Franks still a year away?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“Being able to develop a guy is something we’ve been fortunate to do at a lot of stops along the way. At the same time, we’ve got to go with who’s going to give us the best opportunity to win ballgames.”
------------------------------------------------------

That statement above is almost concrete proof Mac thinks we still have an issue at QB. He wouldn't be putting the welcome mat out to Zaire in the press like that if he had a lot of faith in Franks and Trask. Mac also said camp was enough time to win the starting job. If that isn't signaling something I don't know what is.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a good question, and only Mac n Nuss really know if Franks is anywhere near ready or not. I kinda agree with the guy. If he thinks a QB is all we need to compete for the SEC title, then get that QB if you think he's the guy. If you think we're a year or two away still, then use this year to develop one of the RS Freshmen for the future.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's a good question, and only Mac n Nuss really know if Franks is anywhere near ready or not. I kinda agree with the guy. If he thinks a QB is all we need to compete for the SEC title, then get that QB if you think he's the guy. If you think we're a year or two away still, then use this year to develop one of the RS Freshmen for the future.

Booger saying he has been told that does make you think there may be something to the talk he is really turnover prone in practice. Not knowing the playbook is a PC term used for saying the QB isn't getting it upstairs. I kind of agree with him but we know Mac is going to go with another QB if he thinks it gets him an extra win or two knowing a 7-5 record would have him on a very hot seat going into 2018.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Does Mac have the luxury of riding this year out ranked in the 100s in offense? That being said, I am ready to see what Franks has this year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does Mac have the luxury of riding this year out ranked in the 100s in offense?

I don't see it happening. If our offense stinks again this year and we can't crack the top 70 or so, he's toast imo. He was hired to fix the offense. 3 years is long enough to at least show you're making progress. Another 100+ ranked offense and he is gone, gone, gone baby.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac hired his out of work buddy, Nuss. He should be fired for that alone. It's been a disaster.

Good luck at Tulsa/New Mexico/UTEP/Hawaii/Etc, Mac.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Guy and gals... Franks was given every opportunity to take the starting QB job this spring. He was ok in the Orange & Blue game but, he was certainly not impressive enough to be the starter in the fall.

Until proven wrong, I believe Del Taco is the starting QB at UF. Franks and Trask, who played much better with the # 1 offense, are both at least year and, a new OC, away from starting in the SEC.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I don't see it happening. If our offense stinks again this year and we can't crack the top 70 or so, he's toast imo. He was hired to fix the offense. 3 years is long enough to at least show you're making progress. Another 100+ ranked offense and he is gone, gone, gone baby.
nav. mac is getting 2 more years regardless of what happens. mark it down,. you heard it here

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks, to enjoy playing CFB, will learn his timing with receivers real fast. Then, totally ignored, his superior break & run ability will add much to our TD drives. UF players are ready and fans are overdue.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Mac will be fired if he goes 6-6. Winning the East twice can't undo that suckage. If he is retained the entire AD should be purged. UF should act like we're a football school, or leave the SEC and join CUSA. It's that simple. We're gonna lose millions and the cord cutting is about to hit home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.