Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,103
    Ratings:
    +5,093 / -83
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-tr...attorneys-142803074--abc-news-topstories.html

As attorneys for Michael Cohen rush to meet Judge Kimba Wood’s Friday deadline to complete a privilege review of over 3.7 million documents seized in the April 9 raids of Cohen’s New York properties and law office, a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that the law firm handling the case for Cohen is not expected to represent him going forward.

To date, Cohen has been represented by Stephen Ryan and Todd Harrison of the Washington and New York firm, McDermott, Will & Emery LLP.

No replacement counsel has been identified as of this time.

Cohen, now with no legal representation, is likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York, sources said. This development, which is believed to be imminent, will likely hit the White House, family members, staffers and counsels hard.

[​IMG]

----------------------------

Another joke headline most likely just like all the Kushner and Trump Banks accounts to be subpoened headlines previously.

The probable reality on this Cohen stuff is they get him for some bank fraud or tax evasion type charge and he has nothing for them to use against Trump. He could also be possibly indicted for something related to that Taxi business guy he knows. That Taxi business related stuff may be the cooperation and the Trump stuff is joke spin for public consumption.

The WSJ gives a reason why his lawyers are likely stepping down and it isn't some big story supposedly.

I like the joke headlines coming out just prior to the IG release on the Clinton e-mail case however as the pattern has been with these things.

2. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $930
    Ratings:
    +2,169 / -165
    If he actually is a lawyer why does he need any others to "represent" him? Sure I know the saying that lawyers have, but then they make money.

I also wonder what cooperation might be, seems to have nothing to do with Russia, or anything I care about.

3. 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Dexterous Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $566
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / -10
    Any person, even a lawyer, that represents themselves has a fool for a client. I know the political left is orgasmic over this but absolutely any communication written or verbal with any client can't be used and even any discovery made as a result of anything he tells them is "fruit of a poisonous tree." That's the way our system works. @Swamp Donkey can correct me here if I'm off base, but the Supreme Court to my knowledge has allowed only a few extremely narrow exceptions to privilege. Hell, it even survives the death of the client.

He'll tell them what he can to get whatever deal he can, but left can put down the lube - it isn't going to end up how they are hoping.

4. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $447
    Ratings:
    +1,691 / -243
    He better hurry with the pardon before it is too late.

• Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
      $447
      Ratings:
      +1,691 / -243
      All of the shady sh!t Trump has done since they hooked up. Better hurry up with the pardon.

• ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
        $930
        Ratings:
        +2,169 / -165
        Yes that is the traditional stuff, I don't believe that for me. Nobody can ever properly "represent" me in any venue. Sure they could give advice but mostly they want to run things. I get my legal opinions here from Alex not a swamp.

Now in this case it will depend on what he is willing to suffer with, I think they have little to nothing but of course I don't know.

• 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $566
        Ratings:
        +1,731 / -10
        I thought Donk was a lawyer - I'm not sure why but I thought I read that somewhere. Is Alex?

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $2,443
        Ratings:
        +8,996 / -21
        They both went to law school, as did Casey

• 5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $566
        Ratings:
        +1,731 / -10
        Well there you go. I know how to read an opinion but any one of them can give you a more educated take. I'd be shocked if anything they get from this guy about any of his clients is going to be of any use in a court room. I believe the court did limit it when the advice being sought by the client from the attorney is how to actively commit a crime and get away with it - but I'd love for one of them to weigh in.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,510
        Ratings:
        +11,586 / -171
        This guy, was one of the reasons I didn't like Trump in the primary.

complete and total douchebag...which is why he is a lawyer :lol: