Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t condone Franks doing this, but I also think he’s been put in a tough spot and at a minimum shows heart and wants to win. He wasn’t recruited for this offense, but immediately embraced it. He wasn’t coached in his first two season but stayed. He is far from perfect but at least gives it his all.

I don’t like the booing even though I get that the fans are probably booing the overall play. But it gets under his skin which, to me, is better than just not caring.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt I've ever booed college football players and I doubt I would. Still, these are legit points...

If these players can't stand the criticism, then don't play the damn game. Without fans, there are no sports.

Just shows their mentality. Franks deserved every single boo he got. He's been terrible. Booing comes with the territory. If you want the accolades when you do well, you have to accept the boos when you don't. Go play in the pac 12 if you want quiet, polite, uninterested fans. SEC fans are passionate, they love you when you win and hate you when you lose.

I'd like the Gators to play hard and like they expect to succeed with less immature displays all around.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I was confident we were dealing with a different kind of cat when he did the Lambeau leap the first game against a patsy and got a PF penalty.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
All the chicken sh*t punks who have booed him deserve to have it shoved back in their face.
Fans can say anything they want about the 20 yr old but fck him if he comes back. You know he heard and saw TONS of "felipe you suck" the last two weeks. So today he has HIS gfy moment. Its funny to me. He played well. Ran well and passed well when it really mattered. What ****ing AMAZES me is we get a BIG win today on the way to 9 or even 10 wins this year and we are trashing OUR own QB. Call me not surprised in the "world" we live in now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was apparent early on we could run on Muschamp's D. The drive that led to our first score was as well conceived as any I've seen from a Florida offense in a long time. Great mixture of crisp screens out wide, running between the tackles, setting up KT for one of his best runs of the afternoon after he juked a defender out of his cleats. That kid is something.

I think it was on this drive, maybe the next, where we actually went a bit uptempo, though hilariously Franks would line up real quick and then just stand there awaiting instructions from the sideline. A bit self-defeating.

Franks looked esp sharp on the first drive. He's best real long or real short or coming from behind. Ask him to find a receiver 12 yards downfield and he goes into a brain freeze. Waits too long, forces the ball to covered people, relies too much on his arm strength, which often leads to errant throws. Get the ball out early, son.

However, the extra effort was unmistakable, and I think his teammates fed off the energy. Make no mistake, he's a team leader. Maybe not in the traditional sense, but his teamates look to him for energy and spark when things go south. He didn't let them down today.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1. I'm a 0-10-1er we didn't boo.
2. Every college player on that team is a kid to me.
3. If you don't think they are kids, you still have some growing up to do.
4. I told my son in the middle of the 4th, that if Frank's leads us to the win, I'm gonna go run his cold tub after the game.
The dude played hard, and if that's what it takes to motivate him then so be it.
This from a man that coached young people for MANY years and did an outstanding job. You wanna learn something about life and young people and how to lead them, pay attention to him. He walked the walk.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I fully expected EJ to be starting by now.
I don't know. EJ has played about less than a dozen plays this year and has either fumbled or looked shaky as a leaf on most of them and that's not a knock on him as he's still a first year player. I'm no Franks fan by any means BUT he may be the best option in Mullen's offense as long as he keeps running more often....if he plays and win vs. the Clowns I'm not gonna b!tch about him being out there even if it's not pretty...

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Man he's hard to watch, but he's not even a good QB, so let him have his moments, good for him. He's not long for the starting job anyway, unless EJ is another in a long list of disappointments. Then at that point it falls on the coach. Time will tell, but if the giraffe is starting next season, idk

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just a reminder. Mac was a couple hours late to the pivotal meeting with Grier and his dad because he was out selling FF on Florida.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another overstatement. The fact that you considered that "well" says all we need about the level of QB play over the last 8 years.

We can't throw the ball downfield. At all.

Agreed. I liked to see him showing some emotion . But it’s obvious Feliepe isn’t a championship QB. The sooner we turn the page on Franks the better.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
FF made some clutch throws and runs today to help us win, I didn't boo Franks so Im pretty sure his antics wasn't aimed at me probably just the assh0les that booed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb