Franks to be named starter?

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Starter against a cupcake means nothing! It's how he performs and how team responds to him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully this staff does better with him. We all knew this was gonna be the case. Hopefully he surprises us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why start Franks if they've got more faith in Trask. Now, will Trask overthrow Franks? Gone be interesting to hear color commentators babble on about our QB controversy. "Mullen has the riches of having 2 equally qualified QBs."

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Seems legit. The Walmart rumor
We all knew deep in our dark hearts Franks was taking the first snap.

It's telling that both the rumor and Franks are associated with Walmart, the new K-Mart. What we want is a Costco team complete with fair wages and upgraded facilities. In other words, Walmart ain't got what we need.

Trask + CDM = Victories.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see Trask's spiritual, resilience if he's been thinking he would start and now he's returned to the bench.
.... but Franks can throw it all away.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shocking. I figured he would pick the pocket statue who didnt play in high school because he couldn't run.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I think Mullen was hesitant to name Trask starter since he's never played a down in a game. Let's see who is the better quarterback on Saturday.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
If he is the starter, look for a vanilla offense of about 10-15 plays that we will run all day. Look for Scarlett and Davis to carry the team. Franks just doesn't look to have that flow as a passer, runner, football player. Its like he's 16 and just learning to drive a manual grinding the gears...

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
It's telling that both the rumor and Franks are associated with Walmart, the new K-Mart. What we want is a Costco team complete with fair wages and upgraded facilities. In other words, Walmart ain't got what we need.

Trask + CDM = Victories.
Screw Costco. I want a Target team (as in "on target"). Better stuff and the chicks usually look better.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does Franks have the capacity to read a defense, go through a couple of reads, and take what the D gives you? If we don’t see serious improvement on this, him being the starter makes zero sense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He can't read defensive secondaries, so there's little reason for me to believe he'll be any better in a read option other than the possibility that less time reading for Feleipe Franks means a better time for the offense as a whole. My guess is that's what the coaching staff is banking on.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There seems to be the thought that if he doesnt get named starter get will go in the jar and Trask is better prepared for being named backup. If that's true it's stupid reasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator