Former Gators sentenced to prison, including Shane Matthews

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Monty Grow is a jackass. Bilked tricare by pushing through fake prescriptions.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Whoa, didn't see that one coming. Poor Shane....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow. That's a hell of a scheme. Surprised we hadn't heard about Mathews involvement already. I had some classes w/ Monty Grow, he was a solid player. He's had some trouble since exiting football, including the incident where he left his kid alone in a car while he was inside a strip club.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Monty Grow is a jackass. Bilked tricare by pushing through fake prescriptions.
I could swear we had this thread about prescriptions when the recrutnik girl went ape**** and was found under the bridge. It's real and coming from the docs, the reps, the patients.....not all, not a majority, but enough to matter.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. That's a hell of a scheme. Surprised we hadn't heard about Mathews involvement already. I had some classes w/ Monty Grow, he was a solid player. He's had some trouble since exiting football, including the incident where he left his kid alone in a car while he was inside a strip club.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The man is a scammer. As bad as things already are, one thing the health care system does not need is people of his ilk, no matter which school they attended.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Q: What kind of bird doesn't fly?

A: Jail Bird!!

----

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: Want to amend this tweet. Matthews was reportedly *sentenced* to prison as noted in the story. Used the wrong terminology below.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I could swear we had this thread about prescriptions when the recrutnik girl went ape**** and was found under the bridge. It's real and coming from the docs, the reps, the patients.....not all, not a majority, but enough to matter.
Its bullshyt, spawned by ambulance chasers and people (politicians) trying to divert attention from the real problem, Mexican drug cartels slinging heroin and fentanyl on every street corner.

If you talk to cops, paramedics, or er personnel, its all heroin causing the ODs. Its dirt cheap, less than crack, only slightly more than marijuana. Pills are pricey.

A big thing right now are fentanyl getting pressed into pills. Many of the pill deaths are those.

Are there pill mills? Yes, but it isnt even close to one of the primary problems. The majority of the pills come from China or Canada, not US doctors or pharmacies.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you talk to cops, paramedics, or er personnel, its all heroin causing the ODs
Yep, my SIL tells me about it on almost every shift he works and he's in Seminole County so I couldn't imagine what the FF's and paramedics are seeing in Orange, Duval and Dade counties.....Who the f vck does heroin???

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nope, he started a bogus website that told soldiers they could get pain medications (compounds) for free by putting their information on their personal information on the website without ever seeing a doc.

They then paid a doc to do telemedicine. Where the doctor never actually saw the patient but he got paid a flat fee for every prescription that he wrote to the pharmacy for “seeing” the patient.

It was something like $300 million within a year. The director of tricare (a general) shut it down.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well at least Monty gave us this good memory....shame he's an a$$hole...Maybe he can lay out Darrin and unload on him in prison.....

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Nope, he started a bogus website that told soldiers they could get pain medications (compounds) for free by putting their information on their personal information on the website without ever seeing a doc.

They then paid a doc to do telemedicine. Where the doctor never actually saw the patient but he got paid a flat fee for every prescription that he wrote to the pharmacy for “seeing” the patient.

It was something like $300 million within a year. The director of tricare (a general) shut it down.
Oh I know. I read it. This time it was the reps and the patients. Next time it's the docs and reps. Next time it's the docs and patients.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, my SIL tells me about it on almost every shift he works and he's in Seminole County so I couldn't imagine what the FF's and paramedics are seeing in Orange, Duval and Dade counties.....Who the f vck does heroin???

I think there isn't a ton of difference in heroin and the strong prescription pain pills that people are injecting or snorting. I know here in my town its just now becoming where more people are probably doing heroin more than prescription pain pills. The price of the prescriptions on the street have really went up I heard with all the crackdowns on the doctors giving out those pills so easy.

Like Law said people mixing in fentanyl and getting too much in there is killing people now however.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Its bullshyt, spawned by ambulance chasers and people (politicians) trying to divert attention from the real problem, Mexican drug cartels slinging heroin and fentanyl on every street corner.

If you talk to cops, paramedics, or er personnel, its all heroin causing the ODs. Its dirt cheap, less than crack, only slightly more than marijuana. Pills are pricey.

A big thing right now are fentanyl getting pressed into pills. Many of the pill deaths are those.

Are there pill mills? Yes, but it isnt even close to one of the primary problems. The majority of the pills come from China or Canada, not US doctors or pharmacies.
Back in late 90's tell me where the problem was? Now tell me what caused today's mexican issue?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Yeah, I’m surprised, too. I heard quite a bit when Monty was indicted. It was a fairly prominent story in the media but I hadn’t heard boo about Shane being involved until this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.