Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
Another overstatement. The fact that you considered that "well" says all we need about the level of QB play over the last 8 years.

We can't throw the ball downfield. At all.

He played to his ability and put his demons behind him for now. I agree right now he is not a consistent downfield threat. Can that be developed? I suspect not any time soon, but I hope I'm wrong. I doubt he is the long term answer. But I didn't see anybody else on the bench who is. Maybe EJ is, I don't know but at this point blowing a reshirt to play an extra game would be completely pointless.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If you guys had your eyes open, you saw a hesitant, tepid, barely willing runner become someone who wanted the ball. Did he "put the team on his shoulders"? He did in the sense that he wanted the ball and he got it and delivered when we most needed a fourth down TD while trailing. Did he deserve the booing? Yes. Was he entitled to give it back when he succeeded? Yes he was. The "fans" can stick a thumb up their collective derriere.
Will he now have a better mental grasp of the game? No. Will his passing be more accurate? Probably not. But will he be a better QB? Yes he will.
And what can UF fans do? Carp and complain. Hmmmm. Maybe all UF fans are millenials.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you guys had your eyes open, you saw a hesitant, tepid, barely willing runner become someone who wanted the ball. Did he "put the team on his shoulders"? He did in the sense that he wanted the ball and he got it and delivered when we most needed a fourth down TD while trailing. Did he deserve the booing? Yes. Was he entitled to give it back when he succeeded? Yes he was. The "fans" can stick a thumb up their collective derriere.
Will he now have a better mental grasp of the game? No. Will his passing be more accurate? Probably not. But will he be a better QB? Yes he will.
And what can UF fans do? Carp and complain. Hmmmm. Maybe all UF fans are millenials.
Bravo, Ancient. I dare say he put a Tebow licking on the kid who got initially flagged for targeting (the call was overturned). That kind of intensity is not lost on your teammates. Franks came to play today.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In real life, Ox is such a kind and gentle soul. You should read the stuff his wife and friends write about him on FB. You'd think he was Mr. Rodgers or something by the way they gush over his compassionate ways.

For some alien reason, the fangs come out here.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
That's the first time in 35 years of watching sports that I have seen a player tell his OWN CROWD to shut up.

Regardless of whether it was justified, this is still very true. I’ve watched thousands of hours sports and I have never seen this happen.

I've come to the conclusion that not only can he not reign it in, he doesn't want to.

FF plays his best when he imagines it being him against the world. I think he manufactures this stuff to motivate himself.

Some athletes are that way.

I don’t think that is what we are dealing with from Franks or Perine. This is Mac remnants. It is exactly the mentality Mac bred. It was then against us. He did it all the time and it led to his departure. This is the remnant.

In the post-game, Mullen expresses his disappointment in this and in Franks’s tweet to Del Rio. Mullen also went out of his way to thank the fans. He is trying to correct Mac’s mindset.

Grown men boo college kids and then whine when they get shushed. :lol:

Notwithstanding my comments above regarding Franks, this point is also absolutely spot on.

Though, in the fans’ defense, there weren’t many there to begin with, then even less booed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In many CFB games this year by many players of many schools, I have seen them displaying the shush-finger. So it is not tied to rebuking the fans as there was no strife between those players and their fans. Franks did not create that gesture or create its meaning.??

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In real life, Ox is such a kind and gentle soul. You should read the stuff his wife and friends write about him on FB. You'd think he was Mr. Rodgers or something by the way they gush over his compassionate ways.

For some alien reason, the fangs come out here.
What fangs? I enjoyed the hell out of the comeback. There are things I like about Franks, including his willingness to play hard. However, I'm embarrassed by the way he acts a lot of the time. Taking swipes at your own fans didn't work for LDR, and it isn't going to work for Franks. It doesn't work for ANYONE. Make a statement with your play and win the fans back.

Even Mullen agreed in his conference that Franks shouldn't have done it.

We still have no passing game with Franks and I'd like to see him on the bench as a result.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know. EJ has played about less than a dozen plays this year and has either fumbled or looked shaky as a leaf on most of them and that's not a knock on him as he's still a first year player. I'm no Franks fan by any means BUT he may be the best option in Mullen's offense as long as he keeps running more often....if he plays and win vs. the Clowns I'm not gonna b!tch about him being out there even if it's not pretty...
The quote was that I EXPECTED EJ to win the job by now.

Id agree he has looked shaky but everyone looks shaky at first.

I have no faith innthis staff's ability to assess talent though. It is as easy as looking at Toney, DB decisions (29 and 13 playing over 31) and the TEs to see they dont know what the fvkk they are doing and/or play favorites with seniors or kids they like better.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just a reminder. Mac was a couple hours late to the pivotal meeting with Grier and his dad because he was out selling FF on Florida.
:lmao2: QB whisperin'.

He was just lookin for some kids to backup LDR.

Thanks Fooley!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The guy just isn't terribly bright. Love the win, but his constant punk-ass antics really annoyed me.

You're the quarterback of the Florida Gators. Grow up.

Discuss.

As a friend of mine pointed out after the game, Franks was just following the lead of his coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What fangs? I enjoyed the hell out of the comeback. There are things I like about Franks, including his willingness to play hard. However, I'm embarrassed by the way he acts a lot of the time. Taking swipes at your own fans didn't work for LDR, and it isn't going to work for Franks. It doesn't work for ANYONE. Make a statement with your play and win the fans back.

Even Mullen agreed in his conference that Franks shouldn't have done it.

We still have no passing game with Franks and I'd like to see him on the bench as a result.
That's a compelling acquittal of your feelings about Franks.

I was referring to your post about PE.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's a compelling acquittal of your feelings about Franks.

I was referring to your post about PE.
I meant what I said. PE doesn't care if we're 4-8 or 12-0, as long as everyone had a good time. After all, he lived through 0-10-1 so things could always be worse.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Drop the Grier love. He is a kid who screwed himself and his team and his university. I hope he fails miserably. Besides that, if he did good here, Butters would still be the HC here. Adios cokehead.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The quote was that I EXPECTED EJ to win the job by now.

Id agree he has looked shaky but everyone looks shaky at first.

I have no faith innthis staff's ability to assess talent though. It is as easy as looking at Toney, DB decisions (29 and 13 playing over 31) and the TEs to see they dont know what the fvkk they are doing and/or play favorites with seniors or kids they like better.
Meyer's attitude about freshmen apparently rubbed off on him. I too figured EJ would be starting by now. What Mullen has done with Franks, for all his inadequacies, is nothing short of impressive. He's brought us from behind three times now. It's allowed Mullen to bring Jones along more slowly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Besides that, if he did good here, Butters would still be the HC here. Adios cokehead.
Neither Grier nor anyone else was going to save Butters from being Butters.

All you have to do is listen to the shyt that flows from Greg McElroys mouth to know what it takes to be a chickenshyt "just take no chances" Butters style of QB. Guys like Grier, Grossman etc would never work for Butters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.