upper brass in the last few years. I doubt we've had this kind of antisemite mentality since the 30s, and we've never had such a proislamist mindset.

#22 Swamp Donkey, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,557
    Ratings:
    +24,504 / -504
    Really, why would anyone doubt it?

Everyone knew we pulled the rug out from the those who rebelled against Erdogan. Would anyone have been surprised if we had in fact just handed over this anti-Erdogan cleric?

4. GMDGator

GMDGator Slick Willie
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $71
    Ratings:
    +1,458 / -90
    that was a quote from Flynn's op ed

5. GMDGator

GMDGator Slick Willie
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $71
    Ratings:
    +1,458 / -90
    I don't doubt it... I believer Flynn and Flynn Jr were very capable and willing to do something like this for 15mil

6. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,557
    Ratings:
    +24,504 / -504
    I will tell you this, there is little doubt in my mind that those Turkish officers thought they'd get our support. Not military support mind you but diplomatic support. They never would have pulled that without some belief that we'd at least tacitly support them. Remember Turkey was doing everything possible to thwart us in attacking AQ in Syria at that point and attacking our Kurdish allies.

What a fvkking mess that is.

7. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $97
    Ratings:
    +4,383 / -87
    Hopefully if there are any witnesses in this case they don't end up like Vince Foster or any one else who"disappeared" when he was council.....

8. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $105
    Ratings:
    +3,880 / -70
    Actually, that is not at all how it worked for Ken Starr. In his investigation, every change in scope had to be approved by a panel of Federal judges and those judges were looking at probable cause that a crime had been committed.

Mueller, on the other hand, is under no such requirement, apparently not even being required to seek approval at the Justice Department. He, along with the Clintonian attorneys that he has hired, are apparently able to fish around as much as they want regardless of whether there is probable cause that any crime was committed.

9. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $101
    Ratings:
    +6,733 / -10
    It was a set up.

Either Erdogan orchestrated the whole thing to root out opposition and consolidate his power, or he got wind of it well in advance and took advantage of the situation.

If it is the latter, I would not be surprised if we are the ones who tipped him off. Saddened, but not surprised.

Minutes after the “coup” started and my Turkish friends in the US were celebrating wildly on social media, I was warning them that it stunk.

Alex.

10. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $169
    Ratings:
    +2,973 / -42
    This was my position. the coup was a joke.