Foley Interview

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n240570 said:
Cover2, good take, my sentiments for the most part. My disdain for Will after seeing how he handled the pressure and delegation of the job is probably higher than yours but like you said, it's done. I just want to see the team play happy/inspired/disciplined moxie. I like our new chess player. He strikes me as wanting his place on the mantle. Hopefully, that will be the basis for the new team swagger.
Let's Go Gators!!
Thanks Stud. I fell out of love year four. I would certainly agree that he didn't handle the pressures of the job with expected aplomb. Might be a hint not just to us but other schools when considering a good coordinator with no HC experience to run the program. Much more to it than just Xs and Os. Like you, I want to see us play excited, inspired, disciplined and tough and I think that is not an unrealistic expectation based on my initial impression of Mac and what I think his expectations are.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
cover2;n240563 said:
Lastly, I would say that along with the whole facilities issue (which seems to be headed on the right track, but is some years behind by some), returning to the days of sell outs at BHG presents a great challenge. Certainly a return to winning and consistently competing for conference and NC's will take care of part of it, but perhaps more importantly solving the problem of not only getting the students in the stands to do something other than text or take photos looms large. If Foley finds a way to fix this along with a return to winning, he will deserve the appropriate kudos. Personally I think this problem (attendance) is something many schools are dealing with and the fact that ticket costs as well as traveling expenses and accommodations nowadays make the problem even more difficult to solve.
Unfortunately it's the way the world is heading for the most part. It is easier/cheaper for people to watch the games on tv from the comforts of their home or bar. The SEC Network is a double edged sword to a degree. It makes it easier for people to enjoy their teams from home, but it also provides the universities with some money to help. I am not sure if the numbers totally offset the lack of fans in our case. For schools like Bama that are killing it on the field and in the stands, it gives them more money to put back into their program. In short, winning cures all. I will also add that the early season games getting moved to later in the day helps with the students. The showing, staying and energy they had during the rainout last year was awesome and hopefully a sign of what can still be had with better results on the field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n240581 said:
Unfortunately it's the way the world is heading for the most part. It is easier/cheaper for people to watch the games on tv from the comforts of their home or bar.
This is total BS. TV has been around for decades. Every Gator game has been televised since the 90s.

There are only two reasons why the Swamp looked like Miami last year. The product on the field was a steaming pile of crap, and these two guys are responsible.

6a00d83451b26169e2019b0113e2e7970c-pi

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n240600 said:
This is total BS. TV has been around for decades. Every Gator game has been televised since the 90s.

There are only two reasons why the Swamp looked like Miami last year. The product on the field was a steaming pile of crap, and these two guys are responsible.

6a00d83451b26169e2019b0113e2e7970c-pi

Attendance is down nation wide, but let's not let facts get in the way of your never ending hissy fit. :bananaburn:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen Cover2's like to post ratio? :faint:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n240610 said:
This is BS.

It won't stop him from repeating it 500 times in every thread until his half dozen minions start saying it, as well. Law gonna Law.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n240620 said:
It won't stop him from repeating it 500 times in every thread until his half dozen minions start saying it, as well. Law gonna Law.
You're one of his minions

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
oxrageous;n240618 said:

Plan 1 - go back and like every single one of my comments, and start post whoring the hell of the post-pad threads in the lounge (liking every one of those as well)
Plan 2 - offer to pay Ox to edit my account "likes" setting
Plan 3 - admit I'll never be as "liked" as Cover2....but it is reality if I admit it or not

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n240618 said:

First thing I noticed when I saw that he made a post. By far the best of this, or any Gator football, forum.

The best thing you can do for this site is to add him to the payroll just to post. I think people pop in just to see if he has posted.

Also, he is probably the most respected of all.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
playzwtrux;n240696 said:
I think people pop in just to see if he has posted.

Also, he is probably the most respected of all.

Seconded.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MJMGator;n240611 said:
Attendance is down nation wide, but let's not let facts get in the way of your never ending hissy fit. :bananaburn:

Meaningless fact is meaningless out of context. Florida is not Akron. Florida is the largest University in the 3rd largest (and growing) state in the nation. Florida has tradition. Florida has championships. Attendance is down is because the product on the field was noncompetitive, unwatchable and humiliating to fans.

There was nothing difficult about the decision to make a coaching change other than Foley made the decision 2 years too late. It was a stupid comment for Foley to make. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator