Fooley's Statement for the Mob

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If mushdawg is on the sideline coaching my four seats will be empty. I feel so badly for the team. Can't the new president weigh in? He is going to walk into a nightmare. You would think JF would want to get the dawg out beforehand.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just goes to show how little power fans have. Foley is the new Fidel Castro to gator fans.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n85625 said:
Fire him or atleast put together a search committee for the next coach. Someone has to be held accountable
Do you mean Fooley? I'll go for that.:deadhorse:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
LadyGator74;n85698 said:
Maybe I am too old and have seen too much in my life, but I have to believe that Foley is working under something legally mandated, perhaps tied to the finances of Muschamp's extension, maybe even something that was renegotiated as a result of the debacle that was last season. There is no way he is not hearing from the big Bulls, the student body, us run of the mill alums, fans from all corners of the earth and the sports media everywhere that Muschamp is a walking disaster. His lip service in support of WM is just that and a necessity of the job.
This is not Foley's first rodeo when it comes to firing bad coaches. Muschamp screwed up on so many levels last year--Foley just had to read between the lines and come to the same conclusion that most did: WM has the emotional intellectual quotient of an adolescent boy. As last season progressed, he lost the locker room and set all kinds of negative historical records. Big talk of big changes on the 2014 season horizon proved to be more of the same--all talk, no action. He continues to micro-manage and 3 different OCs have only added to the dysfunction. Foley is not a stupid man--the Homecoming fiasco had to be the ultimate decision-maker. Muschamp is a goner, but there just has to be a substantial reason behind his not being let go immediately.
That's sweet of you LadyGator to give Fooley the benefit of the doubt. If I were to wager, however, I would go with the definition of FOOL rather than something legal. He is a loser when it comes to hiring football coaches and now, IMO, he's just too stubborn to do what's right. He is the bigger culprit in this fiasco than the chump.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Dear God. Is there anybody anywhere with an explanation for this. I would take anything. Because he made a pinky promise? How can Foley not give a reason. I am beyond baffled.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n85701 said:
Foley has likely already started the coaching search. I'm sure it's quiet and confidential, but you can be assured he is making and receiving phone calls, probably not directly to and from candidates, but certainly with agents or representatives. Foley is completely in charge of this and holds all the cards. And much to the chagrin of the impatient masses, it will be on Foley's timing, not the hacks like me on message boards and Facebook. We either run the table, starting with Georgia, or we get a brand spanking new coach right after losing to Georgia. And if by some freak of nature miracle we beat Georgia, we'll get a new coach right after we lose to Vandy, or SC, or Eastern Kentucky or after FSU murders us.

It's coming, soon.

I agree.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n85701 said:
Foley has likely already started the coaching search. I'm sure it's quiet and confidential, but you can be assured he is making and receiving phone calls, probably not directly to and from candidates, but certainly with agents or representatives. Foley is completely in charge of this and holds all the cards. And much to the chagrin of the impatient masses, it will be on Foley's timing, not the hacks like me on message boards and Facebook. We either run the table, starting with Georgia, or we get a brand spanking new coach right after losing to Georgia. And if by some freak of nature miracle we beat Georgia, we'll get a new coach right after we lose to Vandy, or SC, or Eastern Kentucky or after FSU murders us.

It's coming, soon.

No, no, no...even if we run the table he should be fired. That door shouldn't even be open. 6-5? Another wasted year. Anyone who thinks he should be back is detriment to the program. Turn in your fan card. I can't even believe someone would entertain this...the guy is a HORRIFIC head coach.

Un-freaking-believable.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
attachment.php

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Run the table. Are you out of your GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD mind?

We may not even score the rest of the year. Chimp is furiously drawing up Jumbo Package plays as we speak.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Comment in the ESPN article:

"Muschamp's termination letter was returned for a TD."

I couldn't help but laugh. That was a Kent State fan.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
oxking;n85764 said:
That's sweet of you LadyGator to give Fooley the benefit of the doubt. If I were to wager, however, I would go with the definition of FOOL rather than something legal. He is a loser when it comes to hiring football coaches and now, IMO, he's just too stubborn to do what's right. He is the bigger culprit in this fiasco than the chump.
This 1000000

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
From Bleacher Report
Pros and cons of firing Muschamp in mid-season

Foley will do what he has to do, on his schedule. Anyone who thinks he should be fired too is out of their mind. Machen would have to fire him, and the chances of that happening are less than zero, or perhaps for those who remember their calculus at UF, an imaginary number.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jeremy Foley,
I'm not giving your ass, albeit indirectly, another dime until until Football Saturday's become fun again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.