soflagator;n123629 said:
Par for the course.

2.jpg

Well you called it. :lol:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
CSU's qb... People, STOP believing all these STUPID reports that we've been called into a team meeting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Getting dicey. Colorado State has not been informed of any decision. And the most recent information regarding his buyout:

@osgators: Source says "CSU has not budged an inch on the buyout," and officials there not sure where Jim McElwain will end up: http://t.co/w8zizbnnfk

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All of a sudden I'm starting to wonder if we actually have this guy. Its really odd the way this is playing out. This may not be Foley. It may be Machen/Fuchs[sp] saying no to the 7.5 million buyout leaving McElwain wide open for Nebraska or even Michigan. Hope it goes our way.....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n123667 said:
Getting dicey. Colorado State has not been informed of any decision. And the most recent information regarding his buyout:

@osgators: Source says "CSU has not budged an inch on the buyout," and officials there not sure where Jim McElwain will end up: http://t.co/w8zizbnnfk

If this falls through, his agent has failed him immensely. I've read that the original contract was designed to be a long term deal to ensure he had stability and time to right the ship. But there has to be some kind of exit clause in place. I mean, the whole job of an agent is to ensure that their client gets a fair deal, and has the chance to maximize his pay. I can't imagine how he'd let a smaller school lock his client in to that degree. Some buyout coverage is to be expected. But to agree to something that high--especially considering most if not all big job schools would also be dealing with buying out the guy they just fired as well--is crazy. We'd effectively be paying 14 million for a coaching change. I'm sure UM and Neb are in similar spots. It would almost require him to stay at least another 3-4 years, which could very well diminish his appeal, or at least give other up and coming coaches a chance to potentially steal the spotlight. All of these things reduce his potential value, the exact opposite of what an agent is paid to do.

TexasGator

Oct 20, 2014
I hope Foley and Tealer have made the argument to CSU that the liquidated damages clause in McElwain's contract is an unenforceable penalty--$7.5 million is outrageous and by the accounts of the negotiations when the clause was inserted the amount was designed to force McElwain to stay at CSU and was not based on an estimate of CSU's damages if he were to leave. Unlikely to be litigated, but it should make CSU more likely to negotiate.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n123614 said:
Look at his win/loss record.. who does it look like..... I already listed it off twice, won't do it again.

Context? Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.