Franks still a year away?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been a supporter of firing him for some time now. Welcome aboard! :lol:
Easy...I'm not there yet. I really believe Franks will be sufficient this year, and we could have a heck of a ground game as well.

I'm expecting 9-3. I could also see 10-2 or 8-4. I won't be happy with 8-4 though, but it won't be enough to get him fired, that said I'd likely jump on board with ya if we go 8-4 or worse.

This season may not get him fired, but it's make or break.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Toney was playing against walk ons and 4th stringers.

He'll never start a game here at UF as a QB.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Easy...I'm not there yet. I really believe Franks will be sufficient this year, and we could have a heck of a ground game as well.

I'm expecting 9-3. I could also see 10-2 or 8-4. I won't be happy with 8-4 though, but it won't be enough to get him fired, that said I'd likely jump on board with ya if we go 8-4 or worse.

Agreed - we have 3 away games in the Fall (KY, MO and USCe) plus two neutral games (Meatchicken and UGAly). No excuse is good enough if we lose 4 games out of 12 in the regular season.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
:britney:

Who is talking about Toney in this thread?

Sorry, I don't know if you can see that high of posts? My bad.

I'm hoping they give Toney a shot at starting. I think he could be the good news we have been waiting on. He's brings excitement to the offense. I can see him starting by the third game. In the spring game he was the only excitement we had. Let's face it, he's our hope.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

He's not getting fired this year for results...unless the wheels totally come off and he does a Mushchamp (4-8 or worse). My fear is he's around for years while we muddle through with 8-4 or 9-3 type seasons. He's Mark Richt minus the recruiting prowess...nice guy but a medicine coach. Right now, that'll get you a decade in the SECE.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
They sure have, but I SERIOUSLY doubt any of those miracle turn-arounds happened after inheriting 6 total offensive linemen, 3 being walk-ons or no more talented than a walk-on.
STOP WITH THE EXCUSES. :barfaway:AUB won the NC by adding Cam Newton and Nick Fairley and Mike Dyer. Great coaches make it work. Losers make excuses.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The season record will be more important than the offense ranking.
That said, the record is dictated by the ability of the 3 phases of the game.
I think we will see improvement on offense (so long as LDR is on the bench), and a step back on defense, but not huge unless injuries occur.
We have the horses on offense, and I think many people forget just how bad LDR actually is, and just how little he can actually throw. Franks has the skillset, all he needs to do is not be a turnover machine. He could be, I'll admit, but I also believe he's learning quickly.

Indeed they have. The Saban's and Meyer's of the world are a rarity too. That's not an excuse for anyone else...just a reality that those kinds of coaches simply don't grow on trees. I'm all for paying coaches like them whatever it takes....just find me a coach like them.
There are lots of advantages at UF and I just don't know that Mac has or can leverage them. Time will tell.

Mac has only made changes this season, after 2 seasons at the helm. While Nuss and Nord should have been changed too, seems to me that the changes that were made this offseason have been pretty well regarded thus far...we'll see how that pans out through the season.
Actually he changed DB before last year as well and you must admit that he has had the opportunity recently to retool his entire staff and yet, as you stated, it seems like he kept the worst ones. My point was that we should be seeing positive results this season given the number of changes

How many have we had? 1? And he was popped for PED's, wanted a guarantee, and bolted when he couldn't get it. I mean, no one in their right mind is considering LDR a top flight QB are they? We know Harris and Appleby weren't and were never supposed to be.
I was referring to all of the QB's he has missed out on via recruiting, I am well aware of who we have or had.

Suffering? :lol2:
Okay, suffering was an exaggeration

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I think everyone on here knows how I feel about Franks so I'll keep my thoughts on this one to myself.

http://gatorsportsradio.com/episode...da-need-to-pursue-a-grad-transfer-quarterback

Discuss.

So here we are at the beginning of year 3 of Mac's realm and we still have no quarterback that is capable of taking the reins of the program. Why is it that other programs seem to be able to develop the quarterback recruits that join their programs, but our staff seem incapable of such a task?
And now we are told that we need to pursue, yet again, another castoff from some other school. Weren't we told that Mac was suppose to be some sort of a quarterback guru? So far, all I have seen is a doughnut guru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator