MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is what concerns me about Franks.

bf3c309adcf63abe1bed8971d7c6ca3f_crop_exact.jpg

1307259.JPG

I've seen another QB recently that turns his hand upside down like that on his windup.

blake-bortles-nfl-jacksonville-jaguars-houston-texans-590x900.jpg

Blake Bortles is another big strong athletic guy with a long windup that throws a lot of interceptions. He came into the NFL with this motion and threw 17 INTs his rookie year. He saw a throwing coach after that year and somewhat cleaned it up. His second season he threw for 4,500 yards, 35 TD's but still had 18 INTs. He admitted he didn't go back to his throwing coach after 2015 and his throwing motion was a mess last year. He ended 2016 with only 23 TD's and 16 INTs. Blake has all the talent, work ethics and ability in the world to be a top notch QB but he has to fix this throwing motion. This little "hitch" in his motion makes him routinely late and behind his receivers and gives DBs time to react.

I understand the need for a bigger windup on a deeper pass, but Blake and Felipe have the same windup even on short 10 yard passes. This will cause accuracy issues in tight windows.

Feleipe may get away with it some in college like Blake did but if he doesn't shorten that windup he'll continue to be a turnover machine.

Here's a guy thats known for a quick release. Notice the ball is up high and not upside down. This allows him to aim and shoot.

Tom-Brady-Jim-Rogash-GettyImages-494209128-940x545.jpg

He's not nearly as big and strong or athletic as Bortles or Franks but his throwing motion has served him well.

IMG_4203.JPG

I'm not worried about his motion. It's longer than some but not long enough to be an issue at this point IMO. Many QBs have this motion.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well wasn't Appleby suppose to be mobile? Did we really take advantage of that when he was playing?
Appleby is mobile like Grier or Trask. They can escape, but an OC isn't going to want them running with the ball. That really isn't their game. With Franks, it can be part of the offense. Sadly, I think MacNuss won't be that creative, but will run his vanilla system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator