Foley: Muschamp will be coach at UF "long, long, time"

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Hogwash is a fine Southern colloquialism and NOTHING like gargantuan. :facepalm:
Ding ding ding ding!!! And, we have a winner!!!

I've heard that a 3rd one is in the works, though how that can work with most of the Deadly Viper Assassin Squad dead is anyone's guess....

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch said:
dubster1;n33102 said:
a couple of realistic goals for the chump! defend the swamp,, beat uga and their new starting qb,, beat lsu at home with their new starting qb,,continue the streak against tenn. stay in the same zip code with bama and fsu,,beat sc,, at home with their new starting qb,, thats not to hard now is it?

Has every single one of your posts been a tirade bitching about Muschamp? Get a new subject for Christ's sake.
this is the subject

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Concrete Helmet said:
oxrageous;n32999 said:
I wasn't even sold on Meyer until we crushed OSU for the NC
That's it in a nutshell OX....This fan base won't truly be sold on ANY coach until they win a NC. Do you really believe SOS would be so revered by the Gatornation if he only won SEC titles ?, don't kid yourself. Urban Meyer was not an idiot he knew how bad the team was going to be for the next 2 or 3 years and hauled a$$. It's my belief that SOS did also when he left plus he felt the fan base getting ansy for "their" next title.
Not for long, Fever. Then it would be "why can't he have a winning record against FSU, then it would be "why can't we win the SEC, then......and so on.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Hogwash is a fine Southern colloquialism and NOTHING like gargantuan. :facepalm:
Remember in Vol1, Vernita Green's daughter Nikki? If she is still "raw about it"? The Bride will be waiting.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
It's not just about the win/loss record with Muschump, but also the quality of play (ie offensive struggles). Fans will not be happy with a 9-3 record if we suck on offense again (meaning ranked below 100 for yards/scoring).

Anyways, SEC Alumni Bash is happening in Charlotte in a half hour. Food, drinks, games, music, etc. for all the schools. Should be fun, even if it is 91 degrees.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n33171 said:
It's not just about the win/loss record with Muschump, but also the quality of play (ie offensive struggles). Fans will not be happy with a 9-3 record if we suck on offense again (meaning ranked below 100 for yards/scoring).

Anyways, SEC Alumni Bash is happening in Charlotte in a half hour. Food, drinks, games, music, etc. for all the schools. Should be fun, even if it is 91 degrees.

91 would be nice.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
This thread is about what Foley said and our interpretation of what he might be thinking. We just don't know his parameters for our W-L record. We can assume a losing season will force his hand but anything better than that, even 7-6, is an absolute mystery. We need to keep in mind that Foley probably has an outsized ego and that firing Muschamp would mean admitting to two bad decisions. That is perhaps what is giving WM the longest possible leash for a multiple-NC program. Or, there are pictures hidden somewhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
t-gator;n33101 said:
Idk about 5years. I would bet this off season has been tougher than expected.
He got a giant extension for going 3-5/6-6 in 2011.
I'm sure I'm on his Chistmas card list.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
a couple of realistic goals for the chump! defend the swamp,, beat uga and their new starting qb,, beat lsu at home with their new starting qb,,continue the streak against tenn. stay in the same zip code with bama and fsu,,beat sc,, at home with their new starting qb,, thats not to hard now is it?
It's the minimum that should be EXPECTED. We are a top 5 program and 2 losses is a down year. 3-5 losses consistently should result in a coach or coach and AD getting fired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n33201 said:
Photos or ego are the only things that makes sense.

I agree that him flopping again on the only thing that matters at UF is a big deal. He doesn't want to be remembered that both of his hires were disasters.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Lame duck Bernie Machen made the decision to retain Muschamp for purely financial reasons and told Foley to make it work. Plainly obvious in the Finebaum interview.
Yeah! I'm going with this theory in the krazynado that's blowing through Gator Nation!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan said:
The bottom line is that Muschamp was high on the totem pole when Foley hired him. Consensus around the FBS world was that he was a great hire. Although there were issues in 2012, it appeared that he had cleaned up much of the mess Urban left behind and had the program headed North despite lack of depth. In addition, he appears to have great character and the player off field problems have subsided. Then the wheels fell off in 2013 for many reasons, among which were injuries. I can understand why Foley wants to give CWM another year. We'll know by the end of October if Muschamp was a good hire. I have complete faith that Foley will move on this team isn't very good.
:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.