Former Bama asst hit with a show cause order

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like that the NCAA has started holding the coaches accountable, but how many schools other than a Bama would avoid any type of penalty for having one of the on-field coaches and a booster doing these type of shenanigans?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I find it interesting that 'Bama has had quite a few "All-World" players drafted by the NFL that have flamed out in the league. It had me wondering the other day when I thought about this 1) what happens to them after going pro that causes them to perform poorly (are Saban and his players "system" guys?) and 2) maybe it really is a matter of these guys being on "deer antler velvet" while at Bama. Thoughts?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I find it interesting that 'Bama has had quite a few "All-World" players drafted by the NFL that have flamed out in the league. It had me wondering the other day when I thought about this 1) what happens to them after going pro that causes them to perform poorly (are Saban and his players "system" guys?) and 2) maybe it really is a matter of these guys being on "deer antler velvet". Thoughts?
I think Bama players are surrounded by 4.5-5* star players and they're playing against 3* players most Saturdays. This makes them look even better than they are. When they get in the NFL, they are no longer playing against inferior competition.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think Bama players are surrounded by 4.5-5* star players and they're playing against 3* players most Saturdays. This makes them look even better than they are. When they get in the NFL, they are no longer playing against inferior competition.

I don't know. I hear what you're saying but truth be told they've also absolutely kicked the crap out of many really good teams during the Saban era (including us in the '09 SECCG) that had a lot of talent. That's why I can't help but wonder that there may be something else, in addition to talent, that is the X-Factor for them. Just a thought.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like that the NCAA has started holding the coaches accountable, but how many schools other than a Bama would avoid any type of penalty for having one of the on-field coaches and a booster doing these type of shenanigans?
Don't worry, bama self imposed a $5,000 fine. That should be sufficient to prevent it from happening again.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I first started talking about this during the supposed Grossman v. Berlin QB battle. That Grossman's high school stats came when he was playing with a pretty good high school team and Berlin's came when he was playing on a team full of D1 prospects makes it hard to tell if it is Berlin or his teammates but easy to know it was Grossman in his case. That was one of many reasons to suspect Grossman would never be beaten out by Berlin.

There same with UAL players. They are surround by NFL picks. Some of them will be NFL players and others will be good college players who looked like NFL players given the talent around them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I find it interesting that 'Bama has had quite a few "All-World" players drafted by the NFL that have flamed out in the league. It had me wondering the other day when I thought about this 1) what happens to them after going pro that causes them to perform poorly (are Saban and his players "system" guys?) and 2) maybe it really is a matter of these guys being on "deer antler velvet" while at Bama. Thoughts?

Richardson and some others were clearly using Bama juice while in college.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is the "Alabama way" cheat until someone gets caught then throw that person under the bus and hire someone else to pickup where the last asst left off. The NCAA is a Joke!

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ssistant-given-two-year-show-cause-order-ncaa

Crimson Tide athletic director Greg Byrne said the university was "pleased that the NCAA affirmed that our cooperative approach to this matter was timely and appropriate."

"The university will continue to demonstrate a strong commitment to compliance, as reflected in our self-imposed actions taken in this case," said Byrne, who took over in March.

:lol:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Bama steroids > NFL steroids

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Crimson Tide athletic director Greg Byrne said the university was "pleased that the NCAA affirmed that our cooperative approach to this matter was timely and appropriate."

"The university will continue to demonstrate a strong commitment to compliance, as reflected in our self-imposed actions taken in this case," said Byrne, who took over in March.

:lol:
#FakeNews

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/f...ed-alabama-db-deionte-thompson-191029935.html

Alabama defensive back Deionte Thompson is one of four men sought for felony aggravated assault related to an alleged March incident in Crystal Beach, Texas.

In a statement released Friday, Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban said Thompson has been “excused” from team activities to “cooperate with law enforcement in this matter.” Alabama is scheduled to play its spring game on Saturday.

Saban said the program is “in the process of gathering all of the facts in Deionte’s situation.”

“Once we have a better understanding of what happened, we will make a determination as to what needs to be done in terms of the appropriate course of action moving forward,” Saban said.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Bama steroids > NFL steroids
Them boys on HGH not roids. If you have a script from an Alabama doctor you can go get that $hit from a local drug store because it's legal in that state. How do I know this? I have a doctor in Dothan I've been getting it from for about 6 months now because I broke my back in 4 places. The original recovery time was up to 2 yrs and with that I've recovered in 8 months. Plus that $hit has got me jacked up pretty well and down to 11% body fat. Now if I can get it I am 100% sure that one of the 20 doctors they use could get it to those players with ease!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Them boys on HGH not roids. If you have a script from an Alabama doctor you can go get that $hit from a local drug store because it's legal in that state. How do I know this? I have a doctor in Dothan I've been getting it from for about 6 months now because I broke my back in 4 places. The original recovery time was up to 2 yrs and with that I've recovered in 8 months. Plus that $hit has got me jacked up pretty well and down to 11% body fat. Now if I can get it I am 100% sure that one of the 20 doctors they use could get it to those players with ease!

Dang, I want some of that stuff. For real. Lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They also went a few years without one holding penalty called on em. They've had quite a bit going their way.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I first started talking about this during the supposed Grossman v. Berlin QB battle. That Grossman's high school stats came when he was playing with a pretty good high school team and Berlin's came when he was playing on a team full of D1 prospects makes it hard to tell if it is Berlin or his teammates but easy to know it was Grossman in his case. That was one of many reasons to suspect Grossman would never be beaten out by Berlin.

There same with UAL players. They are surround by NFL picks. Some of them will be NFL players and others will be good college players who looked like NFL players given the talent around them.

And some thrive in a well defined structure likes Saban's - lots of discipline and constant reinforcement of good decisions. Without the structure and with a mountain of cash, they are free to slack off or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator