Football 2019 schedule released

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Gators Release 2019 Football Schedule - Florida Gators

2019 Florida Football Schedule
  • August 31 – vs. Miami (Orlando, Fla.)
  • September 7 – UT Martin (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 14 – Kentucky (Lexington, Ky.)
  • September 21 – Tennessee (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • September 28 – Towson (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • October 5 – Auburn (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • October 12 - LSU (Baton Rouge, La.)
  • October 19 – South Carolina (Columbia, S.C.)
  • October 26 – BYE
  • November 2 – vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla.)
  • November 9 – Vanderbilt (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • November 16 – Missouri (Columbia, Mo.)
  • November 23 – BYE
  • November 30 – Florida State (Gainesville, Fla.)
  • December 7 – SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can we stop scheduling D-1AA opponents...past time the SEC/NCAA steps in and stops that...

The money some of those programs make from one game, covers almost their entire Athletic budget. NCAA isn't going to stop that.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
2019 Florida Football Schedule
  • August 31 – vs. Miami (Orlando, Fla.) - W
  • September 7 – UT Martin (Gainesville, Fla.) - W
  • September 14 – Kentucky (Lexington, Ky.) - W
  • September 21 – Tennessee (Gainesville, Fla.) - W
  • September 28 – Towson (Gainesville, Fla.) - W
  • October 5 – Auburn (Gainesville, Fla.) - L
  • October 12 - LSU (Baton Rouge, La.) - L
  • October 19 – South Carolina (Columbia, S.C.) - W
  • October 26 – BYE
  • November 2 – vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla.) - L
  • November 9 – Vanderbilt (Gainesville, Fla.) - W
  • November 16 – Missouri (Columbia, Mo.) - W
  • November 23 – BYE
  • November 30 – Florida State (Gainesville, Fla.) - W
  • December 7 – SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.)
My guess is 8 wins.....we will beat LSU or Miami but not both

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That's different. We usually play a cupcake before F$U.

I hate that they added the 12th game. I also hate that we always seem to get Miami on the schedule when we are down.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
The money some of those programs make from one game, covers almost their entire Athletic budget. NCAA isn't going to stop that.

I graduated from a D-1AA University and I understand that clearly but if this is the logic people go by then make it where they can only schedule one a year. Two on the schedule is pathetic.

t

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That looks like a late '80s schedule. Replace Usce with Uk, and it's almost the identical mid-year gauntlet we faced every year, with Aub, Lsu and uga all within the same month.

And we wonder why we had so much trouble winning the conference.

Also, I don't mind the cupcakes, as I know they have their place. But they should be reserved for the opening 2 weeks, or the week before fsu. Having Towson sandwiched in between ut and Aub is silly, and again, reminds me of playing Cal-Fullerton or Temple midseason.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks tough but I like it. Open before UGA and FSU is cool.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can we stop scheduling D-1AA opponents...past time the SEC/NCAA steps in and stops that...
Stricklin and Mullinz scheduled multiple 1AA teams a year at Cowbell. It doesnt help for bowl eligibility but it helps the win loss.

If you schedule too many South Alabamas bad things happen.

We have scUM and Clowns OOC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin and Mullinz scheduled multiple 1AA teams a year at Cowbell. It doesnt help for bowl eligibility but it helps the win loss.

If you schedule too many South Alabamas bad things happen.

We have scUM and Clowns OOC.

Only 1AA team a year, but it was every year unlike us.... they also scheduled 3 to 4 (13 game years) non P5 competition. To go with their 8 game SEC schedule. Easy to get 7-8 wins when 4 to 5 are against non-p5 competition.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
That's different. We usually play a cupcake before F$U.

I hate that they added the 12th game. I also hate that we always seem to get Miami on the schedule when we are down.
Have you seen them lately? Their the "cupcake" now!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I am an alum of course of an FCS school and am as big a proponent of FCS football than anyone here, but for the University of Florida to schedule 2 FCS opponents is completely inexcusable.

"They did it in Starkville to pad win total". Well, Strychnine, you are in Gainesville now you dumb bastard, we DON'T GIVE A **** how you did things in Starkville. ****ing pathetic.

More Starkville Mediocrity.. .

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I am an alum of course of an FCS school and am as big a proponent of FCS football than anyone here, but for the University of Florida to schedule 2 FCS opponents is completely inexcusable.

"They did it in Starkville to pad win total". Well, Strychnine, you are in Gainesville now you dumb bastard, we DON'T GIVE A **** how you did things in Starkville. ****ing pathetic.

With Miami and FSU OOC and AU and LSU cross-division, this is a challenging schedule even with the cupcakes. Looks like strike 2 to me.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016

Stricklin didn't start that. We've been scheduling 2 cupcakes for quite a while now.
Why does everything have to be an attack on the program in some fashion? Whenever someone doesn't like something they immediately try to find someone to blame. This isn't a Gator problem. Nor a Stricklin and Mullen problem.

edit: I'm not saying you're always attacking the program, it just seems to be common practice around here.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Pretty challenging schedule, no need to apologize for a few cup cakes, gives everyone on the team a chance to play and maybe gives you time to work on some hard games coming up.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We play Miami, Auburn, UT, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, FSU, and an improving Missouri team. Don’t give a rats ass if we schedule two fcs teams. Pile the wins up. We’re going to need them

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
FCS teams will keep showing up as long as lower level FBS teams demand home and home or millions of dollars.

We used to get S.Miss and Louisville to visit now they want us to go to their places, screw that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.