Fooley's Statement for the Mob

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Possible. They lost their first game Saturday and are 6-1. Better than GSU last year. That is the only win we may get. No bowl, no revenue. If Foley were to fire him after UGA slaughters us, then he is stupider than we think. Bye week, rival game upcoming, perfect time to get rid of the Dunce.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n85653 said:
Originally posted by Gator98MD View Post
can you imagine if we lost to EKU?

With WM at the helm, yes.

Yep with that Dork, sure. He would not make it to the tunnel some crazy fan would get a grip on him and split him in the midline.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator charm;n85658 said:
If Mushdawg were the band director, we would be trying to march sideways with no instruments and Foley would think everything is lovely......In my humble opinion this is lowest point of Gator football since they lost to Rollins College 100 years ago.

Do you even know what "drumline" is?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Someone queue the 2-bit Carny hypnotist from the Natural...losing is a disease...as contagious as polio...

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Maybe I am too old and have seen too much in my life, but I have to believe that Foley is working under something legally mandated, perhaps tied to the finances of Muschamp's extension, maybe even something that was renegotiated as a result of the debacle that was last season. There is no way he is not hearing from the big Bulls, the student body, us run of the mill alums, fans from all corners of the earth and the sports media everywhere that Muschamp is a walking disaster. His lip service in support of WM is just that and a necessity of the job.
This is not Foley's first rodeo when it comes to firing bad coaches. Muschamp screwed up on so many levels last year--Foley just had to read between the lines and come to the same conclusion that most did: WM has the emotional intellectual quotient of an adolescent boy. As last season progressed, he lost the locker room and set all kinds of negative historical records. Big talk of big changes on the 2014 season horizon proved to be more of the same--all talk, no action. He continues to micro-manage and 3 different OCs have only added to the dysfunction. Foley is not a stupid man--the Homecoming fiasco had to be the ultimate decision-maker. Muschamp is a goner, but there just has to be a substantial reason behind his not being let go immediately.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Foley has likely already started the coaching search. I'm sure it's quiet and confidential, but you can be assured he is making and receiving phone calls, probably not directly to and from candidates, but certainly with agents or representatives. Foley is completely in charge of this and holds all the cards. And much to the chagrin of the impatient masses, it will be on Foley's timing, not the hacks like me on message boards and Facebook. We either run the table, starting with Georgia, or we get a brand spanking new coach right after losing to Georgia. And if by some freak of nature miracle we beat Georgia, we'll get a new coach right after we lose to Vandy, or SC, or Eastern Kentucky or after FSU murders us.

It's coming, soon.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LadyGator74;n85698 said:
but there just has to be a substantial reason behind his not being let go immediately.

I seem to recall reading something here about WM having pics of Foley...

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n85630 said:
You guys know what this means? If by some miracle he beats Ugly and Clown U...theres a chance he's back.

Yes and if he can do that and win the other games I don't have a problem with his return. The problem is that is impossible with his players and coaching. Or at least it appears like that to me.

Now imagine that in two weeks we evaluate every player and play only those who have been performing in games. New QB, new receivers, and different scheme. We use our talent to not turn over the ball and drive diving our defense some rest. Probably not happening but I would be very happy if this staff could pull it off.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So far there is nothing coming out of UF that is shocking these days. It all seems to be a weird dream. :angry:

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
:bob:We will right the ship, Muschamp can still get this turned around.

Attachments

• conv_1133.jpg
    conv_1133.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 28

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it would take a 4th loss of the season to Georgia to fire him before the season ends a few weeks back but I was hoping that bad of a loss to Missouri might speed things up. I should have known better.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that he has to issue a statements says tons.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone want to buy 4 club seats for the Georgia game?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
VulcanAlex;n85713 said:
Yes and if he can do that and win the other games I don't have a problem with his return. The problem is that is impossible with his players and coaching. Or at least it appears like that to me.

Now imagine that in two weeks we evaluate every player and play only those who have been performing in games. New QB, new receivers, and different scheme. We use our talent to not turn over the ball and drive diving our defense some rest. Probably not happening but I would be very happy if this staff could pull it off.

That's exactly what made Foley's move in 2004 so brilliant, and equally makes his current stance so baffling. He knew based on Zook's track record, that he may just pull a rabbit out of his hat against uga the next week, go on a "nothing to lose(or win, at that point)" streak to close, including an improbable upset of the noles. All of which would be great. But he also recognized that the general direction and culture at UF was going down, and couldn't run that risk of allowing it to continue. And bear in mind, Zook had a better record at that point, had lost heartbreakers to ut, Lsu and Msu, all of which came down to the wire. There were no blowout, team-quitting moments like GSU or last Saturday.

This move makes no sense. Not really even debatable.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
VulcanAlex;n85713 said:

I disagree. Not impossible with the players. The coach, yes, the players no. I could care less if the players win out, Muschamp still deserves to be fired. His teams have under-performed 75% of his tenure at UF. Unfortunately, I think if he manages two more wins this season, Foley dooms us to another season of "going to get it fixed". After all, his record would be better than last year. Which could be misconstrued as "improvement"

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I would love to read the book, Coaching Under Will Muschamp, co-authored by Brent Pease and Kurt Roper. There's got to be some incredible insight to be mined from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator