Former UF players speak out about Urban Meyer

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure injuries happen in the weight room at all programs. Hell, didn't Fsu have a player die at their practice like 12 years ago after running sprints and complaining the whole time his chest was hurting? They still made him continue to run. I think his family did sue the school.

You are somewhat correct. FSU had a player collapse and die some pretty intense mat drills several years ago so these things do happen.
Actually UF had a player, Erase Autin,(sp) die from heat exhaustion after running sprints in the summer heat.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Butters could be charged w/ neglect and deliberately trying to injure players by running a non-existent S&C program then sending his players out to get their asses handed to them by other teams who actually did have a S&C program.

There's lot's of ways to look at this...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are correct, of course. Allow me to amend: “crazy women that you’ve had a couple of kids with”.

That fun is long gone.
Oh yeah....

RENT, dont buy. Very short term.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually UF had a player, Erase Autin,(sp) die from heat exhaustion after running sprints in the summer heat.
Eraste Autin
Probably 105 degrees that day and the kids practicing in our Outdoor Practice Facility and running two blocks to the lockerroom.

UF Athletics Suffers Tragic Loss - Florida Gators

Family of UF player sues over his death

This is one of the reasons you have IPFs and all in ones, S&C and training staff can always watch and monitor.

In the military, an NCO who fails to supervise and allows his soldiers to become heat casualties gets court martialed. I have little tolerance for this.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want to preemptively keep this thread under control – so I will acknowledge that this website is a heavily conservative website. Please keep all dialogue only around the video. Not the website’s ideology.

:what2:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
A couple of things:

1. I agree with all that point out this is a tough game. As I have pointed out before a team might sign 110 players over 5 years and only have 85 left on the team. This sport chews up kids. Each person has to decide if they can be a fan given the toughness of this sport. I don't have a problem with that, but I can understand those that do.

3. If this follows the typical Project Veritas model, this is the first of several videos. The following videos might be more based on hidden cameras and sometimes are more shocking or maybe closer today, ie Ohio State players. This one seems pretty tame to me.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Other people make veiled political comments and nothing happens. I call out the standard inaccuracy of the people producing the video, and my post gets deleted? F*ck right off.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Other people make veiled political comments and nothing happens. I call out the standard inaccuracy of the people producing the video, and my post gets deleted? F*ck right off.

Didn't see your post, Cap.. but regardless of the ideology, the guy who made the video is well known for selectively editing video to make it look worse (a la Michael Moore on the other side of the political spectrum).

At the very least, it should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:dubster:

I dont believe their videos. All CGI

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of things:

1. I agree with all that point out this is a tough game. As I have pointed out before a team might sign 110 players over 5 years and only have 85 left on the team. This sport chews up kids. Each person has to decide if they can be a fan given the toughness of this sport. I don't have a problem with that, but I can understand those that do.

3. If this follows the typical Project Veritas model, this is the first of several videos. The following videos might be more based on hidden cameras and sometimes are more shocking or maybe closer today, ie Ohio State players. This one seems pretty tame to me.
I really would like to know what number 2 was?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeffrey Simmons beat a girl on video and Mullen and Stricklin suspended him for a game. If that doesn't get people mad some pissed off ex players aren't going to do it.
The kid wasn't even enrolled yet at MSU when that happened, much less in Starkville even. He was still at home. That's a very weak connecting line to try & draw as an example in this discussion.

I'm not condoning his actions that were misdemeanors, by any measure. But this isn't comparable to the main OP issue much less speak to Mullen and how he views the same.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
What? So beating a woman is ok on video because it happens at other universities? I literally answered your question about Mullen at MSU and you made excuses. We all know meyer is a pos. Mullen dodged responsibility for simmons left and right.
1. No, it isn't OK. My point is that its a pattern with Meyer.
2. Justin. Watkins.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see your post, Cap.. but regardless of the ideology, the guy who made the video is well known for selectively editing video to make it look worse (a la Michael Moore on the other side of the political spectrum).

At the very least, it should be taken with a large grain of salt.
Literally all my post said was “consider the source of the video.” That’s it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator