Football dorms

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5348530.jpg 5348532.jpg

Saw this on the gatorbait site. This is Lemons (freshman RB) posting a picture of himself moving into the dorms. In the gatorbait thread it's discussed that our dorms look like a prison cell (although it's just a small screen shot of the room).

We were supposed to get upgrades in 2015:

http://www.onlygators.com/06/25/201...am-for-new-luxury-dorms-for-football-players/

Thoughts?

(PS, Lemons likes Pringles!) :D

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he wears size 18 shoes.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
those bama dorms don't have a stove, just a microwave. I guess with the food plans they don't really have a need to cook, but some might like a small cook top of some kind. One less thing to clean though.

maybe it's just me, but I've been cooking since before I was a teenager so it just seems natural to have a stove top of some kind available.

I would like to see walls that are not cinder block, or brick in the new dorms - what is it, the 60's?
it wouldn't surprise me if cooter built those back in the day.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Unless I am mistaken there are no "football dorms". I don't remember any "new" dorms being built that players might be assigned to. What I do I remember, some rehab of dorms that were in existence. Now perhaps we do need a couple of new dorms, but unless you are tearing down some where would you put them?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Unless I am mistaken there are no "football dorms". I don't remember any "new" dorms being built that players might be assigned to. What I do I remember, some rehab of dorms that were in existence. Now perhaps we do need a couple of new dorms, but unless you are tearing down some where would you put them?

I always thought it was the football players' assignment to tear down the dorms.?? The stove is there so his girl can cook him breakfast in the morning. Put up a total wall mural of a bright tropical isle with the realistic depth-perception. Then go to "Fatheads - Nubile Nudes Dept" and get some naked "island-girls" to realistically put up on the island. So he can study hard.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Of course there aren't "football dorms".....but that's where "football players" live when they live in dorms.

As far as tearing down....there's no need for that. The buildings can easily be gutted and renovated. The link from the 2015 McElwain tweet shows floor plans for new dorms. I'm curious if those opened.

This picture of Lemons is totally deceiving as it only shows the freaking wall. So I'm guessing this is way overblown, but it was a topic on another message board. I was curious of anyone knew what happened w/ the renovation project...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course there aren't "football dorms".....but that's where "football players" live when they live in dorms.

As far as tearing down....there's no need for that. The buildings can easily be gutted and renovated. The link from the 2015 McElwain tweet shows floor plans for new dorms. I'm curious if those opened.

This picture of Lemons is totally deceiving as it only shows the freaking wall. So I'm guessing this is way overblown, but it was a topic on another message board. I was curious of anyone knew what happened w/ the renovation project...
probably over blown, but cinder block ain't a good look. :lol:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Thanks for making the points I was trying to. And back in the day there were football dorms.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Based on seeing his watch, I'd say he's doing alright and being taken care of.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If I played for the Florida Gators I sure as sh!t wouldn't have any Alabama or any other school's crap in my room. But that's just me.
#ifyouain'tagatoryoumustbegatorbait

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
If I played for the Florida Gators I sure as sh!t wouldn't have any Alabama or any other school's crap in my room. But that's just me.
#ifyouain'tagatoryoumustbegatorbait
Are you joking? Am I mistaken here? The OP is a picture of our dorms vs a pic of Bama's dorms. Definitely doesn't look good.
But i am behind the ifyouain'tagatoryoumustbegatorbait

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the NCAA didn't allow football only dorms. Anyways the comparison is apples to oranges.

"Excited about the changes being made to take @UF to the next level! Coming Fall 2015-newly renovated on-campus apts."

Apartments, not dorms.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
probably over blown, but cinder block ain't a good look. :lol:

Well cinder block may not look good, but in fact if I were in a dorm with loud people around me I would prefer cinder block to dry wall. I would also guess that a block wall costs more than a stud and dry wall wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb