Frankie Hammond Jr

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if anybody was watching the Chiefs-Panthers game, but Hammond looked extremely good. Even the announcers were raving about him. He looked extremely quick and made a lot of plays while finishing with 50 yards receiving while having another 50 yarder called back for a hold. It's a shame he was a receiver during the worst possible time at UF cuz he looks like a player.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Agreed... #85 made a case for himself tonight. And they have that Thomas kid from Oregon - fast as all git out. Don't know if you saw the Bucs/Fins game but at one point Louis Murphy and Solomon Patton were deep for KO returns.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy said:
Agreed... #85 made a case for himself tonight. And they have that Thomas kid from Oregon - fast as all git out. Don't know if you saw the Bucs/Fins game but at one point Louis Murphy and Solomon Patton were deep for KO returns.
Yep I saw Patton and Murphy and am hoping they both make the team (Murphy is going to for sure). Unfortunately Patton had a few drops but did do well on returns.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy said:
I got a lot of buddies who are Raiders fans and they're still all pissed that they let Murphy go.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n31058 said:
I don't know if anybody was watching the Chiefs-Panthers game, but Hammond looked extremely good. Even the announcers were raving about him. He looked extremely quick and made a lot of plays while finishing with 50 yards receiving while having another 50 yarder called back for a hold. It's a shame he was a receiver during the worst possible time at UF cuz he looks like a player.

Yea it is sad because that kid had some wheels from what I remember.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hope that he does well. Would have liked to see him in this offense of Roper's.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy said:
Yeah he was very solid on the Raiders. Hope he can be even better on the Bucs, which I think he will

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, thanks for the update, Jay! I lost track of Hammond. He's a South Florida (Hallandale High) kid that I happened to have met years ago. Glad to see he's trying to make himself a place in the NFL! :clap:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n31058 said:

We have wasted a great deal of receiver talent during the current and past regimes.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n31092 said:
We have wasted a great deal of receiver talent during the current and past regimes.
Yes we have, hopefully Roper can correct this.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Even Deonte Thompson is doing well.. had a 108 yard kickoff return.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
Even Deonte Thompson is doing well.. had a 108 yard kickoff return.
Although from the article... "With the Ravens deep at wide receiver, Thompson knew he needed a strong training camp to stick around for a third season with the team. He has done some good things in practice, but he also has had a couple uncontested drops on perfect deep passes from Joe Flacco."

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Deonte always had the speed , it was his hands that have held him back.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone know how our undrafted guys like Burton etc. are doing ?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
ppinesgator said:
Oh, thanks for the update, Jay! I lost track of Hammond. He's a South Florida (Hallandale High) kid that I happened to have met years ago. Glad to see he's trying to make himself a place in the NFL! :clap:
Anytime man. I always check up with ex Gators in the pros so I was glad to see him doing well

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the updates on these guys. So glad for them!

Hammond also had a gift of being able to take gatorvision PR video such as, hello imaginary recruit, here is a tour of our facility, etc and could make it sound natural and interesting. His interviews with team members were also fun. He has talent in front of a videocam or whatever they use these days.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n31068 said:
Why don't you just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.