Former Georgia players rip new UT HC Jeremy Pruitt: Not fit to be a head coach

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is great!! I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed...

Former Georgia players rip new Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt: Not fit to be a head coach

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-geo...remy-pruitt-not-fit-head-coach-165841590.html

ATLANTA — Part of Jeremy Pruitt’s first appearance at Southeastern Conference media days Wednesday was spent defending his interpersonal skills, which came under sharp attack the day before from a former SEC star quarterback.

Aaron Murray, who played at Georgia from 2009-13 and is now an analyst for CBS Sports Network, told a Nashville radio station that he didn’t see Pruitt, Tennessee’s new head coach, as head coach material. He said Pruitt was disrespectful to head coach Mark Richt when Pruitt was his defensive coordinator at Georgia in 2014-15.

“I don’t know if his personality is fit to be a head coach,” Murray said on 102.5 The Game. “As a head coach, there’s so many things that go into it. It’s not just going out there and coaching. You have to deal with front office. You’ve got to go talk with the president of the university. You have to deal with boosters. You have to deal with the offense, the defense. It’s not just going in there and dealing with the kids and scheming up. There’s a lot that goes into it. I don’t think he’s the right guy to kind of be the CEO of a corporation.”

It should be noted that Murray was gone before Pruitt arrived in Athens. Wednesday, Pruitt was asked about Murray’s remarks.

But ESPN analyst David Pollack, another former Georgia player who like Murray did not play under Pruitt, doubled down on Murray’s criticism of Pruitt on-air Wednesday.

“So, I’ll be curious to watch Jeremy Pruitt as he evolves with this relationship with Phillip Fulmer because Jeremy Pruitt did a good job when he was with Nick Saban – because he knew where he stood. He did a good job with Jimbo Fisher – they let you know where you stand. The hierarchy was very clear. How does he evolve as a head coach?

“He put on a good show [at the main podium at SEC Media Days], he definitely showed you what he has. I want to see if he continues to treat people in the correct manner, if he respects authority, because to be honest, the stories we’ve heard – we’ve all heard the same stories, it was pretty bad. It was disrespectful, so that’s what I’m interested to see.”

At the podium Wednesday, Pruitt was asked about his time at Georgia and relationship with Richt.

“You know, Coach Richt, you know, the things he taught you, one thing, probably the biggest thing to me is there’s more to life than football,” Pruitt said. “I know that sounds – but there is. And, you know, one of these days, that – you don’t care how many championships you win and all that. So I’m thankful for the opportunity.”

Tennessee plays Georgia in Athens Sept. 29.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At the podium Wednesday, Pruitt was asked about his time at Georgia and relationship with Richt.

“You know, Coach Richt, you know, the things he taught you, one thing, probably the biggest thing to me is there’s more to life than football,” Pruitt said. “I know that sounds – but there is. And, you know, one of these days, that – you don’t care how many championships you win and all that. So I’m thankful for the opportunity.”

I'm not sure how or why Murray is in position to criticize a former assistant from years ago. That said, when the vols hired their 18th choice, my hope(and gut feeling) was that he was Muschamp/McElwain/Zook-level in over his head. Quotes like the above confirm that.

Over five dozen words, not one complete sentence, completely incoherent, and at least three cliches. Buckle up, ut.

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Lulz. He is right. Richt obviously didn't care much. He was just never one of those guys who seemed to care if he lost. Urban got physically sick. SOS would go crazy on players, Zook, other coaches, himself, whomever. He was obviously pissed.

Richt, Butterteeth, Burp Bulimia, those guys just don't care. They are millionaires, why care?

I will say that even after all those 40 ish losses, Mullinz did always look pissed when he lost. I really loved when he tore Sidehat a new azzhole for giving up 600 yards two games in a row.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you saying Mullinz was 16th? 17th? Or 19th?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just sounds like Richt must have been a little soft.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Lulz. He is right. Richt obviously didn't care much. He was just never one of those guys who seemed to care if he lost. Urban got physically sick. SOS would go crazy on players, Zook, other coaches, himself, whomever. He was obviously pissed.

Richt, Butterteeth, Burp Bulimia, those guys just don't care. They are millionaires, why care?

I will say that even after all those 40 ish losses, Mullinz did always look pissed when he lost. I really loved when he tore Sidehat a new azzhole for giving up 600 yards two games in a row.

So looks like UT hired another champion of life?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I can't keep up.... who is sidehat?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So looks like UT hired another champion of life?
I do remember that. Seems like there was a screaming match with Pruitt telling Richt he doesn't know how to be a champion, or something like that.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

That bullet head sounds like a real winner. Kind of a mixture between Champ and Mac. It would literally rot my eardrums to have to listen to him all season. I'm actually feeling sorry for those gingivitis riddled bumpkins.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those Pruitt quotes are cringeworthy. I think what Murray is trying to say is someone forgot to turn the nightlight on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty crazy to hear that kind of criticism in this day and age. Murray and Pollack are two of the Dwags most beloved players from the past few decades.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You know, Coach Richt, you know, the things he taught you, one thing, probably the biggest thing to me is there’s more to life than football,” Pruitt said. “I know that sounds – but there is. And, you know, one of these days, that – you don’t care how many championships you win and all that. So I’m thankful for the opportunity.”

Pet peeve = saying "you know". Space filler with no value while your brain tries to keep up with your mouth. There's lots of phrases to insert while doing that ("er", "um", etc), but this one is particularly annoying. If I know...then WHY THE FK are you talking to me?

And that last line...so f'n Mac-esque.

Jun 2, 2015
[QUOTE="Swamp Donkey, post: 727244, member: 7"

I think Richt has become re-energized @ Miami. Remember last year he all but attacked a ref over a call & we got a penalty because of it. I, along with the majority of our fan base were shocked. But then again maybe it is simply being @ Miami that brings out the manic testosterone behavior in some coaches and players. Plus, a lot of his recent comments (re: FSU & Clemson) at booster gatherings have been laced with a bit of vinegar. So, I think he does greatly care but with his personality it is not as obvious as it is with others.

I remember Spurrier's facial contorsions and hat throwing episodes and I think his Mom even told him to stop it. However, he was passionate & absolutely hated to lose and surely some of that passion resonates with the players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.