Foley's Legacy

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not interested I like Florida, now you laugh but that is basically nothing. He is a fan, he has a position as AD emitirus, of course he goes to all the games I would too. That does not mean he is a puppet master.

I got some great lake front property in Tennessee you might enjoy.

And I don't have much of a sense of humor either.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Foley did wonders for NR sports while burning down the football program. He's not the best AD ever. He's still meddling now. Great ADs don't kill their cash cow and then linger as it turns to ashes.

Says who?

Troll

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Foley did some outstanding things. No doubt. He fell asleep at the wheel though and let football slide into oblivion. He pulled a Bowden and stayed on way too long. The fact that he's still around says it all. Yes, he did well with athletic program as a whole. But at the cost of letting the football program fall into disrepair.

Yes the football program is not where we would want it to be. I don't see what else Foley could have done differently. Perhaps if a coach had recognized his issue and addressed it he would be a Gator rather than at OSU. That would have made a difference, but with Bama and Saban perhaps not as much of a difference as you might think.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
said Foley. “we’re not getting into an arms race.”

Quite true an arms race is costly, and really has not been proven to be the answer. It was and is the correct position. As indicated we will improve facilities, and pay for them by mostly raising the funds. Debt will not be going up significantly above 100M. Why because when you borrow you must pay interest and eventually some of it back, surely say some bankrupt states or Puerto Rico are examples not to be followed.

The AD is the CEO he has fiduciary duties as well as duties to live up to our program's motto.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Quite true an arms race is costly, and really has not been proven to be the answer. It was and is the correct position. As indicated we will improve facilities, and pay for them by mostly raising the funds. Debt will not be going up significantly above 100M. Why because when you borrow you must pay interest and eventually some of it back, surely say some bankrupt states or Puerto Rico are examples not to be followed.

The AD is the CEO he has fiduciary duties as well as duties to live up to our program's motto.

Puerto Rico? Huh? LOL. I'm sorry I wasted these extra posts.

You're going to compare our athletic dept to a failed commonwealth? Let me know when we have $50 billion in unfunded pensions. This is my last post on the matter. See ya!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As indicated we will improve facilities, and pay for them by mostly raising the funds. .
There wont be any raising funds. You think people want to pay for this shyt?

Besides, UF is STILL one of the programs with the most income, and still gets that big paycheck from ESPN....

And yet Fvkktard Fooley and Company still cry penniless.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Though, it is good to see all his experience dealing with fiduciary matters in the ticket office hasn't gone to waste.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Puerto Rico? Huh? LOL. I'm sorry I wasted these extra posts.

You're going to compare our athletic dept to a failed commonwealth? Let me know when we have $50 billion in unfunded pensions. This is my last post on the matter. See ya!

Yes the principal is exactly the same, you spend money by borrowing that you can't pay back without issues. It is well understood that several college athletic departments are going to be in trouble and they use government money. And who knows how much the AD has in pensions?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Though, it is good to see all his experience dealing with fiduciary matters in the ticket office hasn't gone to waste.

More likely from his masters in sports administration. Selling tickets teaches you almost nothing about being frugal, and fiduciary duty.

One can agree that he delayed improvements, but if his coach did not indicate a need how would he know? Just throwing money at issues is something I don't support.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One can agree that he made almost no improvements over 25 years
FIFY
but if his coach did not indicate a need how would he know?
:rollingeyes:. It isnt the COACHES' jobs to run facilities. It is the fvkking AD's job, or one of his flunkies at least. Do you REALLY think the coaches havent been begging for improvements? Lon Kruger said it directly. Then left. Billy was promised a new Odome without the tent on top in 1998. Urban mentioned specifically that we werent keepng up with Trailerbammer and decried "the state of college football" amd the arms race. Then he went to a place THAT WOULD allow him to compete.

Whatever, Vulcan. Youre actually worse than Fooley. Im sure if you were in charge we woyld play in front of aluminum bleachers.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you actually provide any content around here?

Thank you for your insightful post.

I don't claim to be a good or even average poster but I try to say what's on my mind without being a slave to preconceived and poorly organized positions.

Lucky for me OX doesn't demand quality post from the members, If he did, we might have about 5 original post a day and those would be from people who take time to read and think in a rational manner, unlike you and I.

There seems to be a large gap between how smart people think they are and reality. Lucky for me, I know I'm not smart or well informed, others haven't made the connection yet.

Happy 4th!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.