Former UF WR Kyle Morgan commits suicide

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Back pain sucks. Completely debilitating. Sorry dude.

Wasn't there a major drug mill, for lack of a better term, in SE FL that basically caused reform with drug reps? The comps these doctors were getting was ridiculous.

I don't remember it being relegated to just SE Florida but yes for all intents and purposes the state of Florida was one big pill mill

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Sad story but I've known people that have committed suicide because of chronic pain that they couldn't find relief from as well. It just a damn tough circumstance. Everytime I see some guy in a UFC or MMA fight get knocked out and busted up I wonder what his life will be like in 10 year? How much pain he will be in or what his mental state (or her mental state) will be? Blaming congress, the FDA or MDs is an easy finger to point but we need to ask if as a society, these types of events for our entertainment are not making things MUCH worse.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Very unfortunate for sure. Problem is the crisis is causing problems for people who legitimately need pain relief....

People in pain, chronic or periodic, are who science researched and compounded those "miracle" meds for. Abusers misusing the drugs "ruin" that process for those legitimate pain patients.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I hear that a lot especially from people who have never suffered from chronic pain on a daily basis. I had back surgery and they did a 4-5 lumbar fusion. They completely removed a disk and installed a cage with cadaver bone and installed rods and screws to fuse the bone together. I was supposed to be fixed and pain free. I have never been the same and I have chronic back, leg and foot pain 24/7 365 that makes sleeping extremely difficult and limits everything I do. They (the V.A.) will not help me and when I did take pills some time ago, I was treated like crap by anyone in the medical field who knew it. If I could somehow transfer my pain into my doctors body for a few hours, he would be throwing prescriptions at me.

I'm sorry to hear about your condition and treatment. Perhaps it's just the loss of context that comes from words typed on the internet, but you sound a little bitter about my words. I'd like to clarify first that I only said that opioids should be a last resort for chronic pain. The body becomes habituated to them and they lose their effectiveness. This means that they require larger and larger doses at more frequent intervals to achieve a similar pain relieving effect. Eventually, they do very little, and all the person is left with is their unrelieved pain, new dependency, and negative personality changes that go along with it.

Certainly, medications such as Lyrica, neurontin, amitriptyline etc should be explored first as they don't carry the same negative consequences (although they of course have their own). Sometimes revision surgery can be considered.

Chronic pain is a horrible sentence. Often, there is no great solution.

I can also tell you that I've spent time at several VAs and had a clinic where I was an attending one day a week. There are many, many great doctors at the VAs I've spent time at. I've only been to VAs associated with some of the nation's premier teaching institutions where most of the attendings were associated with those institutions (and not just the VA system), so my experience is skewed, but I can tell you with certainty, your experience is not universal. Many if not most physicians care deeply about their patients. Their decision making may be obfuscated by the system or being overworked, but often times, there is a lot that goes into it and this may not always be intuitive.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't remember it being relegated to just SE Florida but yes for all intents and purposes the state of Florida was one big pill mill

Yeah, not just there, but it seemed like one office became the poster child for pharma rep reform

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
My wife has had six back surgeries...she has a master's from Loyola here in Chicago....smartest woman I have ever met. She is now on permanent disability because of her back...most who have chronic back pain, it is lumbar. Hers is thoracic. She takes Dilaudid, morphine, muscle relaxers, etc. Her memory is mush. And if she misses just one dose, she is in extreme pain. She sees her pain mgmt dr who is a neurologist, every 28 days. She needs her pain meds and does not abuse them. She is that 5% that is not abusing them, and truly needs them to even function. It is sad when I see someone die from OD or get addicted. But we still have to be concerned about those who really need it higher than normal pain pills to function every day. She has told me that if the govt/dr takes away her pain meds, she will not be able to live and will most likely take her own life.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So much misinformation and misunderstanding about how the prescribing process is supposed to work. The doctor is responsible for his decision to treat the patient with the drug he deems safe and appropriate......no one else makes the decision for him until we had this so-called "opioid crisis" perpetrated on society by the DEA being incompetent in performing it's job. The DEA let pill mill doctors grow out of control. Those clinics should have been shut down within 6 months of overprescribing.

The DEA gets a copy of form 222 used by pharmacies, doctors offices, or hospitals for ordering Class II narcotics. Class 3, 4 and 5 are invoiced separately from all other prescription drugs and the records are readily available to the DEA.

The DEA let the pill mills run rampant nationwide and particularly in South Florida. All it takes is a few bad doctors with no DEA oversight and this is what we wind up with. Most doctors and pharmacists value their hard earned licenses and want no part of an abuser of opioids. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out who the abusers are and refuse them service even if you have to make up a lack of supply excuse.

Opium or heroin addiction has been around since forever and is not some new fangled fault of the big Pharma companies. Addicts can easily get their fix on the street.

I started interning in Pharmacy in Jan. 1966 and have seen most every possible situation with ONE obvious misuse of opioids as an intern that I Inherited in 1969. The patient had no legs and rode around on a Coke box with roller skates attached to it propelled by his hands. An old, retired doctor prescribed him morphine injectable H.T.'s (hypodermic tablets) a weeks supply at the time.

Good doctors and pharmacists just do not participate in bull shiit antics of addicts.

Now we have very sick people in need of proper pain management and treatment who can't get it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are starting to see a little bit of a turn in the tide with legalization of marijuana.
:lmao2:

And there is no place in the United States where marijuana is legal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Doctors are being prosecuted, convicted, and sentenced to prison for drug trafficking in cases in which they prescribed what the government felt was an inordinate amount of opiates. .
Show me links.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So much misinformation and misunderstanding about how the prescribing process is supposed to work. The doctor is responsible for his decision to treat the patient with the drug he deems safe and appropriate......no one else makes the decision for him until we had this so-called "opioid crisis" perpetrated on society by the DEA being incompetent in performing it's job. The DEA let pill mill doctors grow out of control. Those clinics should have been shut down within 6 months of overprescribing.

The DEA gets a copy of form 222 used by pharmacies, doctors offices, or hospitals for ordering Class II narcotics. Class 3, 4 and 5 are invoiced separately from all other prescription drugs and the records are readily available to the DEA.

The DEA let the pill mills run rampant nationwide and particularly in South Florida. All it takes is a few bad doctors with no DEA oversight and this is what we wind up with. Most doctors and pharmacists value their hard earned licenses and want no part of an abuser of opioids. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out who the abusers are and refuse them service even if you have to make up a lack of supply excuse.

Opium or heroin addiction has been around since forever and is not some new fangled fault of the big Pharma companies. Addicts can easily get their fix on the street.

I started interning in Pharmacy in Jan. 1966 and have seen most every possible situation with ONE obvious misuse of opioids as an intern that I Inherited in 1969. The patient had no legs and rode around on a Coke box with roller skates attached to it propelled by his hands. An old, retired doctor prescribed him morphine injectable H.T.'s (hypodermic tablets) a weeks supply at the time.

Good doctors and pharmacists just do not participate in bull shiit antics of addicts.

Now we have very sick people in need of proper pain management and treatment who can't get it.
Having worked in our families pharmacy for many years, it was very easy to spot the pill shoppers. And they know the drill. First thing they ask after handing over the script was “do you have it in stock?” Of course we always pretended to ask/look and the answer was no.

UForFU

Nov 17, 2017
Kyle was my roommate at Lakeside summer (prior to) Freshman year. I still remember him saying “I’m trying to walk on” and me and our other roommate being like man stfu that’s not going to happen and then he did it. I only kept up with him when I saw him at the gym or on campus or downtown so it’s not like we were close but still. Damn.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Why lie about supply? What's so hard about saying that by law you can't fill it?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And there is no place in the United States where marijuana is legal.

Show me one federal case that’s gone after and convicted someone or some business that is in a state that’s legalized it.

I’ll hang up and listen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Show me one federal case that’s gone after and convicted someone or some business that is in a state that’s legalized it.

I’ll hang up and listen.
Thousands and thousands every month.

And equal numbers of money laundering cases for marijuana proceeds.

Im not sure what kind of shyt they are feeding you out in Cali, bc your fruitloop friend Avatar is under the same misconception that Cali is some rebel area that is no longer part of the US and is free from US law.

Are you going to get smashed for a joint? No, you never were, by the feds.

If you are trafficker you will still get busted. Frankly I think the shocked look on their face is the best part. But but but Im from California. Lulz

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thousands and thousands every month.

And equal numbers of money laundering cases for marijuana proceeds.

Im not sure what kind of shyt they are feeding you out in Cali, bc your fruitloop friend Avatar is under the same misconception that Cali is some rebel area that is no longer part of the US and is free from US law.

Are you going to get smashed for a joint? No, you never were, by the feds.

If you are trafficker you will still get busted. Frankly I think the shocked look on their face is the best part. But but but Im from California. Lulz
Nice edit.

Again, name one federal case that’s convicted in a legal marijuana state. Not a trafficker across state lines, dips hit.

I get that your state of Ohio doesn’t allow it so perhaps you don’t have a clue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nice edit.

Again, name one federal case that’s convicted in a legal marijuana state. Not a trafficker across state lines, dips hit.

I get that your state of Ohio doesn’t allow it so perhaps you don’t have a clue.
Fvkk off.

Youre out of your mind. You think customs, dea and fbi folded shop in Cali?

Edit:
Link isnt working but google
"homeland homeland arrest marijuana california"
"Dea arrest marijuana california"
"Fbi arrest marijuana california"

whehhhhhhh

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member