Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n33151 said:
It will all be clear in 30 days.
No it won't. The pumpers will still be claiming 6-6, 8-5, whatever is "good enough" and that he needs another year because this was his first year with a new offense or he has a bad QB, whatever. It's an Excusathon with these people.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n33237 said:
No it won't. The pumpers will still be claiming 6-6, 8-5, whatever is "good enough" and that he needs another year because this was his first year with a new offense or he has a bad QB, whatever. It's an Excusathon with these people.

Not true for this Pumper. I need 9 wins and a beatdown of the Buttsniffers. While 9 wins (plus a bowl win for 10) is not where I expect us to be as a matter of course, I would accept this as a positive step from last year.

Please put out a Gatorchatter press release. I am quite certain Foley and CWM will be relieved to see this clearly and conclusively stated....... :rolleyes:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Hogwash is a fine Southern colloquialism and NOTHING like gargantuan. :facepalm:
Yep. Plus, California Mountain Snake is still alive, though she'd be at a distinct samurai sword fight disadvantage without any eyes.... :)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The democracy is alive and well as evidenced by this thread. I wouldn't worry much about the criticism; it's part of the process. I'm pretty sure even the most ardent of critics deep down inside only wish to see us succeed. I know I feel that way. It's a frustration thing. Ours is a great university with an equally great football tradition. We've been off track too long. Maybe we hop back on this year, maybe not. No telling. I'm ready for the games to begin.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n33245]The democracy is alive and well as evidenced by this thread. I wouldn't worry much about the criticism; it's part of the process. I'm pretty sure even the most ardent of critics deep down inside only wish to see us succeed. I know I feel that way. It's a frustration thing. Ours is a great university with an equally great football tradition. We've been off track too long. Maybe we hop back on this year, maybe not. No telling. I'm ready for the games to begin. [/QUOTE]

The instrument has yet to be invented that can measure my indifference to that remark.....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:
[QUOTE='78;n33245]The democracy is alive and well as evidenced by this thread. I wouldn't worry much about the criticism; it's part of the process. I'm pretty sure even the most ardent of critics deep down inside only wish to see us succeed. I know I feel that way. It's a frustration thing. Ours is a great university with an equally great football tradition. We've been off track too long. Maybe we hop back on this year, maybe not. No telling. I'm ready for the games to begin.

The instrument has yet to be invented that can measure my indifference to that remark.....
[/quote]You bothered to post. That tells me you really don't feel that way. We do have to play ourselves out of this, right?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator said:
T REX;n32833 said:
What's the point of this? He knows there's rumblings. He knows the score. Why make these outlandish support statements? Foley is backing himself into a corner. He might have to retire if this turns ugly. Weird.

Indeed, what is the point of this? He does know the rumblings, he does know the score.

He also knows how to do his job. ...better than you or anyone else you'll hear from on this board, in the media, or elsewhere.
He also knows the real situation with powerful boosters. ...better than you or anyone else we'll hear from.
He also knows about alternative head coaches availability and interest. ..better than you or anyone else we'll hear from.
He also knows how to handle public relations and the media. ..better than you or anyone else on this board.
The success of our football program is also more important to him (in real-world dollars among other ways) than to you or anyone else on this board.

So why make outlandish statements about our AD (probably THE best in the business) and try to act like you actually know something. Cool your jets and wait a freakin' week (at least!) and see some on-field results. You people who pretend to know more than our AD while you ignore the real-world context are unbelievable.

C'mon Idaho.

:stars:
I see you drank the coo laid when it comes to Fooley.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
This does not surprise me. Many of you will recall that Foley gave Muschamp a contract extension early last April. He obviously sees something in the guy that the rest of us don't.
That's what's really, really scary.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Loogis said:
At least give Foley a little credit on the Zook hire. Wasn't he like his 4th or 5th choice? Coupled to the fact he was following Spurrier (which no other coach wanted to even get near apparently), I say Zook was not the colossal failure a lot want to make him out as.
Zook was a horrible hire. An unforgivable hire.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath said:
oxrageous;n32975 said:
This is just complete and total hogwash.

Hogwash?? Hogwash you. :)

You underestimate the human capacity for negativity - especially a sports team fanbase; more especially a college football fanbase and most especially an SEC college football fanbase. Do recall there was some (probably very small) component of SOS's departure attributable to unreasonable fans.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and will be man enough to admit it if I am.

Great word - "hogwash" - by the way. Kind of like "gargantuan". Gonna work it in for the remainder of the day......
What I remember most about SOS leaving was the he received no backup from Fooley and the UF administration of his criticism of the Earnest Graham / Darnel Docket incident. They went right along with FSU which was calling SOS a crybaby.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[quote name=''78' timestamp='1408709894']
T REX;n32833 said:
What's the point of this? He knows there's rumblings. He knows the score. Why make these outlandish support statements? Foley is backing himself into a corner. He might have to retire if this turns ugly. Weird.

Because Foley has more vested in this one hire than all the other ones combined. Because he's convinced last year was an injury-riddled aberration. Because he's already decided, with a halfway decent season, Muschamp will be deserving of two to three additional ones to prove him right all along. Whoever said this was two guys standing on the deck of the Titanic was right. The only thing more dangerous than a bad football coach is an AD on his way to a scheduled retirement.[/quote]Oh the drama!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
What will you guys do if Muschamp has a real successful season this year?
Praise the Lord.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Last month I asked Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley if he had any concrete criteria that would convince him to keep or fire Muschamp. I published his answer in the feature I wrote on the Gators’ bounce-back efforts in the college football preview edition of the magazine. Here’s part of it: “I’ve never, ever, ever, ever, ev-er -- in my 23 years as athletic director -- told a coach he had to win X number of games or you have to beat this team or you have to go to this bowl,” Foley said. “We need to be better. We need to be in the hunt. We’ll be able to tell at the end of the fall.”

We need to be in the hunt for...? That would mean at least 9 wins for the East?

Sorry if this MOM.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[quote name=''78' timestamp='1408709894']
T REX;n32833 said:

Because Foley has more vested in this one hire than all the other ones combined. Because he's convinced last year was an injury-riddled aberration. Because he's already decided, with a halfway decent season, Muschamp will be deserving of two to three additional ones to prove him right all along. Whoever said this was two guys standing on the deck of the Titanic was right. The only thing more dangerous than a bad football coach is an AD on his way to a scheduled retirement.[/quote]Spot on.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well if Foley said we have to be in the Hunt...sure the SECe run. But that doesn't necessarily mean to win it either.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, didn't read all seven pages of this thread, but the first thing that comes to my mind is the fact that anything can change. Also, a long, long, time can simply mean a couple of months. I mean 7 pages from that statement LOL "Get a grip"-Coach Will Muschamp

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This story makes for a good story and not much else. Move along...nothing here!

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n34163 said:
If we win 8 games or less, I fully expect foley to fire him.

No. If we win only 6 - perhaps. 8 will be a 100% improvement to Foley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator