Football Rumor Mill

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For those of you interested in rumors.

http://footballrumormill.com/2014/10/the-rumor-mill-week-6-college-footballs-best-scoop/

[h=2]Gators 1 Point Win Over Tennessee HUGE For Muschamp[/h] Florida’s win over Tennessee was huge for Will Muschamp’s tenure at Florida. Sources on the ground indicate 7-4 likely saves his job.
How this all plays out amidst the backdrop of freshman quarterback Treon Harris being suspended indefinitely after being accused of a sexual assault in addition to a player fight remains to be seen.
As of now, if the Gators can beat Georgia, we’re betting Muschamp returns. If he doesn’t, there are all kinds of names flying around ranging from Brian Kelly to Hugh Freeze to Dan Mullen.
[h=2]State Of Mississippi Likely To Need 2 New Head Coaches In 2015[/h] That brings us to Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
Does anyone think that Mullen and Freeze will still be residing in Mississippi next year if Florida or Miami or Michigan come calling?
We don’t.
[h=2]Rich Rod And Terry Bowden Could Land Bigger Jobs[/h] In addition to Mullen and Freeze, keep two other names in your back pocket that could land bigger jobs after the season.
Are you ready for a blast from the past? Rich Rodriguez has Arizona in the top ten and Terry Bowden has Akron on the verge of going to only its second bowl game ever and its first winning record in nine seasons.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I think there was and still is more to Michigan's issues than Rich Rod.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope 7-4 doesn't save his job as that would mean we have lost to Georgia again probably.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gatoravatara;n75082 said:
Great. So if we are mediocre this year, Muschamp stays? And then we have another year of mediocrity where Treon regresses? Please let this Muschamp nightmare be over.
JD never had "it." Treon has "it." Who is to say he regresses?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n75096 said:
I dunno. I don't haven't seen many players in any position really improve to the next level under Muschamp. Burton has gotten a bit better but Muschanmp has not been known for developing offensive players. So next year 8-5 when the East is back up?

Matt Jones has gotten better.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gatoravatara;n75096 said:
I dunno. I don't haven't seen many players in any position really improve to the next level under Muschamp. Burton has gotten a bit better but Muschanmp has not been known for developing offensive players. So next year 8-5 when the East is back up?
Has the defense gotten better this year?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The noise will get really loud if we lose to lsu tomorrow.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n75244 said:
I don't know. It depends on the week.

The blown coverage or miscommunication problems were what really hurt us against UK and Ala. That's more a product of replacing some starters with less experienced guys.

Once we got that cleared up and inserted a few new faces, the D looked light years better last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb