Franks admits the mental part has been an issue thus far

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So guys. I went to the dining hall with the team after practice. Franks went through the line and skipped over the salad bar while Trask loaded up on kale and quinoa with a lite vinaigrette on top. I think this means Trask had a worse practice because he's trying to get healthier while Franks is cocky and thinks he has the job locked up, loading up on pasta and chicken wings. So I think Franks will be starting.
thank you! the conclusions some of these guys jump to are retarded.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
thank you! the conclusions some of these guys jump to are retarded.
C'mon, man, we were under extreme duress to make the correct call after two days of practice. Show some empathy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trouble is, Grimes & Jefferson happened in on Franks when he was facing the mirror & shouting it.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I was told Franks was likely the man 2 months ago BUT now that Donkey is saying Trask has no shot then it must mean that Trask is now a legitimate contender.

Trask getting in better shape helps him more than it helps Franks as physicality was not Frank's issue.

Now if the light comes on for Franks then that is the area Trask had the advantage.

With our QB injury luck it is probably best to have 2 redshirt sophomores than just one.

Now that UF has weapons at WR and TE, I hope Mullen goes with whoever sees the field the best whoever that is.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was told Franks was likely the man 2 months ago BUT now that Donkey is saying Trask has no shot then it must mean that Trask is now a legitimate contender.

Trask getting in better shape helps him more than it helps Franks as physicality was not Frank's issue.

Now if the light comes on for Franks then that is the area Trask had the advantage.

With our QB injury luck it is probably best to have 2 redshirt sophomores than just one.

Now that UF has weapons at WR and TE, I hope Mullen goes with whoever sees the field the best whoever that is.

Donkey is now saying that? He’s been saying that for two years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Sounds like Mullen is saying all the QBs still suck and aren't improving much..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Raise your hand if you ever understood any damn thing that Butters said.

Exactly.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Funny to see this thread today b/c I have walked past Franks the past 2 days, once he was by himself and the other time it appeared the team was headed to some type of light practice in pajamas. When he was alone, he was dressed shabbily and walking lazily looking as tho he was floating thru life. With the team, he was near the back of the pack again walking slowly and lazily. This by no means portends that he will not be successful on the field, but outside of a couple of runs and a big arm, he seems to have zero mental acumen for anything, as many have mentioned. And it seemed to ring true when seeing him the past 2 days. I am not saying the guy has to be dressed in business attire, but carry yourself with a purpose, act like you care in your everyday life and perhaps your fortunes might change on the field!

You can’t fake maturity
You can’t fake class
You can’t fake cool
You can’t fake or be given confidence

In other words, leaders don’t have to think about acting like leaders. They just are.

Now, he is young and people do grow up and change a lot at that stage of life. But If he didn’t get the memo after his coach was fired, didn’t get it after looking lost in the spring and didn’t get it after his HC specifically told all of them how critical this summer was...he’s going to finish his career in Chattanooga or Shreveport.

I hope you just caught him in odd moments, hope he’s made progress. We’ll see.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to think that Trask could be the second coming of Shane Matthews from down on the depth chart, then I realize Shane was actually state player of the year in Mississippi in his senior year of high school while Trask was a bench warmer.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I'd like to think that Trask could be the second coming of Shane Matthews from down on the depth chart, then I realize Shane was actually state player of the year in Mississippi in his senior year of high school while Trask was a bench warmer.

A bench warmer in a similar offense to Mullin’s who ran for a total of 6 yards. Ever.

It would be among the most shocking stories in college football if he were to win the starting job or be forced by injury into meaningful snaps and play well.

Worth noting that Mullin offered Franks at MSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb