Fowler: Open practices are good

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been screaming about this since Muschamp's arrival. By shutting down the practices it alienates the fan base. I'm glad Foley is making him do this.

“Fans being able to watch us practice kind of prepares them for our season is going to be,” Fowler said. “It lets them make there own opinion about us and feel apart of the team.” When the fans feel apart of the team they are going to make noise and that’s something that helps the players according to Fowler.

It's great for the fans and great for the team. Astute observations on the part of Fowler.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/andrew-dante-fowler-weigh-open-practice/

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't bother me one way or another. Whatever makes the team better.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Open practices are huge for the fan base I agree. As a student, if you can watch the team practice you feel more a part of the team. I think you will see increased student support because of this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never saw the need to close almost all the practices.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n14060 said:
Open practices are huge for the fan base I agree. As a student, if you can watch the team practice you feel more a part of the team. I think you will see increased student support because of this.
I agree JC. When I went to UF I attended a ton of them. And we had no attendance problems.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When students spend their whole weeks not caring about football, come Saturday games are not a priority. If you can catch a couple practices a week, all the sudden you want to see what you have invested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator