Franks Suffers From Driskelitis

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has perfected the art of rolling out of the pocket be running out of bounds 4 yards behind the LOS.

Is it that hard to get rid of the ball and not take a sack? Do they just not teach the technique at Florida? Or are our QBs just that dumb?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He needs to throw the ball away, but I think he has a bigger upside than Driskel. Result of piss poor coaching mainly. This staff sucks!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bet he's been coached to do that, throwing the ball away could possibly lead to a pick or penalty.
How so? He's already out of the pocket and just has to throw it past the LOS. He could heave it into the third row of the bleachers.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to throw the ball away, but I think he has a bigger upside than Driskel. Result of piss poor coaching mainly. This staff sucks!
Not seeing it at all. He's slower than Driskel. Football IQ is probably the same and makes extremely poor decisions. Only thing better than Driskel, that I've seen, is that he doesn't have the"Deer in headlights" look.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not seeing it at all. He's slower than Driskel. Football IQ is probably the same and makes extremely poor decisions. Only thing better than Driskel, that I've seen, is that he doesn't have the"Deer in headlights" look.

Cause he hasn't been coached properly, I haven't seen him rattled like Driskel would get. Franks has potential, but this staff clearly will never be able to tap it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cause he hasn't been coached properly, I haven't seen him rattled like Driskel would get. Franks has potential, but this staff clearly will never be able to tap it.
And Driskel wasn't coached up by Chump. Driskel went to play under Holtz and looked better, but certainly not all world beater. Franks just doesn't seem to be any different.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
And Driskel wasn't coached up by Chump. Driskel went to play under Holtz and looked better, but certainly not all world beater. Franks just doesn't seem to be any different.

The difference is, I think Franks can still be saved with the proper coaching. Franks doesn't get rattled like Driskel did, at least not yet. I think Franks has more confidence than Driskel had, he just needs fine tuning. Will he get it from this staff, not likely. Driskel, no doubt could've benefited from some better coaching as well. Either way, both QB's came highly rated to Florida , and both have been failed by their development and can coaching

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
How so? He's already out of the pocket and just has to throw it past the LOS. He could heave it into the third row of the bleachers.
I think it's the coaching that says above all else don't take any risks, might be afraid of fumbling as he tries to throw.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Too early to give up on Franks. He had trouble last week getting plays off and this week he didn't. He seemed to, from what I could see on TV, quite vocal with the O, so maybe growing into a leader.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IMHO, Franks is adrift without a coach-anchor. In short passes, Franks fires it on a rope and accurately. Those dump off pass plays are disrupted by the defensive penetration. Throwihg the long pass, Franks is very accurate, so what if he throws into coverage, that's our WR not getting clear or coaching not drilling into their "feet" how to draw a DB in before bolting long.

Franks is leg-clumsy and hasn't been taught what a sure-handed "teammate" the out-of-bounds is for avoiding the loss. Franks needs a wall to set up to throw behind. Find and rely on the talents who perform well with the deficites that you have = Malik Davis as featured back & Toney as QB with breakaway ability plus passing ability. As this point in the season coaching via film & by practiced drills should have Toney ready.

However, the real "stuck-with" problem must be "and-yet" practicing = no focussed drilling of the players on the few plays for sustaining drives.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

He limits his throws a little or the coaches do so he doesn't have as many crazy turnovers but I think if they opened things up more he may be closer to Driskel there.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Flash ahead three years as Franks finishes up his senior season with 29 TD's and 4,100 yards passing at.....Wake Forrest.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Way too early to give up on Franks...unless we don't get rid of butters. Get a good coach in here and eventually i think Franks could be good he's just playing way to early...he was always supposed to be somewhat of a project because of his simplistic hs offense

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Franks plays like he's scared to throw a pick.

At least LDR had the balls to sling it around until his fragile body quit on him, again.

I don't think Franks is smart enough to play QB at this level. I've never seen a QB recover from Driskelitus.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Like the quandary of fire Nuss lose Coral, keep Nuss ruin Coral...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Way too early to give up on Franks...unless we don't get rid of butters. Get a good coach in here and eventually i think Franks could be good he's just playing way to early...he was always supposed to be somewhat of a project because of his simplistic hs offense

Which shows how much faith Mac had in Del Rio to have had the arrogance to show up two hours late for the critical meeting with Grier and his father due to his being out recruiting Franks. Franks wasn't anywhere near ready and he was prepared to walk in the room to send Grier packing based on his confidence in Del Rio. Amazing.

You can place that bet on almost equal footing with the decision to hire Nussmeier, both terrible decisions by Mac and why his term at Florida is on borrowed time.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
He escapes pocket pressure before the pressure happens. He escapes a clean pocket and gives the end a target as he runs by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator