Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
booing1.jpg

grow up giraffe... it's just the result of a perception by the fan that they've wasted their money and time.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
BIG assumption. I take nothing for granted with Gator QB's since Tebow graduated.

Franks isn't Mullen's guy so I don't think it is going to be hard to make a change in this case. Unlike the last 2 dudes, Mullen is at least good at working around the gaps with the inherited guy in the meantime. But you can almost feel his frustration every time you see him coaching up Franks after yet another missed opportunity.

I think Mullen ultimately chose Franks as the starter this year to see if he could mold him into the sum of his raw talents. Unfortunately, Franks is another Rex Grossman or Doug Johnson type who has massive physical skills but lacks the mental/emotional focus necessary to consistently elevate his game in big situations which, in the end, is what defines champions.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
19 pages and you girls are still talking about this. Isn’t there a Keeping up with the Kardashian’s episode you’ve missed.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Franks isn't Mullen's guy so I don't think it is going to be hard to make a change in this case. Unlike the last 2 dudes, Mullen is at least good at working around the gaps with the inherited guy in the meantime. But you can almost feel his frustration every time you see him coaching up Franks after yet another missed opportunity.

I think Mullen ultimately chose Franks as the starter this year to see if he could mold him into the sum of his raw talents. Unfortunately, Franks is another Rex Grossman or Doug Johnson type who has massive physical skills but lacks the mental/emotional focus necessary to consistently elevate his game in big situations which, in the end, is what defines champions.

Rex Grossman was one of the best QB’s ever to play at UF. He was completely robbed of a Heisman one year. No idea how anyone could possibly compare Franks to Grossman.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
certainly not mine.........Had the best job on earth for 4 decades and now living the life of leisure on MY TERMS.........and making sure gator fans know how to support our team............
Please do tell... what is the best job on Earth? I may be up for a career change (again).

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I certainly don't need you telling me how to support the Gators.
I don’t know about this Ox. You need to learn to accept coaching. You really let us down during the Missouri game week. You helped fuel the perception that Zoo was nothing for the Mighty Gators to concern themselves with. You set us up to fail. You said I was swinging from Lock’s nutz. You should have listened to me....I had the better view. Now, shshshshshhhhhhhhhhhshhshshshshhhhh.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well thank you for the set of instructions as to how to be a proper fan.

You must be level 75 Gator Prestige.
Is that the one where you’ve gotten laid on the fifty yard line, and you shout “go Gators” everytime you come? Asking for a friend.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
queen was right, no opinions changed.

Booooooooooooo!

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Rex Grossman was one of the best QB’s ever to play at UF. He was completely robbed of a Heisman one year. No idea how anyone could possibly compare Franks to Grossman.

Grossman was awesome under Spurrier but much less so under Zook (duh). That said, however, I was really thinking about Grossman relative to his pro career which isn't really a fair comparison. The NFL is really where Grossman's brain lock, which only appeared in a small subset of games over his college career, really kicked in. Doug Johnson is definitely a better Franks comparison from a collegiate standpoint and Jeff Driskell is what Franks would have been without Mullen.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
believe that I used to Dunk with two hands. Glad I kept the newpaper articles.
I hate you. I could do magic below the rim but height and dna kept me from that holy grail. I did find lots of courts with low baskets to have my Jordanesque fun. I have a zip lock bag of the newspaper stories (thank you grandmother Chris)

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ok you said it for me. Im thinking PLEASE GOD let FF be half as good as Rexie next year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Sometimes, I go to the zoo to visit the giraffes. If they don’t perform well, I boo them loudly until they behave the way I want.
ding ding ding ding ding ............WE HAVE THE WINNER......................
and let me apologize for the mult. posts. If I had known I had so many to reply to I would have done that cut and paste reply thing for each one to make it one post.......you live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.