Recruiting Former #1 Overall 5⭐️ WR Demetris Robertson now sniffing butts

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
We must seem like a lunatic asylum to all the sunshine pumpers over there. The majority were defending Mac right up until Georgia destroyed us and Mac was fired.
I gave Mac strike one when Mac lost to Michigan.

A lot were pissed before UGA.

Last edited:

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Alright, @jhbyrd...since you’ve entered into this thread I’m just curious. How good of a coach do you think Kirby Smart is? Do you think he’s closer to Saban or Muschamp?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
In the past week I’ve been accused of:

1) Posting from the same IP as Byrd.
2) Being a UAA Plant
3) Being a dwag.

There is no way I am all of those things. What I am is a pumper who tries to apply the same lens to the other side. I try to be consistent. If the shoe was on the other foot and we just had the season UGA had with the kind of recruiting class UGA had we’d be thinking we got Saban 2.0. Does that go against the larger narrative of the board? Yes, it does. Most on this board believes Smart is Muschamp 2.0 and they also think Mullen is Butters 2.0. I think the opposite on both. It doesn’t make me a dwag.

I live in Gainesville, and I am a huge Gator fan. Maybe I’ll come to the Gatorchatter gathering in September to prove myself to you naysayers.
Certain posters assume a lot on chatter that is simply not true.

The poster claiming I am you is promoting another provable lie. Please go to their gathering. They cannot phantom there is more than one poster that is positive about UF.

I myself feel it is both bad and good and not just bad about UF.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Alright, @jhbyrd...since you’ve entered into this thread I’m just curious. How good of a coach do you think Kirby Smart is? Do you think he’s closer to Saban or Muschamp?
My feeling is Smart was able to meet the top recruits early while at Bama. The state of Georgia is loaded with talent and the ones that were going to Bama in the past are now going to UGA.

I don't think Georgia alum Smart is the best field coach because his first season at UGA Mac beat Smart.

Smart is a good recruiter and is lucky that last year the #1 QB in the country lived close to UGA and had a sister at UGA . That QB could help UGA get Georgia native Demetrius Robertson dammit.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My feeling is Smart was able to meet the top recruits early while at Bama. The state of Georgia is loaded with talent and the ones that were going to Bama in the past are now going to UGA.

I don't think Georgia alum Smart is the best field coach because his first season at UGA Mac beat Smart with terrible Treon at QB.

Smart is a good recruiter and is lucky that last year the #1 QB in the country lived close to UGA and had a sister at UGA . That QB could help UGA get Georgia native Demetrius Robertson dammit.

Wasn't LDR the QB the first year Smart was at GA?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I gave Mac strike one when Mac lost to Michigan.

A lot were pissed before UGA.

You have written this over and over again since joining the board as a point of pride. I’m sorry you were two years too late to catch even “one strike”. Many of us caught one strike in his piss poor public awe shucks, no socks, demeanor at his first press conference and sensed recruiting calamity immediately. Plus, we had hired a mediocre record coach that never won shyt in a c level conference.

Then, he had no TDs vs FSU, was blown out by UalTusc, didn’t even bother for UAnn Arbor at Michigan, followed by a 14th rated recruiting class in what should have been his best class. So 2015 ended with no strikes for you? Congrats on proving you’re not a pumper and just rational with a keen sense, as you write, of the “facts”.

At least you didn’t notice any strikes in 2016, despite our team completing puking away a big lead at UtKNOX, scoring a whopping a 13 points vs Vandy, being blown out by UArkFayt, blown out again by FSU (again no offensive TD) and blown out by UATloosa. Then Mac showed his best effort was a top 9 recruiting class. Great job by you to still not notice any strikes yet.

Congrats on your keen observation skills come 2017.

Yes, as you note in other posts, much of opinion is gray. What has become clear as day, and black and white, however, is you are an incessant enema gurgling noise on this board that believes only you are seeing clearly through the gray but it is just you swallowing the sh!t your gurgling until you can’t see anything at all.

But seriously, congrats on identifying the first strike a whopping 1.5-2 months before the jackass fabricated a death threat story, wouldn’t cooperate with UF on the death threat details, and was smiling coming off the field in Jax after another blowout. After understanding that you gave him your super self-important “first strike” only after 2017 Michigan, I now trust your foresight on all other topics, including Mullen’s prospects for success, Van Jefferson’s all-SEC two games leading to an offensive explosion, and recruiting improving all the way up to an awesome potential top 27 or so ranking (due to our eventually “success on the field”). Only now do I appreciate your singular premonition skills.

D1047EC3-73E4-4730-B793-27A3FA11A4C4.gif

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You have written this over and over again since joining the board as a point of pride. I’m sorry you were two years too late to catch even “one strike”.

Congrats that you would fire the SEC coach of the year after year one ( in spite of the media picking UF to be one of the worst in the conference followed by UF having one of the best starts for a new UF coach ever).

Top coaches would just flock to UF to lead a program that appeases entitled fans who demand national championships ( in spite of very little talent inherited on offense) in year one.

Appeasing their crybabies sure worked for UT. Look at the top coaches they are attracting.

You give the new coach a fair chance and if he blows it you toss him. To fire a new coach when you say we should would scare away top coaches from UF. They would avoid UF because they knew they would not be given a fair chance to rebuild the program.

We gave Mac a fair chance and when he showed he was lazy and had a big mouth we fired him.

Mac won more games than Saban and Dabo in year one. Fortunate for them their fans don't have your year one entitlement.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats that you would fire the SEC coach of the year in year one ( in spite of the media picking UF to be one of the worst in the conference) and UF having one of the best starts for a new UF coach ever.

Top coaches would just flock to UF to take that a position that appeases entitled crybabies who demand national championships ( in spite of very little talent of inherited offense) in year one. Worked for UT. Look at the top coaches they are attracting.
Look at the top coaches we attracted after holding onto Butters a year too long.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Wasn't LDR the QB the first year Smart was at GA?
My bad. Treon beat Richt in Mac's year one not in Mac's victory during Smart's year one(that year it was transfer LDR). Smart had a young 5 star QB in year 1.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Congrats that you would fire the SEC coach of the year after year one

No one said fire him after year one. This is your worst effort at a strawman argument yet.

You bragged about calling out a “first strike” in year three for Mac. Unless your “strikes” are super powerful, that still gives him 2 more. That also gives us all we need to know about your credibility on the other topics you keep spewing about.

This thread should be re-named: “BYRD ASSASSINATED: Runs around with head cut off”

29D73DEC-091F-4D3C-BB66-3B087CA9F416.gif

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
No one said fire him after year one.
Your math is off. You said I was 2 years two late. 2 years prior to the Michigan loss we had won the first game following Mac getting the SEC coach of the year. You would give a strike to fire after a win?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Seriously, and I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but not until then???

We should give a coach two years to get his system in especially if they are in the SEC championship game both years. Mac improved our national ranking in year 1 and more in year 2.

In year 3 I feel a coach has to have his system in place so Mac needed to show what he could do and Mac called a terrible game versus Michigan so strike one for firing. Plus he was not recruiting well which is a negative for me.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We should give a coach two years to get his system in especially if they are in the SEC championship game both years. Mac improved our national ranking in year 1 and more in year 2.

In year 3 I feel a coach has to have his system in place so Mac needed to show what he could do and Mac called a terrible game versus Michigan so strike one for firing.

You need to not concentrate so much on records and trust what your eyeballs are telling you. Anyone who thought the way our teams played under Mac in year one, two or three anyway represented champion contenders or showed any promise of being contenders in the future were fooling themselves.

Year one was kind of a push. It was hard to tell if the $sh!tty offense was players, coaching or play calls. Year two was a carbon copy of year one that, despite our record, instilled zero confidence that the ship was getting righted. If anything there was digression. Year three just confirmed the fears that arose in year one and two.

For me, I was totally over Mac a couple games into year two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator