Former Gators sentenced to prison, including Shane Matthews

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Back in late 90's tell me where the problem was? Now tell me what caused today's mexican issue?

The shutting down of all the cartels in South America. It all got concentrated in Mexico.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Monty Grow sounds like a villain name and he seems like a scumbag. I hate that TRICAREs bureaucracy makes it such an easy target for scammers.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The shutting down of all the cartels in South America. It all got concentrated in Mexico.
I'd say demand is much greater today than in 1998.

I'd say, outside your standard junkie, the pill mills caused a lot of people to get hooked, and kids to get hooked on their parent's cabinet. The market grew and the mexicans and chinese filled the demand.

I was not aware much heroin was coming into the states from south america. crack and cocaine, yes.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I really hope Mathews is telling the truth and he was just naive in this whole matter. I want to believe him, but shouldn't he had been a little suspicious?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I really hope Mathews is telling the truth and he was just naive in this whole matter. I want to believe him, but shouldn't he had been a little suspicious?

No he shouldn’t have. We all make $460,000 in commissions for doing little, if any, work on some pharmaceutical gig between our sports talk radio show. :giggle:

All kidding aside, I’d like to believe he’s telling the truth also but something doesn’t add up, especially when he pled guilty to misbranding drugs. That certainly sounds like more than just recruiting sales reps. Here’s the info from his court case.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/981766/download

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Thug U? Hernandez, Leak, Grow, Mathews.
Recruiters bending Mommas ears.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say demand is much greater today than in 1998.

I'd say, outside your standard junkie, the pill mills caused a lot of people to get hooked, and kids to get hooked on their parent's cabinet.
Again, just a myth. Just an excuse to get people to look the other way from limpwristed immigration and drug policies for the last 8 plus years.

Right now agencies have joint task forces basically doing intensive follow up on opioid ods and deaths. Interview after interview after interview with the same results. They started either taking fentanyl tablets (street pressed) or with laced marijuana cigarettes, often without knowing what they were taking.

The first three are free. It is the way dealers work.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Again, just a myth. Just an excuse to get leople to look the other way from limpwristed immigration and drug policies for the last 8 plus years.

Right now agencies have joint task forces basically doing intensive follow up on opioid ods and deaths. Interview after interview after interview with the same results. They started either taking fentanyl tablets (street pressed) or with laced marijuana cigarettes, often without knowing what they were taking.

The first three are free. It is the way dealers work.
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? Unless it forced the Chinese...

I guess my experience is getting heads 20 times in a row. Of course I am not speaking of your typical junkie and you know that.

And the demand is much greater today. Your Mexican/Chinese pushers, while true, didn’t get into the business until the market reached a certain size. When people blew their and their family’s wealth they then turned to the cheap ****.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
@onlygators: Update to the Shane Matthews situation, including his side of the story. #Gators http://bit.ly/2shlosb

It looked like and was easy money. I suspect the Feds had some hard evidence showing he had crossed the line on how his recruiters got paid etc. Maybe some serious stupid tax being is being paid on his part.

Reminded me of another Gainesville/Ocala former player arrest. Rick Tuten, no relation to the former Gator S&C coach, got busted as part of a fencing ring. In that market, Tuten, Matthews, Doering and Ackerman were involved in various local radio shows and whatnot. (Ack May still be doing that - I moved to Orlando in 2014.)

http://www.ocala.com/article/LK/20070621/News/604234615/OS/

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb